ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stupid Tourist Tricks
KChiefs1 06:09 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well now this just plain sucks.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...by-yellowstone

News has been circulating on social media about people putting a bison calf in their car. The story is true, and its sad conclusion highlights the importance of keeping a safe distance from park wildlife. Here’s the full account:

Last week, visitors were cited for placing a newborn bison calf in their vehicle and transporting it to a park facility because of their misplaced concern for the animal's welfare. In terms of human safety, this was a dangerous activity because adult animals are very protective of their young and will act aggressively to defend them. In addition, interference by people can cause mothers to reject their offspring. In this case, park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd. These efforts failed. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway.

In a recent viral video, a visitor approached within an arm's length of an adult bison in the Old Faithful area. Another video featured visitors posing for pictures with bison at extremely unsafe and illegal distances. Last year, five visitors were seriously injured when they approached bison too closely. Bison injure more visitors to Yellowstone than any other animal.

Approaching wild animals can drastically affect their well-being and, in this case, their survival. Park regulations require that you stay at least 25 yards (23 m) away from all wildlife (including bison, elk and deer) and at least 100 yards (91 m) away from bears and wolves. Disregarding these regulations can result in fines, injury, and even death. The safety of these animals, as well as human safety, depends on everyone using good judgment and following these simple rules.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:23 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
News has been circulating on social media about people putting a bison calf in their car. The story is true, and its sad conclusion highlights the importance of keeping a safe distance from park wildlife. Here’s the full account:

Last week, visitors were cited for placing a newborn bison calf in their vehicle and transporting it to a park facility because of their misplaced concern for the animal's welfare. In terms of human safety, this was a dangerous activity because adult animals are very protective of their young and will act aggressively to defend them. In addition, interference by people can cause mothers to reject their offspring. In this case, park rangers tried repeatedly to reunite the newborn bison calf with the herd. These efforts failed. The bison calf was later euthanized because it was abandoned and causing a dangerous situation by continually approaching people and cars along the roadway.

In a recent viral video, a visitor approached within an arm's length of an adult bison in the Old Faithful area. Another video featured visitors posing for pictures with bison at extremely unsafe and illegal distances. Last year, five visitors were seriously injured when they approached bison too closely. Bison injure more visitors to Yellowstone than any other animal.

Approaching wild animals can drastically affect their well-being and, in this case, their survival. Park regulations require that you stay at least 25 yards (23 m) away from all wildlife (including bison, elk and deer) and at least 100 yards (91 m) away from bears and wolves. Disregarding these regulations can result in fines, injury, and even death. The safety of these animals, as well as human safety, depends on everyone using good judgment and following these simple rules.
Why didn't they allow someone to adopt it so that they could eventually slaughter it for the meat? This seems like such a waste.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:21 PM 05-16-2016
Some people don't understand that animals don't need us to rescue them. They did fine without us getting in the way, and will continue to if we leave them alone.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:24 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Some people don't understand that animals don't need us to rescue them. They did fine without us getting in the way, and will continue to if we leave them alone.
But

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:24 PM 05-16-2016
I refuse to say anything bad about tourists since the majority of my income comes from them. I will keep my mouth shut but the stories are great.
[Reply]
Otter 02:28 PM 05-16-2016
I ran across this story yesterday while eating lunch and swear the Christ the first thing that came across my mind was the Yellowstone Park stories you were telling me. And now this thread.

Custer State Park visitor hurt by buffalo

CUSTER STATE PARK – Custer State Park officials say a visitor was hospitalized Thursday after suffering injuries while getting too close to a buffalo.

Officials say the visitor was injured along Wildlife Loop Road and was flown to a Rapid City hospital.

Park Superintendent Matt Snyder says buffalo are wild animals, and visitors are urged to keep a safe distance.

Officials didn’t release the person’s name or the extent of the injuries. Park rangers are continuing to look into the incident.

Custer County South Dakota Emergency Management said on its
Facebook page: "DO NOT TRY TO PET THE BUFFALO! A 50 year old woman from Missouri did not heed the warning signs from a 5 year old bull buffalo today in Custer State Park and was gored. She was lifeflighted to Rapid City Regional hospital."
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:43 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
I ran across this story yesterday while eating lunch and swear the Christ the first thing that came across my mind was the Yellowstone Park stories you were telling me. And now this thread.

Custer State Park visitor hurt by buffalo

CUSTER STATE PARK – Custer State Park officials say a visitor was hospitalized Thursday after suffering injuries while getting too close to a buffalo.

Officials say the visitor was injured along Wildlife Loop Road and was flown to a Rapid City hospital.

Park Superintendent Matt Snyder says buffalo are wild animals, and visitors are urged to keep a safe distance.

Officials didn’t release the person’s name or the extent of the injuries. Park rangers are continuing to look into the incident.

Custer County South Dakota Emergency Management said on its
Facebook page: "DO NOT TRY TO PET THE BUFFALO! A 50 year old woman from Missouri did not heed the warning signs from a 5 year old bull buffalo today in Custer State Park and was gored. She was lifeflighted to Rapid City Regional hospital."
So we now know that the problem is Chinese and Missourians.
[Reply]
Otter 02:56 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
So we now know that the problem is Chinese and Missourians.
It is the the "show me state". I wonder what the Chinese's problem is?
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:36 PM 05-16-2016
"Show Me" sounds like it could be a Chinese word. Maybe that's its origin.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:12 AM 05-17-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
"Show Me" sounds like it could be a Chinese word. Maybe that's its origin.
That baby bison didn't realize it was actually headed for Bo Ling's Chop Suey Palace
[Reply]
kcchiefsus 08:06 AM 05-17-2016
They are a country that is still full of uncultured and uncouth people.
[Reply]
pr_capone 05-16-2016, 02:47 PM
This message has been deleted by pr_capone.
Eleazar 03:38 PM 05-16-2016
There's a video on YouTube of someone messing with a buffalo, and it ends with the dude being flipped up into a tree.
[Reply]
Bwana 04:18 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Cochise:
There's a video on YouTube of someone messing with a buffalo, and it ends with the dude being flipped up into a tree.
Yeah it's the last link in the OP. That looks like a big old boy and the bison tossed him like a twig.
[Reply]
Squalor2 08:02 PM 05-16-2016
Originally Posted by Cochise:

a bronco?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up