« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
RunKC 07:48 AM 01-04-2018
Here’s the best reason I can say I don’t look at reddit for this stuff...

When I started trying to research there 3 weeks ago, everyone said it was stupid to think XRP could get to $2 because of the market cap.

Welp..
[Reply]
RunKC 07:50 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Here are some of the best resources that I know of in a sea of resources:

Data Dash - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCa...YrkVXdxXb4cGXw
This is probably my favorite Crypto youtuber. This kid is very smart, committed to the ideals of Crypto, and a super geek about the technology.

Altcoin Buzz - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGy...QtXyUwvcy7Gmyg
This is probably my favorite place for news updates about the altcoins, and then examinations of interesting altcoins. It's a team of dudes who run this channel and they've always got new stuff going up. A great place for a crypto news fix.

Suppoman - https://www.youtube.com/user/Suppoman2011
This guy can be a tad obnoxious at times, but he's very smart in how he approaches the Cryptos. He's got a great track record for picks because his approach to fundamentals is solid. For a guy who just got started in May, he's amassed way more hits than misses, by a long shot.

I listen and read plenty in this space, but these three are my go-to resources when I'm in the car or doing dishes or something.
Sweet! Thanks sir I’ll be saving those to my favorites
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 08:06 AM 01-04-2018
Bitcoin: $14756
Ethereum: $1000

[Reply]
Lex Luthor 08:18 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Bitcoin: $14756
Ethereum: $1000
Ripple $3.17
[Reply]
RunKC 08:18 AM 01-04-2018
Tronix went from .12 to .26 since yesterday. My buddy is thrilled he got in on Monday
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 08:44 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Ripple $3.17
Sand at the Beach: $0.00
[Reply]
Shag 10:12 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Tronix went from .12 to .26 since yesterday. My buddy is thrilled he got in on Monday
Yeah, TRX has been really good this week. I got in at a good time, myself. I'm currently in TRX, XRP, VEN, and trying to get into XRB.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:34 AM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Sand at the Beach: $0.00
Ripple deniers completely confuse me. They are way too invested in emotion. Could It go bust some day? Any of these could go bust some day. But Ripple is practically the only cryptocurrency with a use case that is being adopted by financial institutions. Hating Ripple because of that is like hating the internet because you're anti-war and the military uses it.

People should embrace Ripple for being the cryptocurrency battering ram that it is. It will knock down The cryptocurrency doors and blaze a trail of legitimacy for the entire space. The only thing that Ripple has to do to succeed is be faster and cheaper than the Swift system.

I challenge anyone to read this article and tell me the answer to that question:

http://treasurytoday.com/2017/07/rip...evolution-ttpv
[Reply]
Taco John 11:14 AM 01-04-2018
Now ask yourself this:
If I'm Amazon, and I'm considering accepting crypto-currencies, what am I looking for?

1. Something that is cheap to transfer both domestically, and globally.

2. Something that has near real-time transfer times.

3. Something that can scale to millions of simultaneous transactions and still maintain speed.

Here's a graph that charts all three of these with the incumbents:

Don't take me wrong. I don't love Ripple. I'm completely unattached to any emotion about them. I'm just looking at the basic facts and asking myself which currencies make sense for what applications. For buying a home, I probably don't need a 3 second transfer time. I can probably be patient with an hour transfer time. But if I'm Amazon and I'm taking money for a trampoline that somebody bought on my website, I'm not going to want to wait an hour to validate that transfer. I'm going to look for the cheapest, most adopted coin for that, no?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:02 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Now ask yourself this:
If I'm Amazon, and I'm considering accepting crypto-currencies, what am I looking for?

1. Something that is cheap to transfer both domestically, and globally.

2. Something that has near real-time transfer times.

3. Something that can scale to millions of simultaneous transactions and still maintain speed.

Here's a graph that charts all three of these with the incumbents:

Don't take me wrong. I don't love Ripple. I'm completely unattached to any emotion about them. I'm just looking at the basic facts and asking myself which currencies make sense for what applications. For buying a home, I probably don't need a 3 second transfer time. I can probably be patient with an hour transfer time. But if I'm Amazon and I'm taking money for a trampoline that somebody bought on my website, I'm not going to want to wait an hour to validate that transfer. I'm going to look for the cheapest, most adopted coin for that, no?
Doesn't cost anything to accept bitcoin, but yes I see your point. I heard actually a couple of years ago Amazon accepted bitcoin for one day. I'm sure Amazon would love to accept bitcoin, but they are so heavily entrenched with law makers now that they decided it wasn't in their best interests. Whatever coin they do eventually accept will probably see a speculative boom in price once it announced or discovered by insiders.

Segwit wallets are already helping Bitcoin transaction fees. If you have a legacy wallet, that may be why your fees are so high. Also, use a wallet that allows you to customize your fee. You don't need to be sending bitcoin transactions at 999 sat/byte if you don't need them confirmed in minutes. I recently switched my more liquid bitcoin holdings to all Segwit wallets. Keep in mind though, Bitcoin is touted as being a very secure if stored correctly, RELATIVELY anonymous store of value. That is where it's value lies IMO. Without bitcoin, alot of these alt coins at exchanges would be screwed.

Electrum, Samurai, Green Wallet all have SegWit wallet options.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 03:12 PM 01-04-2018
can ripple do the more complex (smart) contracts like ETH can.....?
[Reply]
Taco John 04:24 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
can ripple do the more complex (smart) contracts like ETH can.....?
To my knowledge, Ripple has moved away from that concept believing it to be problematic on the whole. They had something called Codius which they started but later released into open source. Smart contracts are not a focus for the company at present.
[Reply]
Buck 04:35 PM 01-04-2018
How do I buy ripple? I have some ETH I can use to buy it if necessary. I don’t know what exchange to use.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 04:39 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Buck:
How do I buy ripple? I have some ETH I can use to buy it if necessary. I don’t know what exchange to use.
I like Poloniex.
[Reply]
Taco John 04:53 PM 01-04-2018
Originally Posted by Buck:
To my knowledge Binance is no longer accepting new registrations because of the stampede. Maybe try Poloniex? I can't recommend it because I've never used it.

Bithumb might be an idea, but I wouldn't buy it over there right now - they're listing it at $4.08, well above the rest of the market.
[Reply]
Page 77 of 261
« First < 27677374757677 7879808187127177 > Last »
Up