ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 791
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
RunKC 12:34 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What 1st round edge rushers do you like that should be available at 29?

I feel like there’s no way that’s BPA from what I’ve seen. I’m not a huge fan of Ferguson at all and he’s the only one that’s in that range.

I think we should add another interior pass rusher for that. Your edge rushers don’t have to be great if you have 2 guys like Jones.
I’m actually not opposed to an interior pass rusher either bc I do think Chris Jones will continue playing DE sometimes.

Dexter Lawrence, Jerry Tillery, Christian Wilkins, Brian Burns, Jaylon Ferguson, Jachai Polite
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://overthecap.com/projecting-20...ng-in-the-nfl/

So this says after rookies the Chiefs should have about 26 mil in cap space with about 55 in cash. What the hell does that mean?
It's actually $23M, I believe, because of PPE (there's a thread about it in the draft forum). And $15M of that will be taken up by Ford. So it's actually more like $8M.

From what I can tell "cash" is the number the team would have to spend to maintain their spending level. The Chiefs averaged 101% spending vs. the cap over the last 3 years. To match that level of spending this year, they'd have to spend $55M, which they clearly do not have.

This is why I've been saying I don't think they do much in free agency, especially if they tag, but don't trade, Ford.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:34 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Half the thread are posts griping about Ford/Houston’s durability and you want to acquire Shane Ray?

JFC.
Yeah. Because he's going to cost 15 million a year like those guys. :-) he's the exact kind of guy we should be taking fliers on. Cheap
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:36 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What 1st round edge rushers do you like that should be available at 29?

I feel like there’s no way that’s BPA from what I’ve seen. I’m not a huge fan of Ferguson at all and he’s the only one that’s in that range.

I think we should add another interior pass rusher for that. Your edge rushers don’t have to be great if you have 2 guys like Jones.
I think your take on Ferguson is going to end up like your take on Jones.

I think you're off. I think Ferguson is going to be a star.

But we'll see.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Yeah. Because he's going to cost 15 million a year like those guys. :-) he's the exact kind of guy we should be taking fliers on. Cheap

I'd totally take a flier on a guy like that. I just wouldn't pencil him into the lineup.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:39 PM 02-21-2019
https://overthecap.com/projecting-20...ng-in-the-nfl/

So this says after rookies the Chiefs should have about 26 mil in cap space with about 55 in cash. What the hell does that mean?
Also, if I'm reading it correctly, teams like the 49ers and Browns not only have cap space but have room to increase year-over-year spending, because they've been underspending in previous seasons.

On the other hand, it appears that the Panthers and Saints have gone all in and have outspent their cap so bad that they are now screwed. The Saints need to spend $61M to maintain their spending level and have $8M in cap space. :-)
[Reply]
Buckweath 12:39 PM 02-21-2019
This year is not the year to draft a passrusher in the 1st round. Maybe next year. I could see a DE or DT in the 2nd/3rd round for sure though.

This team already has a strong rotation on the Dline for next year and you need to figure out what you have in Speaks and Kpassagnon first.

The 1st round pick will be a CB or LB, I feel confident in saying that. It could only be a S if Veach doesn't sign a top FA safety, which would really surprise me.

This team really needs corners BTW. I'm high on Fuller and Ward could be good but I want him to be the #4 CB next year as he is still an unknown. It would be great if he wins a starting spot during training camp but you just cannot count on him outright starting in a year where you are going for the SB.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:39 PM 02-21-2019
4-3 DEs require contracts between $15-$19 million. You didn’t realize that? /s
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:40 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
This year is not the year to draft a passrusher in the 1st round. Maybe next year. I could see a DE or DT in the 2nd/3rd round for sure though.

This team already has a strong rotation on the Dline for next year.

The 1st round pick will be a CB or LB, I feel confident in saying that. It could only be a S if Veach doesn't sign a top FA safety, which would really surprise me.

This team really needs corners BTW. I'm high on Fuller and Ward could be good but I want him to be the #4 CB next year as he is still an unknown. It would be great if he wins a starting spot during training camp but you just cannot count on him outright starting in a year where you are going for the SB.
They need 2 corners just to field a team, forget about performance.
[Reply]
O.city 12:41 PM 02-21-2019

Based on conversations I've had, my understanding is #Chiefs aren't keeping both Dee Ford and Justin Houston. It'll be one or the other.

Additionally, Houston is not taking a restructure that doesn't include more guaranteed money.

There will not be a pay cut in KC.

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) February 21, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 12:41 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd totally take a flier on a guy like that. I just wouldn't pencil him into the lineup.
Agreed. That why I said I think we should also draft a guy high.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:43 PM 02-21-2019
Agreed. That why I said I think we should also draft a guy high.
JAYLON FERGUSON
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:43 PM 02-21-2019

Then bye Houston.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:44 PM 02-21-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
JAYLON FERGUSON
Is he one of the guys booted from the combine?
[Reply]
O.city 12:44 PM 02-21-2019
Yeah, as much as I enjoy Houston, it's probably time to let someone else give him the guaranteed money.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 791
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161561 > Last »
Up