ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 510 of 791
« First < 10410460500506507508509510 511512513514520560610 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
booger 08:24 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
However, Ragland IS super slow and you can't coach out slowness.
Yeah I think they have to put him outside and let him battle there. Hitchins and Wilson played all 3 spots in a similar scheme in Dallas. At least the basics of it Spags has more volume and pressures than Marineli. But those two both are versatile as is Nieman imo. Ragland can’t make that deep cover 2 drop down the middle of the field like Wagner and Kueckly.
[Reply]
booger 08:27 AM 03-14-2019
But adding a Jamie Collins, Eli Harold, or Brandon Copeland type is something that would make that Sam spot look more pass rush versatile
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 AM 03-14-2019
There's no way they're done yet, everyone needs to relax a bit.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:30 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
So is it Alvin Bailey or Allen Bailey?
It's actually Calvin

[Reply]
luv 08:32 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Now now. There are no stupid questions

But I’m not sure where you’re getting that info from? The free agency period started yesterday, officially. To my knowledge, the only trade deadline is in late Fall-ish.
https://operations.nfl.com/football-...ant-nfl-dates/
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:38 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@AdamSchefter: Former Jaguars’ WR Donte Moncrief reached agreement on a two-year deal with the Pittsburgh Steeelrs, per source.
Good. He's not even good enough to suck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
More UDRFA’s make it then 5-7 rd picks. Why not trade them for guys like Ragland and Erving?
And the Cowboys were in a unique situation last year in that they desperately needed OL depth, but virtually every time teams have a roster crunch at the end of camp and fear losing a guy like Ward outright, you can get that guy for a 6th rounder.

I'm not sure I'd go trading picks right now; most of the players available are guys who have a known ceiling and that's why they're being peddled. But I'd be really active in combing through rosters towards the end of camp and trying to find another Ward or Lucas.

It can make it more difficult to incorporate that guy and get immediate contributions, but we need a team ready to rock by December/January as much as we need one in September. If we can get some higher ceiling guys with the ability to learn on the fly and contribute late into the season/post-season, that's a really good use of those later round picks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:42 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
So the Chiefs need to look around for some DL help via trades for vets on other squads.

Flip a 5th and a 6th for a couple guys.

I wouldn't be upset at trading a 3rd for Pierre Paul.
Dude is owed $27 million over the next 2 years.

A 3rd is damn steep to bring in a 30 yr old pass-rusher with an AAV of $13.5 million. I'd give up a 5th or a 2020 4th at most.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Some of you guys have a weird obsession with trading picks.
After the 3rd round? Yeah, they don't amount to shit anyway so trade them for players.

You know, like Belicheck does? It's a market inefficiency that no one else seems to exploit.

The Eagles just sent a 6th for Desean Jackson. You think said 6th rounder will be more valuable than that?
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude is owed $27 million over the next 2 years.

A 3rd is damn steep to bring in a 30 yr old pass-rusher with an AAV of $13.5 million. I'd give up a 5th or a 2020 4th at most.
Yeah, a 3rd is probably pretty steep.

But 13.5 mil isn't really that expensive for a pass rusher if he doesnt' fall off a cliff.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:46 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
After the 3rd round? Yeah, they don't amount to shit anyway so trade them for players.

You know, like Belicheck does? It's a market inefficiency that no one else seems to exploit.

The Eagles just sent a 6th for Desean Jackson. You think said 6th rounder will be more valuable than that?
It depends...not hitting on young players is why this defense is shit though. They do have to be aware of what they're paying guys also just because they need some young cheap dudes.

Right now we may have to accept that our DE's aren't going to be great..however there is potential to have a fine back 7.
[Reply]
SupDock 08:47 AM 03-14-2019

The #Lions have signed unrestricted free agent DE Trey Flowers. pic.twitter.com/B1mQ6gxacz

— Detroit Lions (@Lions) March 14, 2019

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:48 AM 03-14-2019
He looks elated
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It depends...not hitting on young players is why this defense is shit though. They do have to be aware of what they're paying guys also just because they need some young cheap dudes.

Right now we may have to accept that our DE's aren't going to be great..however there is potential to have a fine back 7.
Yeah, they need to hit on some picks. They aren't going to find many guys in the 5th and 6th round.

Yeah yeah Tyreek was a 5th blah blah. So were 8 million other guys that suck ass.

Go find the next Kyle Van Noy for a 5th or Trent Brown.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:48 AM 03-14-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Now now. There are no stupid questions

But I’m not sure where you’re getting that info from? The free agency period started yesterday, officially. To my knowledge, the only trade deadline is in late Fall-ish.
In theory it's still happening but most of the big action has already taken place.
[Reply]
Page 510 of 791
« First < 10410460500506507508509510 511512513514520560610 > Last »
Up