ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 791
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127527 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:19 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It doesn't matter who needed who. This past season was the outlier in a career, both college and pro, filled with injuries. Ford is going to get mauled as a 4-3 DE and he's going to break down. Giving him a guaranteed salary of 15-17M is just recreating the Eric Berry scenario all over again. Hopefully they can trade him and its moot.
C’mon man. Like there is some huge difference between his old position and the new one. He’s a rush end 75% of the time regardless, and he will be left unblocked on a lot of run plays as the backside LEO.

Could he get hurt? Absolutely. But Houston is just as likely to miss games IMO. So with that reasoning, you may as well say they need to get rid of both.
[Reply]
O.city 01:20 PM 02-19-2019
Looks like we may as well come to terms with Ford being on the tag next year.

Trade that first for Ramsey, sign Earl Thomas and move on.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
C’mon man. Like there is some huge difference between his old position and the new one. He’s a rush end 75% of the time regardless, and he will be left unblocked on a lot of run plays as the backside LEO.

Could he get hurt? Absolutely. But Houston is just as likely to miss games IMO. So with that reasoning, you may as well say they need to get rid of both.
They do. In an ideal scenario, Berry and Houston would be cut and Ford would be tagged and traded. I wouldn't bring any of them back. Guys can't make a difference from the sideline.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:21 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Looks like we may as well come to terms with Ford being on the tag next year.

Trade that first for Ramsey, sign Earl Thomas and move on.
Damn that would be sick
[Reply]
O.city 01:22 PM 02-19-2019
They do. In an ideal scenario, Berry and Houston would be cut and Ford would be tagged and traded. I wouldn't bring any of them back. Guys can't make a difference from the sideline.
They think they're that close to the SB, they aren't likely moving on from all of them.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:23 PM 02-19-2019
I guess, but it is football after all. If you get rid of every player who might get hurt, especially good ones, you won’t have much of a team at all after awhile. The Berry situation is unique and I get moving on due to his healthy solely if that’s what they want to do.

To get rid of all three of those guys at once is a dangerous proposition to me. I think that would have a strongly negative effect on the locker room.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:24 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They think they're that close to the SB, they aren't likely moving on from all of them.
And we'll be having this conversation again next offseason, after watching Berry and Ford stand around most of the season. Can't wait!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:26 PM 02-19-2019
I guess, but it is football after all. If you get rid of every player who might get hurt, especially good ones, you won’t have much of a team at all after awhile. The Berry situation is unique and I get moving on due to his healthy solely if that’s what they want to do.

To get rid of all three of those guys at once is a dangerous proposition to me. I think that would have a strongly negative effect on the locker room.
It's not about who MIGHT get hurt. It's about guys who WILL get hurt.

Houston might get hurt. Ford, according to a couple of fantasy football sites that analyze and predict injuries is the 11th most likely player in the LEAGUE to miss at least 2 games next year. With Ford, he might NOT get hurt, not the other way around. Depending on someone like him, with his injury history, is just begging for something bad to happen. It's bad football policy, straight up. Him and Berry both need to be gone.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:26 PM 02-19-2019
And we'll be having this conversation again next offseason, after watching Berry and Ford stand around most of the season. Can't wait!
yep with the they're both day to day, they have been progressing very well he might actually try to walk on it
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:27 PM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
And the complete rebuild option would be to restructure Berry, cut Houston, let Ford walk...
It's honestly my preferred option. although I think you tag and trade Ford; probably get a #2. Would be a coup if you could swap for Collins and you'd save $. I doubt Giants would do that, but they do dumb shit sometimes, so who knows.

Trey Flowers has already played for Daly, his the ground running knowing the line scheme. Better all-around player. Younger, just 25. You could sign him for Houston's money.

You could sign Anthony Barr or KJ Wright to play SAM AND sign a FA safety; a 2nd tier guy ( I think Collins and Thomas are THE first tier guys).

then you draft a couple corners and a pass rusher in your first 3 picks and your defensive rebuild is complete.

But that's a lot of moving parts.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:34 PM 02-19-2019
Until Ford gets hurt again.
It depends on our investments.

Tanoh Kpassagnon
The entire 2018 draft
3 picks in the first 64

Gotta hit on these guys
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:35 PM 02-19-2019
I think getting rid of Ford, Houston, and Berry equals out to punting on any Super Bowl 54 aspirations. Could be wrong, but that’s what that would feel like to me. It just rocks the boat way too much for my liking with a team that was in the AFCCG just a month ago.

They already completely overhauled the defensive staff, and cutting those 3 loose then moves on from 2 of the 3 defensive players who actually played well in 2018, and a locker room favorite on top of it. It’d ruffle too many feathers IMO.

Keep one or two, and one of them will almost certainly be Ford.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:37 PM 02-19-2019
I think getting rid of Ford, Houston, and Berry equals out to punting on any Super Bowl 54 aspirations. Could be wrong, but that’s what that would feel like to me. It just rocks the boat way too much for my liking with a team that was in the AFCCG just a month ago.

They already completely overhauled the defensive staff, and cutting those 3 loose then moves on from 2 of the 3 defensive players who actually played well in 2018, and a locker room favorite on top of it. It’d ruffle too many feathers IMO.

Our defense was literally 'all time' 'statistically' bad - no room but to improve - the other components are 4/3 guys - Let's do this!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 02-19-2019

Considering we had all 3 of them and we didn't make the Super Bowl (arguably DIRECTLY because of Ford) how does keeping them not equal punting on Super Bowl 54 aspirations?
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 02-19-2019
It's football. Someone will get hurt. It's inevitable.

Sure, you'd like to lessen your chances on that, but with Fords ability to rush the passer and with how good our offense will be, that's pretty risky.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 791
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127527 > Last »
Up