ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 791
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257657 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:51 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by dj562006:
Sources are saying that Bell to KC is nearly a done deal. Will be announced sometime between the 11th-13th. Chris Jones was a major persuader in getting him to come to KC.
Show us where the sources touched you.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:52 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think Bell's running style would fit as well in our offense as it did Pittsburgh's but I think his pass catching would be better here.

There's just no way i'm paying him what he's gonna want or likely to get. He'll want what Gurley got. **** that noise.
I hate the money aspect, but I'll be damned if this offense wouldn't be way more deadly.

My thinking is Defensive Rebuild is going to take 2-3 years. Veach knows this, so they are thinking (If Bell comes here) the best way to hide a bad defense is with a ELITE RUNNING GAME.

Again, Bell would be PERFECT in Andy Rieds Scheme
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:52 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Except, that is not true at all.

His Freeze Routine would work AMAZING in our offense.
Pittsburgh's O-line the last few years has been much better at opening holes than KC's. Not to mention they get away with a ridiculous amount of holding, like we saw firsthand in the playoff game.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:52 AM 03-07-2019
Bell would be incredible in this offense. Stop trying to convince yourself of this just because you don't want the Chiefs to sign him.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:53 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Bell? What the hell do we a cap killing RB for? Veach and Reid have one job to do. Fix the ****ing defense, in particular, the joke of a run defense. The staff is a good start but Bell would be an act of stupidity. He doesn't play defense.
Red Dawg hates the idea so it looks like it is ****Official****

Chiefs are getting Bell.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:54 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Pittsburgh's O-line the last few years has been much better at opening holes than KC's. Not to mention they get away with a ridiculous amount of holding, like we saw firsthand in the playoff game.
Well, we've got the next phenom and current MVP at QB. Probably gives us some leeway with holding calls.
[Reply]
O.city 09:55 AM 03-07-2019
I hate the money aspect, but I'll be damned if this offense wouldn't be way more deadly.

My thinking is Defensive Rebuild is going to take 2-3 years. Veach knows this, so they are thinking (If Bell comes here) the best way to hide a bad defense is with a ELITE RUNNING GAME.

Again, Bell would be PERFECT in Andy Rieds Scheme
Thing with the pass catching though is, Damien Williams is already pretty similar. He's damn near just that good for a lot less money.

I don't think theres anyway it happens.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:55 AM 03-07-2019
So this idea crossed my mind, what if Bell signs here for a 1 year deal 8-11 Million.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:55 AM 03-07-2019
I don't think Bell's running style would fit as well in our offense as it did Pittsburgh's but I think his pass catching would be better here.

There's just no way i'm paying him what he's gonna want or likely to get. He'll want what Gurley got. **** that noise.
That's a fair assessment.

I'm just not paying any RB huge money, especially not in Reid's system, when Reid ALWAYS finds guys that produce.
[Reply]
Jerm 09:58 AM 03-07-2019
Thing with the pass catching though is, Damien Williams is already pretty similar. He's damn near just that good for a lot less money.

I don't think theres anyway it happens.
No just no...I'm not advocating for Bell but Williams isn't anywhere near him in any category, come on.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 03-07-2019
I would never pay a RB. Ever. They're just too easy to find, everywhere.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:58 AM 03-07-2019

Yeah, if money weren't an issue, it would be fine. I just don't think the net gain would make it worth it.

Imagine adding Bell, losing one or both of Houston and Ford, and adding no one of significance on defense. It could be the 2004 Chiefs all over again.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:59 AM 03-07-2019
So this idea crossed my mind, what if Bell signs here for a 1 year deal 8-11 Million.
:-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:00 AM 03-07-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:00 AM 03-07-2019
Not too keen on it either, but there is way more smoke around this than I expected there to be. Combined with the slot WR smoke and this defense is looking like it's not getting any immediate help outside of maybe Collins and some veteran contributors. Sure hope Veach isn't ****ing us with this strategy if this is what we're doing.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 791
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257657 > Last »
Up