ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 791
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:04 PM 03-05-2019
The more people talk numbers for Collins the less interested I am.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s not really worth discussing. We’re gonna break the bank for Landon Collins. It’s gonna happen.

Then we’ll draft pass rushers and corners in the draft.
I'd really like to see them aggressively pursue a trade for a CB, focus on safety, edge, and CB in the first 2 rounds.

I'd much rather have a Rapp or Adderley on a 4+1 rookie deal than Collins, but that's just me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:07 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
A safety that's mediocre in coverage on his best day and a liability most of the time just isn't too appealing, especially when offenses now more than ever look to exploit every weakness they possibly can. If they want to kick Berry to the curb, fine, but better not have both.
Except he wasn't mediocre in coverage on his best day. He was the 3rd best safety in the league according to both PFF and PFR in 2016. He was GREAT in coverage that one year.

Although, I do agree that the "norm" for him doesn't appear to be 2016.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:08 PM 03-05-2019
So it doesn't get lost on the last page.

Originally Posted by :
When he first entered the league in 2015, Collins was used as a true free safety and played deep down the field en route to an underwhelming overall grade of 49.2, which was the third-lowest grade among safeties that year. Then, in 2016, Collins was moved to strong safety and played much closer to the line of scrimmage and his grade sky-rocketed as he earned a spot on the PFF top 101 for two straight years. For such a turn to take place, it should be obvious that Collins is much better suited for playing as a box safety, and that’s the role he should play on his new team if he wants to reclaim his spot as one of the league’s best safeties.

To be fair, Collins did play 59.4% of his snaps from the box last season, which is the highest percentage in any of his four seasons so far. However, the Giants’ defense was in such disarray that it made it hard for anyone to be the best they could be, hence Collins’ lowest-graded season in three years. As a team, the Giants’ defense had a grade of 71.6 last season, ranking 26th in the NFL. For someone who has star potential like Collins, you can’t blame him for looking elsewhere this offseason, but teams need to understand that they can’t just plug him at deep safety and expect him to fly all over the field with range like Earl Thomas. If anything, he’s more of a Kam Chancellor.

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:09 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What the hell has Spags ever done to earn "Extreme" confidence?
When working in a stable and solid environment, his results have been VERY worthy of confidence. Also, those two rings on his fingers don't hurt a fucking thing either.

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This.

Until they move on from Eric Berry, signing a guy like Collins is not only expensive but redundantly expensive.
Not really. One will be on the field playing to his full potential, and the other will be "day to day".
[Reply]
old_geezer 02:13 PM 03-05-2019
I don't know. Berry got flat out abused by Gronk in the AFCCG. He looked slow and weak.

And while you can say he was injured, so was Gronk. Berry looked terrible. I'm not comfortable with him being a day 1 starter at all.
This is what I saw also. Berry, even if healthy, is nothing more than an average Safety at this point; definitely not worth the $12 million or whatever he'd make next year. I'd rather just move on and cut our losses.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:13 PM 03-05-2019
Chiefs all in on Collins

There will be a strong market for Landon Collins, now that #Giants opt not to tag or sign him to a new deal. My sense from talking with league sources last week is #Chiefs will make him a priority. Here are some potential landing spots: https://t.co/q2qwd8p8uw

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) March 5, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 03-05-2019
The colts and jets have 100 million in cap space. Per team.

damn.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The colts and jets have 100 million in cap space. Per team.

damn.
They also need to sign like 25 players each just to reach the roster minimums. It's going to dry up pretty fast.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:19 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
This is what I saw also. Berry, even if healthy, is nothing more than an average Safety at this point; definitely not worth the $12 million or whatever he'd make next year. I'd rather just move on and cut our losses.
Correct.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:21 PM 03-05-2019
How much should we sign Collins for?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
How much should we sign Collins for?
Use the money they get for cutting Berry. If they keep Berry, I can't see the value in signing Collins.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:23 PM 03-05-2019
Use the money they get for cutting Berry. If they keep Berry, I can't see the value in signing Collins.
Chiefs must have something up there sleeve since it’s being reported we are all in for Collins
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 03-05-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Chiefs must have something up there sleeve since it’s being reported we are all in for Collins
They'll cut Berry if they sign Collins. Maybe they won't, but it seem like something they'd do.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:32 PM 03-05-2019
Chiefs Sign Collins - maybe
[Reply]
Page 117 of 791
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217617 > Last »
Up