ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 257 of 319
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:30 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’d be good with that I think

Cosmi seems like a nice talent. I’m not a fan of sitting him if you trade up for him but it is whatever
I edited that to change it to “take a LT somewhere in the first 2 rounds”.

If they get a guy like Okung, I don’t think it has to be in round 1. I could see them trying to get value with a guy like Little.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:30 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs were interested in Nick Vigil last year. Wonder if they’ll give him a call
He's signing with the Vikings.
[Reply]
O.city 07:30 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm not suggesting they patch it up. There's a couple of guys available right now that are about the same as Fisher but they're trying to upgrade, which is why they haven't signed anyone yet.

They're going to address it. What exactly have these guys done to earn this amount of doubt other than win our first Super Bowl in 50 years and then make it back the very next year?
The problem is you can only do what’s available to do. They’re probably gonna have to overpay quite a bit but for a LT of he’s really good, it won’t matter.

I can’t speak for anyone else but myself, I’d imagine they make a big move for someone be it a bet or a big trade up.

I don’t think they cut Fisher to go lateral
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:31 PM 03-18-2021
another thing we could do rather than just bitch and assume Veach suddenly became Carl Peterson would be to look at LT's currently under contract that might be trade targets.

I would expect teams drafting fairly early that have a LT that is either expensive or about to be might well trade the bird in hand for one in the bush. Especially if it's a new front office.
[Reply]
O.city 07:32 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
another thing we could do rather than just bitch and assume Veach suddenly became Carl Peterson would be to look at LT's currently under contract that might be trade targets.

I would expect teams drafting fairly early that have a LT that is either expensive or about to be might well trade the bird in hand for one in the bush. Especially if it's a new front office.
I thought about the falcons maybe or the Texans.

Armstead maybe from New Orleans
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:32 PM 03-18-2021
The problem is you can only do what’s available to do. They’re probably gonna have to overpay quite a bit but for a LT of he’s really good, it won’t matter.

I can’t speak for anyone else but myself, I’d imagine they make a big move for someone be it a bet or a big trade up.

I don’t think they cut Fisher to go lateral
They cut Fisher because he was hurt and they needed the cap space.

A stop gap guy of similar talent plus a high upside draft pick is an upgrade long-term.

And again, we don't know what is available. We're not NFL insiders so we simply don't know who is and isn't available.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 07:34 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs were interested in Nick Vigil last year. Wonder if they’ll give him a call
Not to worry.... Niemann is on it!
[Reply]
O.city 07:36 PM 03-18-2021
They cut Fisher because he was hurt and they needed the cap space.

A stop gap guy of similar talent plus a high upside draft pick is an upgrade long-term.

And again, we don't know what is available. We're not NFL insiders so we simply don't know who is and isn't available.
We’re just here on a message board talking about options. Why does that seem to be a problem?

Veach doesn’t seem like a stop gap at LT. They cleared money to go after Williams so they obviously want something more than adequate therr
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:38 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Constantly having to trade high draft picks to fill big holes while also having to hand out large contracts on a team that will likely be up against the cap most years probably isn’t ideal. It’s probably also a sign you’re not doing a good enough job in the draft. Sometimes you can’t help it if you have to fill a need, but if that’s the plan just a couple of years after trading a 1st and 2nd for a DE that will likely need to be released after this year due to cap constraints I’m not so sure that’s a good trend.
[Reply]
Wilson8 07:39 PM 03-18-2021
Not real big news but the Chiefs also re-signed RB Elijah McGuire.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...sactions-31821
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:39 PM 03-18-2021
We’re just here on a message board talking about options. Why does that seem to be a problem?

Veach doesn’t seem like a stop gap at LT. They cleared money to go after Williams so they obviously want something more than adequate therr
Because it's not really talking.

It's straight up worrying in some cases and a whole lot of complaining for others.

The constant negativity gets tiresome. It was much easier to understand when the team was 2-14 and guys were offing themselves in the parking lot.

It's really, really hard to understand it happening at this point in our fandom, when things are better than they've possibly every been, including the great teams of the late 60's.
[Reply]
O.city 07:40 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Constantly having to trade high draft picks to fill big holes while also having to hand out large contracts on a team that will likely be up against the cap most years probably isn’t ideal. It’s probably also a sign you’re not doing a good enough job in the draft. Sometimes you can’t help it if you have to fill a need, but if that’s the plan just a couple of years after trading a 1st and 2nd for a DE that will likely need to be released after this year due to cap constraints I’m not so sure that’s a good trend.
When you’re constantly drafting at the end of every round like the chiefs will be, it’s really hard to get blue chip talents at high profile positions.

Use those picks to get guys from elsewhere is just another way to acquire them
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:42 PM 03-18-2021
Chiefs from 1970 to 2017 (47 years):

17 playoff appearances, 1 AFCCG appearance, zero Super Bowls.

Chiefs under Veach:

3 AFCCG appearances, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Lombardi

I'd say the trend is just fucking fine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:42 PM 03-18-2021
when you're picking #31 or #32, you do what you have to do to stay on top for as long as you can.

and if we move on from Clark it's due to him not performing up to the contract, not because we can't afford him. We're in fine cap shape.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 07:45 PM 03-18-2021
Chiefs from 1970 to 2017 (47 years):

17 playoff appearances, 1 AFCCG appearance, zero Super Bowls.

Chiefs under Veach:

3 AFCCG appearances, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Lombardi

I'd say the trend is just ****ing fine.
What does that have to do with anything I said? I referenced the trend of trading high picks for expensive veterans and losing the opportunity cost of a rookie on a 5-year contract.

Are you on your period or something?
[Reply]
Page 257 of 319
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Up