ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 319
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:46 PM 03-06-2021
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Niang win the starting LT job while Fisher is out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:12 PM 03-06-2021
While I agree with Dane’s points, I think the SB did something to motivate Veach that he is now willing to spend high draft picks on fatties.

It could all happen. We spend high draft picks on fatties, pick up offensive weapons and pick up OL depth right before training camp.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:20 PM 03-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Schwartz wasn't available for either the Bucs game or the Denver game.

If the line was "ass", the Chiefs wouldn't have won 14 regular season games and made it to the Super Bowl.

When the Chiefs need a starting Left Tackle, I fully expect them to do whatever's necessary to procure one, whether it's trading up in the draft or signing a guy in free agency.

Starting Caliber Left Tackles don't sit on the bench for 2 or 3 years. They're generally drafted in the Top Half of the 1st round or signed in Free Agency.

I think the decision will to sign or draft a guy will be determined by whether or not the Chiefs are in a Championship Window at the time of need.
I was saying overall the line especially Schwartz and the interior underperformed most of the year IMO.

As far as your comment regarding not sitting a guy for a year we essentially did that with Fisher yes I know he played RT which IMO is a mistake. I think the Chiefs title window expands more than just this year which while I wouldnt agree with the decision to take a LT 1.31 I would understand the reasoning.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:08 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
People on Chiefsplanet used to say "Wow, wouldn't it be great to have a QB like Tom Brady so that the team wouldn't have to continually spend high draft picks on Offensive Lineman?".

And now that the Chiefs have an MVP, Super Bowl QB it's "Oh!!! FATTIES! Gotta protect the MVP!!!!@!@@@(@@()@(&)@".

It. Never. ****ing. Ends.
I never said that.

I just want good football players, as many of them as possible.

Now, when your QB scrambles for 500 fucking yards in a SB and can't get the ball to any of his weapons, maybe you might want to think about the fact that both tackles that were out are north of 30, with back problems, and an achilles. That your center sucks balls and your RG is also lousy.

Now, you've got a draftee coming in; and you get LDT back, and that's cool. and if Fisher and Schwartz are really ready to go that's great. But I don't think it's a bad idea to move up the offensive line from afterthought to medium priority.

we're all so worried about replacing Sammy fucking Watkins and his 37 fucking receptions. (421 yards).

Do you realize that Drob had more catches for more yards? (45 receptions, 466 yards)And Mecole Hardman had more than that even.(41 receptions, 560 yards.)

We don't have a weapons problem.

We have a line that can't run block well. Once Osemele went out, our running yardage dropped. It shot up in the first Bills game because we committed to the run with Kilgore and Alegretti. We could run center-left all day, and we did. Kilgore can't pass block, so back comes Reiter and we can't run the ball again.

We're the fucking best team in football, with the best QB in football, and we've got bullshit in front of him.

For two years I kept hearing about how we needed a better RB. So we take one #31-and yeah, we still can't run the ball effectively.

We haven't run the ball well since Morse got injured, really. Not consistently.

Reiter sucks. Wylie sucks. These are not guys that should be starting on a Super Bowl quality team.

By all means, we should draft an 'X' receiver. We should draft a DE, and we should do so high. Maybe take another of each as developmental players later.

But it's time to devote some legitimate draft capital to the offensive line.

I have no doubt at all that Veach will do so.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:13 AM 03-07-2021
What I don't get is-

Dane- if we were 14-1 with this line, so we don't have a problem-

Well, we were 14-1 with Drob and Hardman outperforming Watkins.

So what's the problem? Why is it so desperate that we find MOAR WEAPONS?

Whoever is still going to be option #3. Maybe #4 after Clyde has an actual offseason to be integrated.

I really don't understand why anyone would willingly go into another season content with Reiter and Wylie as your starters and think that's acceptable.

Fuck that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:17 AM 03-07-2021
I guess what really frustrates me is this idea that-

We can't improve the line and add a weapon. And really, there's only room for maybe one more day one weapon. I mean legitimately, that's what we're talking about. There's really only room for a legit #2, and the rest of the skill position set is stacked. (yes I know Drob is a FA, and Pringle a FA, these are pieces you can afford if you want to.)

And somehow, if you want to improve the line, you're some neanderthal Martyball hold-over that's pining for the days of Okoye and three yards and a cloud of dust.

I'm pretty sure Veach, Reid, and Spags and walk and chew gum.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:21 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Niang win the starting LT job while Fisher is out.
I wouldn't either, and I would be thrilled with that development.

I also don't think we should stand pat and expect that result.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:28 AM 03-07-2021
whatever. I spent the day tearing out and rebuilding my master bathroom with a box of wine.

I'm half in my cups.

It's pretty cool to have the best QB in football and argue about whether he needs more weapons or more blocking.

It's all good.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:51 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Not at all.

Some people act like it's either or.

And some people want to roll with Reiter and Wylie and act like we can't do better.

I say bullshit.

Veach remade a defense in one offseason.

I don't for a second think he can't get an offensive weapon and restock an offensive line.
Nobody WANTS to roll with Reiter and Wylie. But what are you going to do if they do?

I for one am not looking forward to BitchPlanet again. We won a fucking Super Bowl and the honeymoon lasted a handful of months. Miserable motherfuckers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 AM 03-07-2021
We don't have a weapons problem.
The hell we don't.

There were plenty of plays where the line held off pressure and Patrick had nowhere to go with the ball.

Reek and Kelce were blanketed and the other shitstains couldn't get open.

You saying we don't have a weapons problem is like me saying the offensive line is fine.

Neither is true.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 AM 03-07-2021
What I don't get is-

Dane- if we were 14-1 with this line, so we don't have a problem-

Well, we were 14-1 with Drob and Hardman outperforming Watkins.

So what's the problem? Why is it so desperate that we find MOAR WEAPONS?

Whoever is still going to be option #3. Maybe #4 after Clyde has an actual offseason to be integrated.

I really don't understand why anyone would willingly go into another season content with Reiter and Wylie as your starters and think that's acceptable.

Fuck that.
You're going to have to give up the Reiter thing. He's not that bad. According to NGS and PFF, he was one of the best centers in football.

He's about to get paid by somebody.

And as for "willingly" going into next season and thinking that's "acceptable", once again, you're conflating what I WANT with what I think will happen.

I don't think they're going to do nearly enough to placate the people here.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:04 AM 03-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nobody WANTS to roll with Reiter and Wylie. But what are you going to do if they do?

I for one am not looking forward to BitchPlanet again. We won a ****ing Super Bowl and the honeymoon lasted a handful of months. Miserable mother****ers.
:-)

It's actually been great fun away from this board.

Here's the thing-I'm a college drop-out flunkie guitar player. (I've acquired other skillsets too, but that's what I identify as, in a tongue in cheek way) I was a mediocre high school TE/DE. (too skinny, not fast enough).

I know a little about football. I also know enough to know that I don't know nearly as much as Bret Veach and Andy Reid.

So if I see something, I know they saw it too and know better than I do what to do about it. Sometimes with guys like Carl Peterson, I think egos got in the way to where they refused to see what was plain.

I trust Veach and Reid. I know Andy's got to be pissed that all of his glorious plays he spends so much time drawing up get thrashed in a second and a half because his line sucks. Yeah, Mahomes bails it out a lot, but I mean...that ain't the way the offense is designed. It's a nice thing to go to in a pinch when you have to, but it's been a problem for a while now, it just got amplified in the Super Bowl.

It's all going to be okay, and as long as number 15 is standing, we'll be in the hunt.

And I expect whatever problems the team has in 2021, they won't be the same ones we had in 2020. I just think Veach and Reid are too smart for that.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:14 AM 03-07-2021
The hell we don't.

There were plenty of plays where the line held off pressure and Patrick had nowhere to go with the ball.

Reek and Kelce were blanketed and the other shitstains couldn't get open.

You saying we don't have a weapons problem is like me saying the offensive line is fine.

Neither is true.
well, you know, the other guys get paid too.

I mean sometimes that's the way it goes. The best offenses in football history have punted on occasion.

We legitimately have room for ONE offensive weapon to be added that would be of any real impact, to be a healthy Sammy Watkins role in this offense. I mean there's only one football. That's really it. ONE.

We have two of the most potent weapons in the league. We have another so far underutilized weapon in CEH. I think a regular offseason makes a difference there. (oh, and maybe some better blocking.)

Yeah, I mean, we could use a legit #2 that could actually play every week. But it's not like we're hurting for weapons.

We're literally trotting out trash at 40% of our offensive line to START WITH. Before injuries.

and yeah, Reiter SUCKS. I don't care what PFF says. Wylie BLOWS. They're bad. They're back-up level guys and shouldn't be starting on a Super Bowl caliber team.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:16 AM 03-07-2021
You're going to have to give up the Reiter thing. He's not that bad. According to NGS and PFF, he was one of the best centers in football.

He's about to get paid by somebody.

And as for "willingly" going into next season and thinking that's "acceptable", once again, you're conflating what I WANT with what I think will happen.

I don't think they're going to do nearly enough to placate the people here.
and I won't give up on the Reiter thing. I think he's shite, and someone's going to overpay him, and they're going to be really bummed out.

Because he's shite.

:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:18 AM 03-07-2021
and again, I'm half crocked, but my master bathroom shower was leaking into my kitchen, and I had to demo the walls around it because the drywall was ruined, and I'm re-tiling the whole thing and while it's going to look really great when I'm done...

yeah, I'm a box of wine down, 'cuz I'm classy. :-)
[Reply]
Page 160 of 319
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up