ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:08 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Reminds me of this one

DAAAAAAAMN! That was next level shade...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:08 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
And if the flag had been thrown? Good luck with the 2 point conversion. I don’t see anything wrong with the question at all.
You shouldn’t get a flag for taking your helmet off after it’s been knocked loose.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:09 PM 09-21-2020
You could see in Andy's eyes that he was trying to enact spontaneous combustion on the reporter.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 PM 09-21-2020
And if the flag had been thrown? Good luck with the 2 point conversion. I don’t see anything wrong with the question at all.
He didn't remove his helmet. Momentum removed his helmet. There was no way they were going to flag that.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:11 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He didn't remove his helmet. Momentum removed his helmet. There was no way they were going to flag that.
The helmet rule is still fucking stupid, it's legit the league not wanting players to draw attention to what they look like. Yea god forbid a dude get himself over with fans cause they can recognize him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:12 PM 09-21-2020
It's not indicative of any sort of team-wide lack of focus, as Petro had suggested.

Ask Reid if he saw it or will make it a point of emphasis in in a meeting/practice going forward. But to ask if it shows that his team didn't come ready to play when it immediately followed one of the better deep strikes you're likely to see all season....well like I said, it's bush league.

Hill damn sure demonstrated plenty of focus on that play and then literally got his elbows knocked over his asshole trying to get into the end zone. We're gonna try to equate taking a helmet off there with being unprepared?

C'mon -that's grade A shit disturbing and Reid is fine for calling it as such.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:14 PM 09-21-2020
This is football. No serious journalism going on here. In general, asking about a player who made or possibly made a boneheaded play is not so out of bounds. I think asking the same question a few hours later was what triggered Andy.

Background between the team and or coach will play into how the questioned is asked and answered. That’s a given.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:16 PM 09-21-2020
I'm still awaiting an answer as to why it's allowable for the Chargers to headhunt and go helmet to helmet on the side of Sammy Watkin's head to knock him out and what is going to be done about that. I could give less than a fuck about Tyreek taking his helmet off after one of the greatest throws and catches you'll see this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:17 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'm still awaiting an answer as to why it's allowable for the Chargers to headhunt and go helmet to helmet on the side of Sammy Watkin's head to knock him out and what is going to be done about that. I could give less than a fuck about Tyreek taking his helmet off after one of the greatest throws and catches you'll see this year.
Cause bro refball, the Chargers were playing with a different set of rules yesterday.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the NFL levy a fine.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:19 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You shouldn’t get a flag for taking your helmet off after it’s been knocked loose.
You shouldn’t, that is correct. It doesn’t mean that it won’t happen. Sammy shouldn’t get his skull caved in without a penalty and we saw how that happened. Ultimately, and I believe Reek when he says it was jarred loose, all he had to do was put it back on and jog off the field to remove any possibility of some ref affecting the game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is football. No serious journalism going on here. In general, asking about a player who made or possibly made a boneheaded play is not so out of bounds. I think asking the same question a few hours later was what triggered Andy.

Background between the team and or coach will play into how the questioned is asked and answered. That’s a given.
I think we also tend to forget just how insular that environment is.

I mean there are like 8 local media guys that have direct access to Andy and he knows them/their families by name. And there are maybe 10 dudes that make 810 and 610 function.

When 810 fucks up, it's not some faceless corporate monolith that eats shit for it, it's a small enough organization that they ALL do. And when Soren sees Andy a few times/week, if he says something that doesn't sit right, Reid's gonna let him know it.

It's a tiny little cabal and we oftentimes lose sight of that fact, IMO. That's why there are fewer 'bomb thrower' types out there.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:20 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe I saw it differently but it looked like Tyreek’s helmet was knocked loose during the play and he removed it accordingly.
He did a somersault into the endzone and a backward somersault as the defender nudged him i think the helmet came lose idk but doesn't matter what a hell of a play. Elite as there is.
[Reply]
Third Eye 12:21 PM 09-21-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Considering the officiating we see on a week in/week out basis, I’m extremely skeptical that there is “no way they were going to flag that”.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:22 PM 09-21-2020
Even if it had been flagged we could have scored the two point conversion from the penalty spot because we are good and Patrick Fucking Mahomes II
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up