ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Reid's Press Conference - Calls out Soren Petro
Dante84 11:12 AM 09-21-2020
Never heard Andy drop the hammer on someone during a Press Conference like this. It wasn't over the top, but it was a zinger.

Soren asked a long two part question, the first part was asking about if we were over-confident/cocky and figured we had enough time to catch up at the end.

Andy chuckled and rolled his eyes a bit, and when Petro finished his long ass questions, Andy responded with something like:

"I'm still irritated about your question about Tyreek taking his helmet off yesterday, and expect more professional questions. As for your first question, again I expect you to ask better, more professional questions.

:-)

It's at the 4:30 mark, and enjoy the death glare when Reid finishes answering

[Reply]
MightyMouse 11:54 AM 09-22-2020
I generally like the program. Curtis is great. Sometimes you just have to turn the station when Soren gets like this. He has been all over Reid for months now. He constantly goes after him because he doesn’t like his presser answers. Soren thinks they should have to give the media detailed response. Andy is future HOF. Guy knows what he is doing. He is gonna let the media take something and spin it. 810 does this all the time. They spend 15 minutes breaking down every sentence in a interview and Soren makes jokes about the person and like to say they are missing the mark or just flat out wrong. I had to break a break after he went after Whitt Merrifield for comments about racial injustice. It was ridiculous the way he was spinning stuff.

Andy is gonna back his players. Good coaches do that. Soren at least 3 times in the past 2 weeks has praised Bill O’Brien in press conference and wants Andy to be more like him. I guess he isn’t smart enough to realize the difference in quality coaches and that extends to pressers.

Soren doesn’t just bring things up once. He obsessively brings up things like this over days. He had Nate on a couple weeks ago and spend the first 15 minutes trying to get Nate to agree with his take on Andy’s answers. Nate wasn’t biting and at the end Soren just says that Nate has to answer like that because he doesn’t want to get on the chiefs bad side.

That leads to the absolute worst trait that drives me insane. Soren always ask these long winded question that he incorporates his thoughts on the answers and then ends with something like “don’t you agree?” He can’t stand anyone to disagree. Everyone question he does it in a way that he is trying to lead them to have to answer it a certain way.

He spend all of June bashing the NFL, saying they are lazy and not taking COVID seriously. He was saying they were just sitting on their hands and waiting to last minute. The NFL has been incredible so far at handling the situation and he never brings up how wrong he was.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:58 AM 09-22-2020
Petro is worthless to begin with. Never understood why people like him.
[Reply]
sedated 12:12 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
That leads to the absolute worst trait that drives me insane. Soren always ask these long winded question that he incorporates his thoughts on the answers and then ends with something like “don’t you agree?” He can’t stand anyone to disagree. Everyone question he does it in a way that he is trying to lead them to have to answer it a certain way.
A lot of people at 810 do that, and its always bugged me too. KK was the worst, all his questions were phrased that way.
[Reply]
sedated 12:14 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Petro is head and shoulders above everyone else in KC, and one of the best in the country.

IMHO.

I'll also say that he has seemed pretty cranky recently. Maybe broadcasting from his house is getting to him.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:19 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
A lot of people at 810 do that, and its always bugged me too. KK was the worst, all his questions were phrased that way.
Thats because when you get hired at 810 you are hired for life unless you do something insanely stupid.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:26 PM 09-22-2020
Petro is head and shoulders above everyone else in KC, and one of the best in the country.

IMHO.

I'll also say that he has seemed pretty cranky recently. Maybe broadcasting from his house is getting to him.
Maybe as far as historical stats knowledge. As far as being entertaining he is on par with moldy bread.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 12:50 PM 09-22-2020
You are right. I can’t listen much earlier in the day but I’ve noticed that too. Someone there, probably Soren, has taught everyone to ask questions that start with some sort of history to them before they actually get the question. It’s like when you read a article, somewhere in the early part you will get a paragraph that reminds people what prompted the story. It’s like reading a 9/11 article a decade later and they spend time to remind us what happened. We F’n know.

His lead in with Reid he brought up starting slow since the playoffs, they came back won by 20 digits, this time they didn’t win by double digits. Hey Soren, I’m pretty sure Andy doesn’t need a history lesson on his football team. He could have just said, it seems this team has gotten off to slow starts, are you worried at all their heads just aren’t in it come off the super bowl?

It was a crappy question as well. These dudes already bust their ass almost year around, they go out there and risk concussions, torn acl’s, etc. no one is out there in cruise control. Mistakes happen, gotta limit them and move on but I’d be pissed if some guy with mic wants to act like they don’t care when out there putting there bodies on the line for our enjoyment, just because they only won by a game by 3 with some mistakes on the field.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 12:58 PM 09-22-2020

IMHO.

There isn’t much locally. I like SSJ. Don’t care for much on 610. But nationally is is just not true. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:09 PM 09-22-2020
There isn’t much locally. I like SSJ. Don’t care for much on 610. But nationally is is just not true. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Not when it is an ignorant one such as thinking petro is one of the best in the nation.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:14 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
5:00 mark.....WTF is "door stomped"?
A network-approved way to say curb-stomped.
[Reply]
poolboy 01:33 PM 09-22-2020
thats called the LeSean McCoy face
[Reply]
sedated 01:34 PM 09-22-2020
Carrington on 610 is entertaining IMHO. Rumors are that he's due up for a bigger market, maybe nationally, and already does weekend stuff on CBS radio.

610 has had some good ones but can't keep them around.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:37 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How terrifying would it be to have this man mad at you?
Thank you for the new avatar lol...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:46 PM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Petro used to me very good at analyzing and not being overtly sensational.

He's gone way downhill after the whole Keitzman thing because he's basically carrying the station now and they need to draw listeners.

I found the old Petro of 10 years ago to be great. But it was boring radio.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 01:47 PM 09-22-2020
The guest have to turn into yes men. Which devalues them as guest. I can understand brand building, if it just started a few weeks ago. This is decades now.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up