ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 173
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
Sassy Squatch 11:52 PM 04-25-2019
Why is the guy who runs around constantly screaming different variations of "FUCK" and "SHIT" and the occasional "yip" all of a sudden Dr Phil lite? It's fucking bizzare.
ROYC75 11:53 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
My dad used masturbate into a sock and make me wear it over my head around the house for an entire day. And I turned out fine!
:-)

That was a 5 star clap for you!
FAX 11:53 PM 04-25-2019
I think we need a chart to properly analyze that.

FAX
ROYC75 11:54 PM 04-25-2019
My dad used masturbate into a sock and make me wear it over my head around the house for an entire day. And I turned out fine!
I had to clean my screen off damn it!!!

CrazyPhuD 11:54 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Charts. Now we have charts.

FAX
We just need stick figure animation of the incident now.
BlackOp 11:55 PM 04-25-2019
Make no mistake..Hill is a bonafide superstar who was about to be the highest paid WR in the world.

Chiefs are going to handle this differently than Hunt....generational talent buys you that. It will show you exactly where the line of faux morality ends and true talent begins.

You dont just haphazardly kick Hill to curb..
TribalElder 11:56 PM 04-25-2019
If it was recorded in Dubai it might be considered illegal recording

Either way though if he would have lived in Missouri instead of OP Kansas this likely never sees the light of day.

Best bet would have been to ditch that girl and not hurt the child
mr. tegu 11:57 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
No, but it was clearly fucked up for her to do that to you.

Rationalize it however you want, but there's absolutely no way that experience had a positive effect on you.

It sucks how this society teaches us that we deserve to be treated like shit from such an early age.

If someone believes certain events had positive effects on them, denying them those beliefs because they don’t fit your view of how they should feel is not really how it works. Now if you observe them beating kids or others excessively and they express rage unhealthily that’s different but without that you really can’t say it had no positive effects.
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:58 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Violent crime would be 18 year olds and over right? (Don’t know really). If so that graph doesn’t say much as the decline is mid 90s and sort of levels off in early 2000s so you are looking at kids born late 70s and early 80s as the youngest options with most born earlier. Just based on my perception the less frequency of physical discipline is actually more of a last 20-25 years thing and this graph doesn’t really point to a noticeable decline in the last 15-20 years but is good to see continual steady improvement.
Again, if we accept that the kids in the past were paddled more often, why are the rates of criminal behavior so high, and why did they drop off if the null hypothesis is that parents have become more lax over time?

Violent crime rates began dropping shortly after 1990. That's 29 years ago. Corporal punishment was unheard of in my elementary and secondary experience which started in '88 and ran through 2000, and while the rates of people who agree that spanking is acceptable has declined, it's a very gradual decline over the last 25 years. Rates of corporal punishment have also declined over the last generation, and the practice is largely unheard of now outside of the South.

As a parent that has used spanking as a redirect, I'm not against it, but there is no compelling evidence that things like paddling or using a belt lead to better outcomes. If there were, one would expect a relative change in the rate of various offenses, but the data is not there.

Every older generation thinks younger generations are soft pussies, and every older generation overrates their toughess. I'm old enough to remember when the 50-somethings on this board were all labeled as morose, navel-gazing slackers by their parents. It was a bullshit characterization, too.

Part of a parent's job is to discipline their child and instill a set of morals and values in them, but I don't think the child should never fear the parent.
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:59 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
If it was recorded in Dubai it might be considered illegal recording

Either way though if he would have lived in Missouri instead of OP Kansas this likely never sees the light of day.

Best bet would have been to ditch that girl and not hurt the child
Both KS and MO are one-party consent states.
007 12:01 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Why is the guy who runs around constantly screaming different variations of "FUCK" and "SHIT" and the occasional "yip" all of a sudden Dr Phil lite? It's fucking bizzare.
Absolutely correct
mr. tegu 12:03 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Again, if we accept that the kids in the past were paddled more often, why are the rates of criminal behavior so high, and why did they drop off if the null hypothesis is that parents have become more lax over time?

Violent crime rates began dropping shortly after 1990. That's 29 years ago. Corporal punishment was unheard of in my elementary and secondary experience which started in '88 and ran through 2000, and while the rates of people who agree that spanking is acceptable has declined, it's a very gradual decline over the last 25 years. Rates of corporal punishment have also declined over the last generation, and the practice is largely unheard of now outside of the South.

As a parent that has used spanking as a redirect, I'm not against it, but there is no compelling evidence that things like paddling or using a belt lead to better outcomes. If there were, one would expect a relative change in the rate of various offenses, but the data is not there.

Every older generation thinks younger generations are soft pussies, and every older generation overrates their toughess. I'm old enough to remember when the 50-somethings on this board were all labeled as morose, navel-gazing slackers by their parents. It was a bullshit characterization, too.

Part of a parent's job is to discipline their child and instill a set of morals and values in them, but I don't think the child should never fear the parent.

I didn’t connect that you were discussing punishment beyond simple spanking. So that form of corporal punishment definitely has been in decline longer than spanking.

After thinking about it for a minute I think some major global war events definitely contributed to those rapidly rising numbers prior to the 1990s decline.
carcosa 12:03 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yip
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:04 AM 04-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Your chart sort of disproves your argument. Do you think kids back in 1960 were getting timeouts and participation trophies? Seems like shit started to spike as soon as all the kids who were ruined by the late 60s started crapping out undisciplined brats.

And also, do you think that the fact that we're under almost constant surveillance now might have something to do with any drop in crime?
So the kids in the late 60's were undisciplined, but the kids in the mid 70's-80's were more disciplined, yet the crime rate went up that entire time? Did the kids suddenly become more disciplined in the late 80's to early 90's?

And the helicopter parent argument has been around this entire century, yet there's no spike in apparent delinquency?
FAX 12:04 AM 04-26-2019
That's what I'm talking about ...

The kind of guy who could raise an entire infantry platoon of outstanding citizens and do it barefoot.

FAX
Page 16 of 173
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up