ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2408 of 2688
« First < 1408190823082358239824042405240624072408 2409241024112412241824582508 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:52 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Mahomes on first things first says he can complete the behind the back pass 80-90% of the time

He can't keep teasing it like this
Nah man, save that shit for a regular season game against the Panthers or the like
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:54 AM 02-03-2023
Ok, so I know it wasn’t holding on the last play, but I never realized how much mahomes’ play in the pocket contributed to that.

Can’t call holding on Orlando brown on a rip move as long as the OL is between the defender and the qb. Mahomes stepping up in the pocket is what kept trey smith between the defender and the qb on the second rip move.

Crazy but that’s how two plays that looked like holding clearly were not.
[Reply]
Realbaddog 07:57 AM 02-03-2023
:-)https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/...-3-years-later

Three years ago today,
@PatrickMahomes
changed his legacy with one Super play.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:02 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

It's so annoying that NFL Turning Point is now only available on ESPN+. And what's more annoying is they don't even have back episodes available. Or at least they didn't last year when I bought a subscription for a month.
Love these

Not that there's any question unless you're an LJ level reerun, but before the flags are even thrown the Bengals sideline is reacting to the late hit. Just an unbelievable play.
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

It's so annoying that NFL Turning Point is now only available on ESPN+. And what's more annoying is they don't even have back episodes available. Or at least they didn't last year when I bought a subscription for a month.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:26 PM 02-03-2023
Patrick has some great legacy stats available with a SB win. Obviously 2 rings, but also MVP, and SB MVP possible. Also saw that the passing leader hasn’t won the SB in 59 years. 3 things can come from this victory!
[Reply]
Hayneplane 01:47 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Patrick has some great legacy stats available with a SB win. Obviously 2 rings, but also MVP, and SB MVP possible. Also saw that the passing leader hasn’t won the SB in 59 years. 3 things can come from this victory!
Potentially the first regular season MVP to win the Super Bowl as well this century
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:48 PM 02-03-2023
Yeah, this next one will be a huge legacy shifter.

Lose this one and he's looking at being 1-2 in Super Bowls and following the Aaron Rodgers path.

But win this one and he may be looking at having one of the best seasons for a QB of all time. Imagine we win the Super Bowl and he gets Super Bowl MVP:

-Super Bowl win
-Super Bowl MVP
-League MVP
-5,000+ yard season
-14 wins
-Passing yard title

His legacy is already pretty great as is, but having 2 Super Bowl wins and 2 league MVPs has only been achieved by like three other QBs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:52 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Lose this one and he's looking at being 1-2 in Super Bowls and following the Aaron Rodgers path.
Not really. He'd still be the best QB to ever play the game, just with one less SB win (and yet almost certainly more to come).
[Reply]
tredadda 01:54 PM 02-03-2023
Yeah, this next one will be a huge legacy shifter.

But win this one and he may be looking at having one of the best seasons for a QB of all time. Imagine we win the Super Bowl and he gets Super Bowl MVP:

-Super Bowl win
-Super Bowl MVP
-League MVP
-5,000+ yard season
-14 wins
-Passing yard title

His legacy is already pretty great as is, but having 2 Super Bowl wins and 2 league MVPs has only been achieved by like three other QBs.
From an accomplishment standpoint I think he has already passed Rodgers. Rodgers only had one SB appearance/win.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:59 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
From an accomplishment standpoint I think he has already passed Rodgers. Rodgers only had one SB appearance/win.
Yeah, Mahomes is tracking to be the best QB in history regardless of what happens in a week.

The only thing winning this SB might give him is an actual chance at tracking down Brady's SB total, but that will remain an incredible long shot either way.
[Reply]
Jenson71 02:02 PM 02-03-2023
Has there been any word that his ankle is back to 100%?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:18 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
Has there been any word that his ankle is back to 100%?
I doubt theres any chance its 100% for at least a few weeks. Its normally a 6-8 week injury sometimes requiring surgery, but most qb's wouldnt play through it. So no real telling. They did report that the game last week did not cause any set backs.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:22 PM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Not really. He'd still be the best QB to ever play the game, just with one less SB win (and yet almost certainly more to come).
You know as well as anyone about arguing over legacy, people get extremely nitpicky.

Assuming the worst, it'd be nice that he went to three Super Bowls (to Rodgers' one), but people will eat him alive for having a negative win percentage in the big game.

Lebron James has all the stats and passes the eye test, but he's got a negative Finals record and, for that reason, many will never consider him better than Jordan.

Originally Posted by tredadda:
Depends on who you ask. To those who consider wins a QB stat? Yes. Those who don't? Absolutely not.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:33 PM 02-03-2023
You know as well as anyone about arguing over legacy, people get extremely nitpicky.

Assuming the worst, it'd be nice that he went to three Super Bowls (to Rodgers' one), but people will eat him alive for having a negative win percentage in the big game.

Lebron James has all the stats and passes the eye test, but he's got a negative Finals record and, for that reason, many will never consider him better than Jordan.

Depends on who you ask. To those who consider wins a QB stat? Yes. Those who don't? Absolutely not.
I never understood why people put value in what other people's opinions of their favorite player are. He could retire after next week and I would still consider him the greatest ever. No internet stranger's opinion is going to change mine.
[Reply]
Page 2408 of 2688
« First < 1408190823082358239824042405240624072408 2409241024112412241824582508 > Last »
Up