ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1668 of 2688
« First < 668116815681618165816641665166616671668 166916701671167216781718176821682668 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Neuromancer 09:13 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by jaa1025:
Pretty entertaining start but horrible take. I don't agree with any of it.
What I took away from it was Mahomes has room to grow and be an even MORE dominant player. And that's just plain scary. Be NFL afraid, be very afraid.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:26 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I say we give him a Bobby Bonilla type of deal. Pay him 10-12 million a year for the next 25 years, all of it guaranteed. Chief for life, and he is set up for the rest of his years. Someone could try to explain why that would be stupid, but at this point I'm willing to say they would be very wrong.
1) MVPat’s going to get like a 6/210 contract at minimum. Why would he only take $250M for the rest of his career??

2) Four words: time value of money.

25/250 is only worth like $156M (using a 4% discount rate).
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:32 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I started to watch it, but decided not to waste my time.

These idiots probably think Ty Cobb sucked because he struck out occasionally.
Yep, PFF has no merit. It all comes down to their opinion of whether they like one player over another.
[Reply]
Coogs 09:34 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Their explanation HURTS the credibility. It makes ZERO sense.

"No where in that incoherent rambling do you even come close to making a rational thought..."
No kidding! I'm still chuckling after watching that. It's crazy enough that one dude is trying to sell that take, but to have two dudes sitting there trying convince you... :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 09:46 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
1) MVPat’s going to get like a 6/210 contract at minimum. Why would he only take $250M for the rest of his career??

2) Four words: time value of money.

25/250 is only worth like $156M (using a 4% discount rate).

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:05 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
So he has 4 'turnover worthy' plays.

1. A fumble that only happened because Jack tackled the primary WR. The penalty was called and the play didn't count... but okay.

2. An incompletion that landed a mile from any defender. WAs it a fumble? I don't remember how that play transpired and they don't give context.

3. Probably the most legit, where a bad call negated a legit INT.

4. They talk about, but don't SHOW, the Ravens 4th down. The frame it as "Mahomes fumbles trying to run on 4th down".. rather than the more accurate "Mahomes recovers a bad snap and tries to run for a first down" They just straight up LIE.

They just spiked the football and broke their own nose.

That's the summary, but they're intolerable pompous douches while saying it.
[Reply]
Chargem 11:08 AM 09-28-2019
I don't really mind the PFF guys - I don't agree with them on a lot of things but at least it's a different, logical attempt at looking at things. I'd rather listen to what they have to say than dumbasses like Mangini who say things like Mahomes is a much worse quarterback than Brady because of first half points in two head to head games.

As far as whether Patrick is the best performing quarterback this season, I have no idea I haven't watched every snap from every quarterback to be able to objectively judge. I don't think saying he hasn't been the best performing quarterback in the first 3 games means he isn't the best quarterback in the league. It's kind of ridiculous to expect the best quarterback to be the best over any random 3 game sample.

PFF also don't adjust for competition, so the quarterbacks who have had chance to pile on Miami or other garbage teams are likely to have better stats at this point in the season.

The thought that they think Mahomes could be even better is scary. Scary / boner inducing.
[Reply]
In58men 11:52 AM 09-28-2019
Need!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DRM08 11:54 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
So he has 4 'turnover worthy' plays.

1. A fumble that only happened because Jack tackled the primary WR. The penalty was called and the play didn't count... but okay.

2. An incompletion that landed a mile from any defender. WAs it a fumble? I don't remember how that play transpired and they don't give context.

3. Probably the most legit, where a bad call negated a legit INT.

4. They talk about, but don't SHOW, the Ravens 4th down. The frame it as "Mahomes fumbles trying to run on 4th down".. rather than the more accurate "Mahomes recovers a bad snap and tries to run for a first down" They just straight up LIE.

They just spiked the football and broke their own nose.

That's the summary, but they're intolerable pompous douches while saying it.
That #4 one is troubling. They claim to watch every play and give credit/blame to others on the team. Well that play was 100% the center's fault for a terrible snap and Andy Reid's fault for doing a shotgun play on 4th and short.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:08 PM 09-28-2019
On another note, I love when people talk about our offense, Pat in particular, and it's like they're talking about the Boogeyman. Fucking John Wick or some shit.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:12 PM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Reasonable take but Im not so sure there is a huge correlation to fumbles and playing bad. Fumbling is one of the biggest unlucky or lucky plays in football. Not to say there are guys who are prone to fumbling but its just not a great barometer of good play or lack thereof
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 12:22 PM 09-28-2019
When they used scheme as an excuse for negating some of his good plays is where I stopped. So I guess Brady overcomes the terrible scheme that NE runs? Nevermind the level of defenses each QB faced though 3 weeks. Mahomes played Balt and Jax. Brady and Dak faced the worst teams in the league.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:40 PM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
When they used scheme as an excuse for negating some of his good plays is where I stopped. So I guess Brady overcomes the terrible scheme that NE runs? Nevermind the level of defenses each QB faced though 3 weeks. Mahomes played Balt and Jax. Brady and Dak faced the worst teams in the league.
Yeah, it's interesting to me nobody calls Brady a system QB when he absolutely benefits from a spread passing offense that schemes players open (usually with illegal pick plays).
[Reply]
Coogs 01:12 PM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Neuromancer:
What I took away from it was Mahomes has room to grow and be an even MORE dominant player. And that's just plain scary. Be NFL afraid, be very afraid.

Mahomes has been on an historic pace for the first 20 games of his career. Never been anything like it. To expect even more may be a bit of a reach. And if there is improvement, not sure if the average eye will be able to pick up on it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:12 PM 09-28-2019
We all know Mahomes is far and away the best QB. The only reason some stats are even remotely close is because Mahomes’ stats are basically all through three quarters. If we didn’t quit playing in the fourth he would probably have at least three more TDs and 300 more yards. I would actually like to see us running up the score and asserting our offensive dominance a bit more. Not at the cost of showing new plays but just doing more to score instead of showing basically no desire to score.
[Reply]
Page 1668 of 2688
« First < 668116815681618165816641665166616671668 166916701671167216781718176821682668 > Last »
Up