ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patriot defense
RaidersOftheCellar 04:57 PM 09-22-2019
Are we concerned yet?

There appears to be significant improvement.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:24 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Patrick's ability to avoid the pass rush is something Peyton never had. An extra weapon if you will. Prime Rodgers is the only one that has similar ability to Mahomes with throwing on the run (accuracy/velocity) or off the back foot, etc.
Or Wilson.
[Reply]
Mahomes_Is_God 04:31 AM 09-23-2019
Jesus, I didn't realize how pathetic their schedule is. On top of the dumpster fires they've already played they still have a 5 game stretch of Bills, Redskins, Giants, Jets, and Browns. That's ****ing pathetic. Nothing that those cheating scumbags "accomplish" will ever impress me. They're a joke who gets handed Ws.
[Reply]
DTHOF 04:47 AM 09-23-2019
The better question is can their offense keep up with ours.
[Reply]
eDave 04:51 AM 09-23-2019
Patriots defense, Patriots offense.
Chiefs defense, Chiefs offense.

All 4 elements will be vastly different when we meet that what we are today.

- Benjamin Franklin
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:58 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Jesus, I didn't realize how pathetic their schedule is. On top of the dumpster fires they've already played they still have a 5 game stretch of Bills, Redskins, Giants, Jets, and Browns. That's ****ing pathetic. Nothing that those cheating scumbags "accomplish" will ever impress me. They're a joke who gets handed Ws.
Their November is fairly tough

Ravens, Eagles, Cowboys, Texans and Chiefs.
Everything else they should have no problems with.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:15 AM 09-23-2019
1. Gronk isn't coming back. Or, at least, the odds seem EXTREMELY low to me based on his statements to date, and his significant weight loss.

2. The Patriots defense is playing lights out, but yeah, the competition so far has been a joke. They started playing pretty damn well the last few weeks of last season, and especially in the SB, and they actually upgraded their talent in the offseason, so all signs point to them being an elite defense. They can only play the schedule they have, but they certainly haven't been tested yet.

3. The whining on here over the schedule is a joke. They share 14 out of 16 games with all other AFC East teams. The NFC North is looking weak this year, and they have the NFC East which is a mixed bag, but Dallas is real, the Eagles should be healthy by the time we play them, Daniel Jones might be real (Barkley's health is critical) though the Giants aren't great overall, and the 'skins are the 'skins. Mostly, though, you just come off as pathetic whiners. The Broncos and Raiders are fucking jokes and nobody is scared of the Chargers. There's no question the Chiefs schedule is harder this year, but that's the rotation. Those are the breaks.

In 2018 you played the AFC Least (which you love to trash) and the NFC East. Were you crowing how easy your schedule was then? Yeah, I doubt it.

NEXT year the Patriots are AT KC, and have the NFC West and AFC West. Will you finally stop crying then?

(note, this is only directed to those of you who are endlessly whining about things that neither you, me, the Patriots, nor the Chiefs control.)
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:20 AM 09-23-2019
By the way, the Patriots will play AT KC next year. In 2021, they will also play AT the AFC West team with the same finish in as them in 2020. So if KC and NE are both first, it will be AT KC again.

AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN IN 2022.

It's part of the set rotation that the NFL schedule has. It may not matter as much by then -- who knows how long Brady/BB keep going -- but enough of the conspiracy theory bullshit. I could've told you about this schedule three years ago. It's pre-set pursuant to a rotation system. JFC.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:25 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
1. Gronk isn't coming back. Or, at least, the odds seem EXTREMELY low to me based on his statements to date, and his significant weight loss.

2. The Patriots defense is playing lights out, but yeah, the competition so far has been a joke. They started playing pretty damn well the last few weeks of last season, and especially in the SB, and they actually upgraded their talent in the offseason, so all signs point to them being an elite defense. They can only play the schedule they have, but they certainly haven't been tested yet.

3. The whining on here over the schedule is a joke. They share 14 out of 16 games with all other AFC East teams. The NFC North is looking weak this year, and they have the NFC East which is a mixed bag, but Dallas is real, the Eagles should be healthy by the time we play them, Daniel Jones might be real (Barkley's health is critical) though the Giants aren't great overall, and the 'skins are the 'skins. Mostly, though, you just come off as pathetic whiners. The Broncos and Raiders are ****ing jokes and nobody is scared of the Chargers. There's no question the Chiefs schedule is harder this year, but that's the rotation. Those are the breaks.

In 2018 you played the AFC Least (which you love to trash) and the NFC East. Were you crowing how easy your schedule was then? Yeah, I doubt it.

NEXT year the Patriots are AT KC, and have the NFC West and AFC West. Will you finally stop crying then?

(note, this is only directed to those of you who are endlessly whining about things that neither you, me, the Patriots, nor the Chiefs control.)
Chiefs did not play Buffalo, Jets, or Miami in 2018. They didn’t play the NFC East either in 2018. Not sure where you came up with that claim. Must be talking about a different season.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:26 AM 09-23-2019
Patriots have a great scheme, communication, and coaching. A few studs in their secondary.

Mostly just guys. Which is why they don't match up well against KC. You can only scheme so much. They don't have the horses to slow us down which is why they grabbed AB. They know they need to score a bunch.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:32 AM 09-23-2019
By the way, the Patriots will play AT KC next year. In 2021, they will also play AT the AFC West team with the same finish in as them in 2020. So if KC and NE are both first, it will be AT KC again.

AND THE SAME THING HAPPENS AGAIN IN 2022.

It's part of the set rotation that the NFL schedule has. It may not matter as much by then -- who knows how long Brady/BB keep going -- but enough of the conspiracy theory bullshit. I could've told you about this schedule three years ago. It's pre-set pursuant to a rotation system. JFC.
I don’t think there are many posing conspiracy theories...but just pointing out that it’s bullshit to have to go there three straight years. Especially in seasons in which one loss can be critical.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:39 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don’t think there are many posing conspiracy theories...but just pointing out that it’s bullshit to have to go there three straight years. Especially in seasons in which one loss can be critical.

It's the rotation system. Same thing was heard from Colts fans back in the mid 2000s when the rivalry was hot. Then -- either late 2000s or into the early 2010s, the roles were reversed and the Pats had to go there three seasons in a row.

And of course idiot Pats fans -- who seemingly had some kind of short term memory issues -- are crying about the same f'ing thing. JFC. :-)

It's a rotation system. Every year:

1. 6 games against your division opponents

2. 4 games against one other division in the OTHER conference (AFC/NFC)
- note, 2 home, 2 away. The next time you play that division, the home/away teams flip

3. 4 games against one other division in your conference
- same note re: home/away

4. 2 games against the the teams who finished in the same place as your team in the same-conference divisions that you aren't playing the whole schedule for. For example, the Chiefs this year are playing the entire AFC South. That means you play against the two teams (Pats/Ravens) who finished in the same place as the Chiefs (first) in the two divisions (AFC North and East) that are in your conference (AFC) that are not in the division you're playing every team (AFC South).

That last one is tough, but it's what triggers this 3 years in a row thing. Starting next year, the Pats play KC at home (because the last time the Pats played the entire AFC West KC played at NE). Then the next two years it's AT the same AFC West division finishing team. Could be KC, but might not be. All depends on prior year standings.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:41 AM 09-23-2019
WE'RE GOING TO MURDER THEM!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:43 AM 09-23-2019
I believe you're referring to the 2017 season, when - going into the season - we had the second hardest expected SOS.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...th-of-schedule

You're not very good at making points.
[Reply]
Ghost002! 06:43 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Patriots have a great scheme, communication, and coaching. A few studs in their secondary.

Mostly just guys. Which is why they don't match up well against KC. You can only scheme so much. They don't have the horses to slow us down which is why they grabbed AB. They know they need to score a bunch.

The chiefs were beat twice last year by them. How is it all of a sudden they can match up?? You lost twice to them one being at home.

I read this on the site and thought it was pretty funny. The Pats got AB because they were scared of the chiefs...so if the chiefs had picked up AB. Then would it have been the chiefs scared of the pats?

Your defensive line got pushed around last year in the playoffs allowing the Pats backs to run all over the field.

Was that address at all by the chiefs in the off season?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:48 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They’ve played Luke Falk, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and an injured Ben Roethlisberger.

None of those offenses have done worth a fuck in ANY game so far.

Exactly

The Patriots vs Bills should be fun.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up