ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson
Hamwallet 02:49 PM 09-22-2019
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.
[Reply]
wazu 09:36 PM 09-22-2019
Two years in a row the Ravens have come into Arrowhead, and both times it was a white knuckle experience beating this guy. This year their defense let go of their pass rushers, but it was still tough. Chiefs are the better team, but once again I'd rather not face these guys in the postseason.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Two years in a row the Ravens have come into Arrowhead, and both times it was a white knuckle experience beating this guy. This year their defense let go of their pass rushers, but it was still tough. Chiefs are the better team, but once again I'd rather not face these guys in the postseason.
Oh please. This wasn't remotely like last year.

Last year Mahomes had to pull an amazing play out of his butt to bring us from behind.

This year we got away ahead and they got two garbage time TDs thanks to ridiculous 50/50 jump balls. They were shot with luck, and we just needed one play to slice their throats.

The Ravens were lucky to be in that game at the end.

They're a good team, but not in the Chiefs' league - next time we play them they won't be so lucky. If their QB could throw deep with any kind of consistency maybe I'd fear them.

Especially with a full strength Chiefs offense. We'll blow the fucking doors off that team. When it was 30-13 we were on the verge of doing that anyway - they just pulled a couple miracles out their ass.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:06 PM 09-22-2019
Jackson was lucky that he did not have at least 3 interceptions. He had zero touch on the deep ball. The refs let their O line hold all day- it was ridiculous.

The talk of Jackson being MVP over Mahomes this year- ended today.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:07 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No ****ing way.

When Vick set his feet he was extremely accurate, and he had maybe the strongest arm in league history.

Lamar's accuracy is just all over the place even with set feet. He has a very good arm, but not Mahomian.

Lamar Jackson is just RGIII all over again. It won't be long before he breaks.
Lamar will never be able to do this. This is why Vick was way better

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:09 PM 09-22-2019
Literally no one is talking about Jackson now if you take out the Dolphins game.

He's just another running QB who happens to be OK at passing instead of a dumpster fire like most of them.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:10 PM 09-22-2019
This was not a close game. If Andy had kept his foot on the gas and we didn’t go into prevent, it’s a three TD win.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:11 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Lamar will never be able to do this. This is why Vick was way better

But in terms of offensive fit, I also don't see Vick running the ball 15 times a game. And when we say running, we're talking running back like carries. For Harbaughs system specifically, lamar isn't a bad fit. Outside the system with a lesser defense and running game, can't imagine lamar would be that good.
[Reply]
Munson 10:27 PM 09-22-2019

Lamar Jackson falls to 8-2 as starting QB in the regular season.

Both losses to the Chiefs
in Kansas City.

— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) September 22, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:28 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by RJ:
Is Lamar Jackson greater than, lesser than or same as Michael Vick?

Obviously Vick is the best comp we have. Both are fast and elusive with strong arms.

I give the edge to Lamar. Their type of game is better suited to the NFL than when Vick came into the league.

He runs a lot but he's also really good at avoiding contact. The hardest hits he's taken this season have been in the pocket.

He's nothing like Mahomes and the comparison is unfair. But he might be better than any of the other young QB's over the next 5-7 years.

You’re high.

Vick was superior in every way, save for not making dogs under each other.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:30 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefsfan15:
most overrated player in the NFL?
Goff or Wentz. Flip a coin between those two.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:34 PM 09-22-2019
Prime example of east coast media bias overhyping a player leading up to this game. If Lamar Jackson played in KC or another small media market they’d be saying tap the breaks on this kid and rightfully pointing out that he played really bad teams. Instead they were touting this as a future Brady/Manning rivalry.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:38 PM 09-22-2019
They'll really be mad next year when Mahomes lights up Baltimore.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 02:08 AM 09-23-2019
Jackson is actually ahead of Vick at the same stage of the career, which is how ya do this. One play away today from beating a great Chiefs team....on the road!

The guy is going to be just fine.
[Reply]
eDave 03:32 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Why did the Ravens keep direct snapping to their running back?

It was odd to say the least.
Thought this was rainman.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:35 AM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Jackson is actually ahead of Vick at the same stage of the career, which is how ya do this. One play away today from beating a great Chiefs team....on the road!

The guy is going to be just fine.

Holy hyperbole.

At what point were the Ravens a “play away” from beating the Chiefs yesterday? I must have missed them having the ball with even a chance to tie the game in the second half, let alone take the lead.

If you never have the ball with a chance to take the lead in the second half, you’re not one play away from winning.

Jackson is a solid QB but the narrative is awfully different if he doesn’t connect on 2 desperation heaves that were incredibly low percentage.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 25
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up