ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 25
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson
Hamwallet 02:49 PM 09-22-2019
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.
[Reply]
xztop123 08:14 PM 09-22-2019
This ravens team may be more complete than we are overall.

They’re literally copying our offensive concepts

Obviously jackson is a decent passer, put on his college and first 2 weeks of tape.

But the offense he’s in is way more advanced than offenses were when Vick was playing, allowing to exploit running better.

I really need to see a rematch with hill and fisher and them with their cab.

I honestly hope it isn’t in the playoffs I want them and NE to battle that one out

Their front 4 get insane pressure especially early in the game.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 08:17 PM 09-22-2019
The highlights of the first couple games I thought the ball seemed to be coming out better and he was becoming a better passer. They played crap teams so the stats didn’t mean much but the ball was coming out better. That was not the case today. If it wasn’t for luck and a missed offense PI then the score would have been different and his stats would have been awe full. Hollywood can play and if they add another weapon then can be successful but I was unimpressed with his arm today compared to the hype of how much better he has looked this year
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:20 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Lmao he looked terrible.

He couldn’t throw anything other than drags and TE curl routes in the 1st half when we were actually being aggressive on defense and he only started moving the ball when we started playing the relax soft zone prevent sh1t we always do when we have leads like 30-13.

Ravens won’t even win 8 games this year.
That's crazy talk. They are an elite running team with a great defense. And lamar in that system is dangerous even if he's not a great passer. You force him to pass first and sprint to points and they're not good. They're not a bad team. We're just that good and their worst possible matchup.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 08:21 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:

Obviously jackson is a decent passer, put on his college and first 2 weeks of tape.

But the offense he’s in is way more advanced than offenses were when Vick was playing, allowing to exploit running better.

I honestly hope it isn’t in the playoffs I want them and NE to battle that one out

Lmao stop. The team that struggled to beat the Cardinals last week is not more complete than us because they played a full desperation game against us, going on 4th and going for 2 every drive cause they didn’t think they could stop KCs O, and threw drags for 10 yards vs our prevent D after being locked 3/4 of the game. They won’t even win their own division while we’ll be 14-2.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 08:27 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That's crazy talk. They are an elite running team with a great defense. And lamar in that system is dangerous even if he's not a great passer. You force him to pass first and sprint to points and they're not good. They're not a bad team. We're just that good and their worst possible matchup.
I think we are that good but really didn’t play that well today. We’ll see how this plays out but I think the Ravens are way overrated.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:28 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:

Lol no
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:30 PM 09-22-2019
Except that he's 10 times more athletic, is surrounded by one hell of a power running game Harbaugh runs, and has a solid defense to back him up. The formula beat the chargers to a pulp last playoff. And that was a much worse version of lamar Jackson last season. They'll be a tough matchup for any team that isn't the Patriots or chiefs. I think we're basing a lot of our judgment of the ravens on how they performed against a chiefs team that is basically their kryptonite.
What?!

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1901060rav.htm

Jackson had like 29 yards in the first 3 quarters and was obscenely lucky in the 4th much in the same way he was lucky against KC with some awful prayers that were fortunately answered for him.

It was one of the worst playoff performances I've ever seen from a QB. Not Matt Cassel in 2010 bad, but bad.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:33 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
What?!

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1901060rav.htm
Lamar was really really really bad that game. He is much better than he was that game. If lamar was even below average, the ravens win in a blowout. They annihilated Baltimore in every aspect except the passing game. I really doubt Baltimore can beat NE and kc will be even tougher when we're fully stocked. But they're a tough matchup for a lot of teams.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:38 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
I think we are that good but really didn’t play that well today. We’ll see how this plays out but I think the Ravens are way overrated.
It just speaks to how much more we should have blown this apart. We're a really bad matchup for Baltimore. But put them up against Houston or the chargers or Cleveland... Different ballgame. The minute we took the lead we took Baltimore off their game. Harbaugh knew it. That's why he gambled like a drunk. Thankful for spags stepping up. If Baltimore had a second and third drive like the first, our defense would be sledding uphill the rest of the game. I don't think it's wrong to rate the ravens as a tough playoff team nowhere in the same league as NE or kc.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by RJ:
Is Lamar Jackson greater than, lesser than or same as Michael Vick?

Obviously Vick is the best comp we have. Both are fast and elusive with strong arms.

I give the edge to Lamar. Their type of game is better suited to the NFL than when Vick came into the league.

He runs a lot but he's also really good at avoiding contact. The hardest hits he's taken this season have been in the pocket.

He's nothing like Mahomes and the comparison is unfair. But he might be better than any of the other young QB's over the next 5-7 years.
No fucking way.

When Vick set his feet he was extremely accurate, and he had maybe the strongest arm in league history.

Lamar's accuracy is just all over the place even with set feet. He has a very good arm, but not Mahomian.

Lamar Jackson is just RGIII all over again. It won't be long before he breaks.
[Reply]
chiefsfan15 08:41 PM 09-22-2019
most overrated player in the NFL?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:41 PM 09-22-2019
Lamar was really really really bad that game. He is much better than he was that game. If lamar was even below average, the ravens win in a blowout. They annihilated Baltimore in every aspect except the passing game. I really doubt Baltimore can beat NE and kc will be even tougher when we're fully stocked. But they're a tough matchup for a lot of teams.
I agree with your conclusion that the Raven are a solid team. No question Lamar is better.

I'm just saying the Chargers HANDLED the Ravens.

Lamar is often powered by blind luck, and that shit will run out. He was terrible today. Far worse than his stat line indicates. Just a few plays drop differently he ends up with 140 yards and 3 INT's.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:48 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
No ****ing way.

When Vick set his feet he was extremely accurate, and he had maybe the strongest arm in league history.

Lamar's accuracy is just all over the place even with set feet. He has a very good arm, but not Mahomian.

Lamar Jackson is just RGIII all over again. It won't be long before he breaks.
Vick would be really good in Harbaughs system. I don't think lamar could succeed in many systems. But Harbaugh built a really good system for him. He is built better to last longer than RGIII. But yeah, doubt he can do this for very long.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:52 PM 09-22-2019
He has the luck of Tebow
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:04 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I agree with your conclusion that the Raven are a solid team. No question Lamar is better.

I'm just saying the Chargers HANDLED the Ravens.

Lamar is often powered by blind luck, and that shit will run out. He was terrible today. Far worse than his stat line indicates. Just a few plays drop differently he ends up with 140 yards and 3 INT's.
But again, he took risks today he isn't normally going to take. The Chiefs took him off his game. Against most teams, the ravens will churn out 10+ play drives that wear you out. Why do you think Harbaugh kept going for it. He knew the only way to win was to exhaust our defense. The minute we took the first lead Baltimore got taken out of their game. Even last year when defenses gave zero fucks about lamars passing game they were still the #1 rushing team in the NFL. All he has to do is be good enough as a passer for defenses to give half a fuck.

But not against NE and KC. They want to beat you in a marathon. You can't ask a marathoner to start in a sprint. And that's what we did today.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 25
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up