ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 25
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson
Hamwallet 02:49 PM 09-22-2019
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:32 PM 09-22-2019
I wasn’t really impressed. His accuracy is solid when throwing over the middle with his feet set, or when throwing short while rolling to his right.

The deep balls were scattershot.

The 4th down throw into his receivers feet was particularly awful. Alex Smith-esque.

He reminded me a lot of Alex Smith, actually. Arm strength is what smith’s was before that should injury.

I think you can win games with him in the regular season but don’t see someone who would really threaten an elite team in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:37 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I wasn’t really impressed. His accuracy is solid when throwing over the middle with his feet set, or when throwing short while rolling to his right.

The 4th down throw into his receivers feet was particularly awful. Alex Smith-esque.

He reminded me a lot of Alex Smith, actually. Arm strength is what smith’s was before that should injury.

I think you can win games with him in the regular season but don’t see someone who would really threaten an elite team in the playoffs.
Once Alex stopped running the ball teams were able to just cue in on him in high leverage spots. It was excruciating to watch (looking at you, 2nd half of the Titans playoff game).
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:42 PM 09-22-2019
i mean the guy didn't throw a TD

this isn't a discussion
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:45 PM 09-22-2019
He can throw really well...FOR A RUNNING BACK.
[Reply]
notorious 06:49 PM 09-22-2019
Why did the Ravens keep direct snapping to their running back?

It was odd to say the least.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:51 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Why did the Ravens keep direct snapping to their running back?

It was odd to say the least.
:-)
:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:02 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I thought he was absolutely terrible outside of some lucky ducks he tossed in the 4th. Until then he was under 50% passing, less than 5 yards per attempt. He was shit for 3 quarters and simply lucky in the 4th.
If Harbaugh called every drive like the first drive of each half where he just wore you down and beat you mercilessly with TOP, lamar would be a nightmare to stop. He only needs the deep passing game to be just effective enough to allow them to beat you to a pulp with the running game. But Harbaugh couldn't do that. Because all it took was us to take one lead and get one defensive stop, and we knocked Harbaugh off his gameplan.

I guess you could call that a system qb. But mahomes killed Harbaughs chances of running that system. And Harbaugh knew that right away. There's a reason Harbaugh kept taking huge gambles early in the game.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:03 PM 09-22-2019
Basically, the ravens make you play a marathon and for most opponents, that's good enough. They can't compete with a team like the Chiefs that force them to sprint.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:05 PM 09-22-2019
He's a better runner than a thrower.

Very elusive, I think Okafor is still looking for his jock out there.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:08 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Except that he's 10 times more athletic, is surrounded by one hell of a power running game Harbaugh runs, and has a solid defense to back him up. The formula beat the chargers to a pulp last playoff. And that was a much worse version of lamar Jackson last season. They'll be a tough matchup for any team that isn't the Patriots or chiefs. I think we're basing a lot of our judgment of the ravens on how they performed against a chiefs team that is basically their kryptonite.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 07:09 PM 09-22-2019
The guy is talented and I’m sure a headache for D-coordinators. Only problem is the way Harbaugh is using him he will not last long.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:11 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
The guy is talented and I’m sure a headache for D-coordinators. Only problem is the way Harbaugh is using him he will not last long.
There's also that. I really can't imagine the guy will last very long. I don't fault Harbaugh. It's the only real way yoi CAN use him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:56 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
He didn't have a good day today, at all, and we're not exactly an elite defense at this point. It took two lame duck hail marys to get him over 250, and he didn't really do anything notable running the ball until the very end of the game. He's got a lot of work to do on his accuracy before he's a passing threat, so I think you do exactly what we did: spy him, to stop him running, which hurts you against the running back part of the running game, but keeps him contained. And he just isn't all that much of a threat throwing the ball on broken plays. His two hail mary throws were so ugly that I was legit embarrassed that we allowed the receivers to catch them.
It was embarrassing. OPI or no, you can’t allow a wobbly duck that hangs for an eternity to be caught. Both should have been picked off. Batted down at worst.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 07:59 PM 09-22-2019
Lmao he looked terrible.

He couldn’t throw anything other than drags and TE curl routes in the 1st half when we were actually being aggressive on defense and he only started moving the ball when we started playing the relax soft zone prevent sh1t we always do when we have leads like 30-13.

Ravens won’t even win 8 games this year.
[Reply]
RJ 08:09 PM 09-22-2019
Is Lamar Jackson greater than, lesser than or same as Michael Vick?

Obviously Vick is the best comp we have. Both are fast and elusive with strong arms.

I give the edge to Lamar. Their type of game is better suited to the NFL than when Vick came into the league.

He runs a lot but he's also really good at avoiding contact. The hardest hits he's taken this season have been in the pocket.

He's nothing like Mahomes and the comparison is unfair. But he might be better than any of the other young QB's over the next 5-7 years.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 25
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up