ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson
Hamwallet 02:49 PM 09-22-2019
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:03 PM 09-22-2019
I hope I'm wrong but New England is gonna shut Jackson down.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:03 PM 09-22-2019
Freakish athlete, no question about it... he juked several of our guys straight outta their jockstraps today

But I knew the passing numbers would come back to earth today, he finally met a decent defense and couldn’t go off again

Still needs a lotta work in the pocket, and he is also likely to get killed just like his backup from being used in the run game too much
[Reply]
Hamwallet 03:03 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
He's good. He trusts his abilities and makes plays, giving his offense a chance time and again. He's not Mahomes, but if Mahomes didn't exist and Lamar was our QB instead I think we'd be loving the guy.
Exactly. We have Mahomes. I thought Lamar was a 3 year and out of the league... I was impressed today.
[Reply]
wazu 03:04 PM 09-22-2019
I will say that I see no scenario where Lamar is still playing when he is 37 years old. I think his career will burn bright while he's under the age of 30, though. Thinking Cam Newton.
[Reply]
FringeNC 03:05 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I was pretty skeptical about him but he is legit. If the Ravens keep the D up as they always do I can see many battles in the playoffs against them for awhile.
I thought exactly the opposite. He's improved from last year, but is hardly the superstar in making that I heard on all the pregame hype. He threw the ball up for grabs multiple times, and is lucky he didn't up with a terrible stat line.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:05 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Freakish athlete, no question about it... he juked several of our guys straight outta their jockstraps today

But I knew the passing numbers would come back to earth today, he finally met a decent defense and couldn’t go off again

Still needs a lotta work in the pocket, and he is also likely to get killed just like his backup from being used in the run game too much
Amazing how it goes when you're not playing the Dolphins and Cardinals, eh?

Cardinals have up a TD to the rookie JAGscrub starting for Carolina today...
[Reply]
DRM08 03:06 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
I will say that I see no scenario where Lamar is still playing when he is 37 years old. I think his career will burn bright while he's under the age of 30, though. Thinking Cam Newton.
Yep. Ravens using his athleticism to their strongest advantage right now, but it will do him no favors in attempting a long career.
[Reply]
chinaski 03:06 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
He's Flacco basically but younger and more mobile. That's pretty much it. He lives on the deep ball. Without it he's mediocre.
This. Totally this.

A few of those throws/catches were miracles. Like Cairo Santos "doink" type miracles.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:06 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
Exactly. We have Mahomes. I thought Lamar was a 3 year and out of the league... I was impressed today.
Wait for the injuries to start piling up. Unless he drastically changes his style of play, it’ll be a short career.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:06 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I thought exactly the opposite. He's improved from last year, but is hardly the superstar in making that I heard on all the pregame hype. He threw the ball up for grabs multiple times, and is lucky he didn't up with a terrible stat line.
Honey Badger almost had a couple of those ducks.
[Reply]
Shaid 03:06 PM 09-22-2019
Great running ability but he literally tossed 2 long stinkers where he practically closed his eyes and they got caught. Very lucky today. He's on a team that is built for him and that will keep things going well but you stop that running game and force him to play quarterback, it doesn't look so good.
[Reply]
CervezaChill 03:07 PM 09-22-2019
Not bad for a running back.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:08 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Great running ability but he literally tossed 2 long stinkers where he practically closed his eyes and they got caught. Very lucky today. He's on a team that is built for him and that will keep things going well but you stop that running game and force him to play quarterback, it doesn't look so good.
We never stopped their running game today, and he still stunk up the joint.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:08 PM 09-22-2019
79 yards and 0 TD's.....STELLAR!
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:08 PM 09-22-2019
He didn't have a good day today, at all, and we're not exactly an elite defense at this point. It took two lame duck hail marys to get him over 250, and he didn't really do anything notable running the ball until the very end of the game. He's got a lot of work to do on his accuracy before he's a passing threat, so I think you do exactly what we did: spy him, to stop him running, which hurts you against the running back part of the running game, but keeps him contained. And he just isn't all that much of a threat throwing the ball on broken plays. His two hail mary throws were so ugly that I was legit embarrassed that we allowed the receivers to catch them.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up