ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Spags & The D
petegz28 02:23 PM 09-22-2019
We didn't do real great against the run but we played a good game. Jackson got 2 TD's that were the result of plays that were nothing more than just plain LUCK! And one was a push off that didn't get called.

Key parts of the game:

Clark gets the sack at a crucial time
2, not 1 but 2 or even 3(?), 2-pt conversions stopped
Contained a very mobile QB in Jackson
Passing game for the Ravens was mostly luck. Coverage was there all game.

I'm liking what I am seeing so far. Need to tighten it up on the run a bit but the Ravens are a great running team. Keep improving and we have a solid middle of the pack defense.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:05 PM 09-22-2019
They played well for 3 quarters.

The last quarter was embarrassing as shit. To let a professional QB get away with the crap that Lamar was doing is nonsense.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:06 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Are we gonna be saying that when the Patriots run it down our throats again? We won’t always be playing a RB at QB man...
So you're saying we might have trouble against one of the best teams in the NFL with one of the best QB's ever to play the game???

WOW! That's really going out on a limb and shit
[Reply]
petegz28 03:07 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
They played well for 3 quarters.

The last quarter was embarrassing as shit. To let a professional QB get away with the crap that Lamar was doing is nonsense.
Yeah, they let their WR get away with a push off or the ball bounce to one of their WR's in a much fortunate fashion. Let them do it....
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:08 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Um, no. It was good to win, and the Ravens ARE a good team with a very good QB. But, some of the shit that happened with our defense made it POSSIBLE for the Ravens to have hope and be in the game.

Look, I'll take it, glad we won, and I honestly was never really worried. Just want to see our defense step on some bitches necks and they just won't. Yet anyway.
New scheme. Lots of new players. Barring injury, it's going to get better.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:08 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Ingram was good today, as was the other guy. Our run defense wasn't great, but we were conceding runs to the RBs to cover deep and keep Jackson contained. Up the gut was open for chunks, and to be fair, we tackled like shit today. This isn't some fundamentally flawed thing we have going here, and look, Baltimore has a good offense. I don't care if we gave up 500 yards rushing, we beat a playoff caliber team today. Period end of statement.
It's a good recipe for success in the regular season against mediocre QBs. I think the reason most of us are worried is because the regular season doesn't matter so much anymore. We all know what's important here- beating the Pats in January. In order to do that, we're going to need to be able to play sound, fundamental, good defense across the board. As it stands, we apparently can't play both good pass and run defense. We're ceding yards on the ground in order to be able to stop the pass- we can't do that when we play New England.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Neither am I. I'm saying the run defense is better because they stop runs for short gains far more often than they did last year.

That's not polishing a turd. That's just stating a statistic. Is the run defense better than last year's abortion? I would say yes.
You might be right, I just haven't seen any numbers to support the claim so I can't really argue against it. The run defense certainly looks different but the end result is extremrly similar to Sutton's defenses.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:10 PM 09-22-2019
Jackson had 7 passing td's in 2 games. he got 0 today.
That's a helluva lot better Def. than last year.
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 03:11 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Winner winner chicken dinner!

Isn't that what about all of us were asking for this entire off season?!?!
A hold them under 30 D is all we need. I think the entire league, fans, media, everyone, knows if we can do that we are a near lock to win every game. I know it can be frustrating to watch at times but at the end of the day if they hold them under 30 that's all you need.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:11 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Jackson had 7 passing td's in 2 games. he got 0 today.
That's a helluva lot better Def. than last year.
I was joking when I said he had 79 yards but take away his fluke plays and it's a lot closer to that....
[Reply]
petegz28 03:12 PM 09-22-2019
I'll tell you what this team does much better than last year's....

They cover tighter
They blow up the screens, flares and stretch runs
They collapse the pocket

We have to stiffen up in the middle
[Reply]
JakeF 03:13 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
No rain and we win by 20 plus. Not getting stupid defensive penalties is a huge improvement.
good point, not nearly has many dumb penalties on defense today. :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:13 PM 09-22-2019
So I just looked over the numbers for the game, and was surprised that our defense actually played a fairly decent game overall.

Baltimore came into the game as the league's leading offense, and LJ came in as a 133.6 passer rating. I think we can ignore his stats in week ! against the 'Fins, and just look at his stat line against the Cards.

24-37 for 272 yds 2 TD 0 INT 7.4 yds/Att 104.8 passer rating

16 rushes 120 yds 7.5 yds/carry

Today, Jackson's numbers:

22-43 267 0 TD 0 INT 6.2 yds/Att passer rating 70.6

8 rushes yds 5.75 yds/carry

Jackson completed less passes for less yds, though not by a huge margin, but our D did not give up a TD pass, his yds/Att dropped by more than a yard from last week, and if you do include the Miami game, where his yds/Att was 16.2, we dropped him down by 10 yds/Att. And our secondary, in spite of some obvious gaffes and a couple truly lucky heaves, cut his passer rating in half, from 133 to 74.

Baltimore as a team (Jackson, Ingram, Edwards,etc.) has averaged rushing 205 yds/game. Today, instead of giving up more than our opponent's average, which we've been doing for a couple years now, we actually only gave up their average, 203.

And playing the Ravens is kind of like playing Army or Navy in CF. They run a crap ton, and their attack is like no other. We won't see another offense like them unless we see them in the playoffs.

So, IMO, giving up just their average, particularly when our D has consistently given up more than the opponent's average for a while now, is a success for us right now. And let's be honest, everyone gives up a lot of rushing yards to these guys.

And now the best part: our guys have only been playing together in Spag's scheme for a few weeks. That, people, is what we call progress.
[Reply]
Coogs 03:14 PM 09-22-2019
What we really need is to have a defense like Baltimore has. You know, the one that was down 30-13 after 3 quarters. The one that gave up 503 yards and 33 points. That's when we will be good! Yep. When our defense is as good as Baltimore's. Look out then.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:15 PM 09-22-2019
So we held a team that averages 205 yards rushing to 203?
[Reply]
Aspengc8 03:15 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'll tell you what this team does much better than last year's....

They cover tighter
They blow up the screens, flares and stretch runs
They collapse the pocket

We have to stiffen up in the middle
middle was rough today because of lamars ability to hit a home run on a read option. i can guarantee spags told the ends to never cross the tackles face or scrape down on ingram. tough to defend with his running talent.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:16 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
What we really need is to have a defense like Baltimore has. You know, the one that was down 30-13 after 3 quarters. The one that gave up 503 yards and 33 points. That's when we will be good! Yep. When our defense is as good as Baltimore's. Look out then.
REP!

:-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up