ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Spags & The D
petegz28 02:23 PM 09-22-2019
We didn't do real great against the run but we played a good game. Jackson got 2 TD's that were the result of plays that were nothing more than just plain LUCK! And one was a push off that didn't get called.

Key parts of the game:

Clark gets the sack at a crucial time
2, not 1 but 2 or even 3(?), 2-pt conversions stopped
Contained a very mobile QB in Jackson
Passing game for the Ravens was mostly luck. Coverage was there all game.

I'm liking what I am seeing so far. Need to tighten it up on the run a bit but the Ravens are a great running team. Keep improving and we have a solid middle of the pack defense.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:55 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Dude... we're allowing like 7 yards per carry this year.
ERMAGHERRD!!!! YERRDDS PER CERRRYY

3-0
[Reply]
petegz28 02:56 PM 09-22-2019
How many of the rush yards that we give up are coming when we are up by 2 or 3 scores?
[Reply]
eDave 02:57 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
People here would bitch if KC put up 100 and gave up 1 yard on defense.
PTSD is not easily overcome.
[Reply]
-King- 02:57 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:

3-0
I don't get why come into a thread about the defense if all we're supposed to do is talk about how we're 3-0.

We were 3-0 the past 2 years too. Defense sucked then too. Were we wrong to talk about bad defensive performances then?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:58 PM 09-22-2019
Ingram was good today, as was the other guy. Our run defense wasn't great, but we were conceding runs to the RBs to cover deep and keep Jackson contained. Up the gut was open for chunks, and to be fair, we tackled like shit today. This isn't some fundamentally flawed thing we have going here, and look, Baltimore has a good offense. I don't care if we gave up 500 yards rushing, we beat a playoff caliber team today. Period end of statement.
[Reply]
-King- 02:58 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
How many of the rush yards that we give up are coming when we are up by 2 or 3 scores?
Enough to make it a game when it shouldn't have been.
[Reply]
Redbled 02:58 PM 09-22-2019
No rain and we win by 20 plus. Not getting stupid defensive penalties is a huge improvement.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:59 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Bro, we're probably giving up upwards of 7 YPC. I'm not polishing this turd- this run defense sucks.
Neither am I. I'm saying the run defense is better because they stop runs for short gains far more often than they did last year.

That's not polishing a turd. That's just stating a statistic. Is the run defense better than last year's abortion? I would say yes.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:59 PM 09-22-2019

3-0
Exactly right.
[Reply]
tmax63 02:59 PM 09-22-2019
This defense doesn't look like one that will lose the game for the Chiefs when they put up 40-50 points like last year.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 03:00 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They allowed 13 points through three quarters and only allowed a couple scores when the game was largely over. I might suggest your expectations are unreasonable.
You gotta be kidding! If they could throw the ball at all, we would have lost, easily.

This defense is as soft as jello!
[Reply]
Bowser 03:00 PM 09-22-2019
I don't get why come into a thread about the defense if all we're supposed to do is talk about how we're 3-0.

We were 3-0 the past 2 years too. Defense sucked then too. Were we wrong to talk about bad defensive performances then?
Why do you care about last year? If you can't see the changes and improvements this season as compared to last, then you are just flat choosing not to. This most definitely is not Bob Sutton's defense.

Are you pissed Mahomes didn't throw for 6 TDs, too?
[Reply]
petegz28 03:00 PM 09-22-2019
Enough to make it a game when it shouldn't have been.
Get the fuck out of here. What made it a game was 2 prayer passes that got caught. Save your bullshit. The Ravens got lucky on 2 passes that set up TD's or they aren't even in the game. And don't give me your bullshit about lucky plays counting. That doesn't make them any less lucky.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:00 PM 09-22-2019
Ingram was good today, as was the other guy. Our run defense wasn't great, but we were conceding runs to the RBs to cover deep and keep Jackson contained. Up the gut was open for chunks, and to be fair, we tackled like shit today. This isn't some fundamentally flawed thing we have going here, and look, Baltimore has a good offense. I don't care if we gave up 500 yards rushing, we beat a playoff caliber team today. Period end of statement.
Yup, Edwards is a 235 lb beast. add to that a wet field and it makes it even harder to bring him down.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 03:01 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
This defense doesn't look like one that will lose the game for the Chiefs when they put up 40-50 points like last year.
LOLOLOLOL...….

Is this sarcasm?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up