ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Spags & The D
petegz28 02:23 PM 09-22-2019
We didn't do real great against the run but we played a good game. Jackson got 2 TD's that were the result of plays that were nothing more than just plain LUCK! And one was a push off that didn't get called.

Key parts of the game:

Clark gets the sack at a crucial time
2, not 1 but 2 or even 3(?), 2-pt conversions stopped
Contained a very mobile QB in Jackson
Passing game for the Ravens was mostly luck. Coverage was there all game.

I'm liking what I am seeing so far. Need to tighten it up on the run a bit but the Ravens are a great running team. Keep improving and we have a solid middle of the pack defense.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:48 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Patriots have had garbage time for 3 straight weeks and not given up any TD's.

We keep playing 4th quarters like this and we will get burned eventually....so tighten it up, cut that shit out, and this defense will start looking pretty decent.
Who the fuck have the Pats played? Miami????? WOW!
[Reply]
stumppy 02:49 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Clark and Honeybadger were supposed to change the culture of the defense.....they didn't! This is defense is garbage and were exposed today.

Teams will now run all day and with a better passing QB to seal the deal against our Chiefs.

Xavier Williams is a huge liability out there. Has to be someone on the street right now who can play better then him!
Yea right!:-) Cause the culture this year is a helluva lot worse than previous years.

Considering who and how the Ravens play I'd say they did a good job other than needing to tackle a bit better. But fuck, they were playing against the RB that has most yrds after contact in the last 3 years.(That's what Mitch said)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:49 PM 09-22-2019
I would argue they did that way too fucking soon. We had to get a first down in the last two minutes to seal the win...should have never come to that.

The whole 4th quarter was shit D. 15 points and all kinds of yards given up. It has to get better.

Keep playing with fire and we will get burned.
People always love to say stuff like this as if there's no reason that teams should ever do it.
[Reply]
Bewbies 02:49 PM 09-22-2019
People here would bitch if KC put up 100 and gave up 1 yard on defense.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:50 PM 09-22-2019
I don't think they expected Baltimore to come out running the ball after halftime any more than I do. I mean, they were down 23-6, playing like they were the team with the lead. And, you know what, I'm kind of okay with that. If the Ravens want a 5 minute drive to start the half when they're down 17, then, shit, let em go for it. I thought it was really dumb, at the time. Thought that all they were doing was shortening the game and making it harder on themselves to catch up. And as it turns out, that was the case. They ran out of time.

And the two bombs that padded Jackson's stats in the fourth quarter, one was a PI they got away with and the other one we should've played like it was a hail mary, and not tried to catch it.

The defense did its job, in the end. They forced a FG when they needed to, and they held on the 2 point conversion. They kept them under 30, which is what you need to win with this offense. And shit, not gonna win pretty every week, and that game wasn't nearly as ugly as either the score or the yardage stats made it look.

My takeaways: Need to continue to work on the run defense. We had trouble tackling Ingram today, and I'm not sure why; tackling had been much better in previous games. I thought Thornhill had maybe his toughest game so far, but that's the learning curve for a young safety. On the flip side, I thought this was the first time the Mathieu looked good this season. The coverage is improving every week, across the board. We're starting to see some push from the defensive line on pass plays. We're starting to see a little more creativity with stunts and blitzes.

All in all, we're 3 games into a complete defensive overhaul, both personnel and system, and it's pretty much going exactly like you'd expect. Some good plays, some costly breakdowns.
[Reply]
rydogg58 02:50 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
Clark and Honeybadger were supposed to change the culture of the defense.....they didn't! This is defense is garbage and were exposed today.

Teams will now run all day and with a better passing QB to seal the deal against our Chiefs.

Xavier Williams is a huge liability out there. Has to be someone on the street right now who can play better then him!
Nobody runs the ball better than Baltimore. Did you not see the stat they showed, something like 2200 yards rushing in their last 10 games? I'm pretty confident in our chances against any other team that tries to run and win.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:51 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Have to agree. The defense started off strong but really felt apart in the second half.

This run defense might be worse than Sutton's and now we don't have the pass rushing horses we used to.. The Pats will gash us on the ground.
What?

Dude, not even close.

This run defense is much better than last year's.

EVERY FUCKING RUN last year got 5+ yards. That was what killed us. We still give up long runs too often, but we're done giving teams 2nd and 2 after an 8 yard run on 1st down. I don't care what the average YPC stats say. We're holding runners to less than 2 yards on a given carry far more often than last year. And that's important.

If Spags figures out how to fucking stop giving up these 3rd and longs, we're going to be just fine.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:52 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Ingram is a good back and the Ravens are a legit offense until someone breaks Lamar and he stops being the feature back in their offense. By containing his shifty lil' ass and coming up with a few plays the Chiefs won a game with playoff implications in about 14 more weeks.
Defense grade B-.

Offense looked average at best today. Yeah, they popped a couple big plays but they couldn't run it for 90% of the game. But they did manage 33 points. O-line isn't looking as good as I hoped unless the Ravens and the Raiders d-lines are really that good.
Offense grade C+
I'd agree with that except I'd give the offense a B+
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:52 PM 09-22-2019
BB and Ogbah looked very decent.
[Reply]
bricks 02:53 PM 09-22-2019
I see some improvement but honestly this run D drives me nuts! Im not pleased with how easily its getting shredded. I don’t like how Baltimore easily moved the ball on us there.

Our linebackers man, especially Hitchens need to fight off blocks better and close lanes faster and better.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:53 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
People always love to say stuff like this as if there's no reason that teams should ever do it.
Depends on how much time was left. Gave them too much time today and it almost bit us in the ass. The fact that Harbaugh can't do basic math and constantly went for 2 was a factor in our favor.

There are reasons to play prevent, sure....but you gotta make sure the prevent is burning enough time off of the clock...not enough resistance in our prevent, been that way for a long time. Hope it gets better as the defense gels.
[Reply]
-King- 02:54 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What?

Dude, not even close.

EVERY FUCKING RUN last year got 5+ yards. That was what killed us. We still give up long runs too often, but we're done giving teams 2nd and 2 after an 8 yard run on 1st down. I don't care what the average YPC stats say. We're holding runners to less than 2 yards on a given carry far more often than last year. And that's important.

If Spags figures out how to fucking stop giving up these 3rd and longs, we're going to be just fine.
Dude... we're allowing like 7 yards per carry this year.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:54 PM 09-22-2019
Depends on how much time was left. Gave them too much time today and it almost bit us in the ass. The fact that Harbaugh can't do basic math and constantly went for 2 was a factor in our favor.

There are reasons to play prevent, sure....but you gotta make sure the prevent is burning enough time off of the clock...not enough resistance in our prevent, been that way for a long time. Hope it gets better as the defense gels.
Did we win the game? Do we USUALLY win the game when Andy goes into a shell? Why is that?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:54 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What?

Dude, not even close.

Bro, we're probably giving up upwards of 7 YPC. I'm not polishing this turd- this run defense sucks.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:55 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
I'd agree with that except I'd give the offense a B+
I'd also say playing on a wet field makes a lot of difference on both side of the ball.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up