ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Props to Spags & The D
petegz28 02:23 PM 09-22-2019
We didn't do real great against the run but we played a good game. Jackson got 2 TD's that were the result of plays that were nothing more than just plain LUCK! And one was a push off that didn't get called.

Key parts of the game:

Clark gets the sack at a crucial time
2, not 1 but 2 or even 3(?), 2-pt conversions stopped
Contained a very mobile QB in Jackson
Passing game for the Ravens was mostly luck. Coverage was there all game.

I'm liking what I am seeing so far. Need to tighten it up on the run a bit but the Ravens are a great running team. Keep improving and we have a solid middle of the pack defense.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 02:36 PM 09-22-2019
I thought chiefs might get Ramsey and actually do good on defense with it being home opener and crowd noise.

I picked up the Chiefs defense and started them in fantasy football. Huge mistake. They got 2 points. Lol
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:37 PM 09-22-2019
Was anyone else as pissed as I was watching Sorenson sit in the end zone and allow Lamar Jackson to waltz in for the TD?

Tackling today gets an F grade, for sure. Just no aggression or fundamentals whatsoever.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 02:37 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Good lord you’re annoying.

If you’re gonna bitch about the defense all week, every week, stop acting surprised and bullish when the numbers aren’t super pretty.
Numbers? The can't even tackle, man! They were complete trash today. Period!
[Reply]
Bowser 02:37 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
We allowed 450 yards and 28 points. The defense was fucking trash.
Nah. Baltimore and Jackson are pretty damned good. Ingram got yards when we were expecting pass, which is a good call by them, but this isn't Sutton's defense.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:38 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Also Lamar had at least 4 dropped INTs, essentially he was playing a truly charmed game through blind luck
Yup.

Reminded me a lot of the 2017 game against the Texans where we were in control the whole game and Watson was getting all kinds of lucky bullshit on deep throws.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:38 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
4th quarter they shit the bed and let the Ravens back in the game.

There were a lot of positives in the first 3 quarters.

This is the second time in 3 games the defense has given up 2 TD's in the 4th quarter.

Gotta get better and stop that shit. Defense is lacking a killer instinct right now.
That Jacksonoville game was garbage time shit....so not even going there
[Reply]
DaFace 02:38 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Was anyone else as pissed as I was watching Sorenson sit in the end zone and allow Lamar Jackson to waltz in for the TD?

Tackling today gets an F grade, for sure. Just no aggression or fundamentals whatsoever.
The tackling was crap, I agree, but the lack of aggression was entirely due to them wanting to prevent Jackson making a big play behind them. It is sometimes painful to watch, but it worked.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:38 PM 09-22-2019
Well, the "Lucky Balls" were completed because our defense is just dumb. On that throwback across the field, our DB (can't remember who) was settling under it like a fly ball (cuz it was) and still allows the catch. It was lucky for Jackson that our DB's are stupid. The one on the goal line...fine, looked like OPI but it never should have been completed.

I saw a LOT of piss poor tackling, a lot of guys assuming the tackle was made only to have Ingram go for a few more yards.

Look, I still think the D was better most of the time, but when they were bad, they were lose the game bad. We still roll with our offense and hope the defense won't shit the bed.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:39 PM 09-22-2019
Left some INTS on the field... GET MORE AGGRESSIVE TO THE BALL!!
[Reply]
Frazod 02:39 PM 09-22-2019
Better than last year. Secondary is better. Dline still sucks.

Of course, this is the kind of smashmouth goon squad that we don't really match up with very well. So I'll take it.

Glad we're playing the Lions next week and not the Chargers.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:40 PM 09-22-2019
We still have too many "Ron Parkers" on the defense.

Guys who avoid tackling if they can. Standing around the pile, pulling up like they are trying to avoid a penalty when they are really avoiding the hit.

We are better than last year though. :-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:40 PM 09-22-2019
Ravens have a very good o-line. They get paid to play as well. This new defense, barring injury, is going to improve as the season goes on. And the Chiefs won't have to overcompensate for a top running QB every game either.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:40 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Dirty Dan also should’ve had Ingram stopped on a big first down run, but went in with a cheap shoulder thinking everyone else had him stopped
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 02:41 PM 09-22-2019
Clark and Honeybadger were supposed to change the culture of the defense.....they didn't! This is defense is garbage and were exposed today.

Teams will now run all day and with a better passing QB to seal the deal against our Chiefs.

Xavier Williams is a huge liability out there. Has to be someone on the street right now who can play better then him!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:42 PM 09-22-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
The tackling was crap, I agree, but the lack of aggression was entirely due to them wanting to prevent Jackson making a big play behind them. It is sometimes painful to watch, but it worked.
I can't agree.

They did a really good job of corralling Jackson, no doubt, but I'm specifically talking about tackling the backs. Guys were just putting in piss poor effort, no one was flying to the ball carrier. It's like no one wanted to be the guy to make the tackle. I've seen that in Sutton's defenses for the last couple seasons. It looked a lot like last year.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up