ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Rock is buying the Chiefs on Ballers
ChiefsCountry 09:01 PM 08-25-2019
We have arrived in national spotlight. On Ballers tonight on HBO, the Rock is going to try buy the Chiefs. The storyline is the Hunts are upset over the Tyreek Hill incident and selling the team.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:38 PM 08-26-2019
I guess I just don't smell what The Rock is cooking with this show.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 03:43 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Picture mashing up Entourage and Jerry McGuire. [I mean, it's created/produced by Peter Berg/Mark Wahlberg/Evan Reilly, if that doesn't tell the whole story]

Rock is a former small potato NFLer with promise who injured out before any big glory. His brother killed himself in college at USC due to pressure of high recruits. Rock teams up with a numbers man [Corddry] to try to 'go rogue' in various entrepreneurial ventures around today's sports media landscape.

Player agent
Online media startup
'Xtreem' games talent and product platform

B-stories revolve around clients and former clients, rival agents and former colleagues, power players and nemeses, etc. Always about the next big deal and all the hoops they have to go through to land the contract or deal or company that's vital to expanding their brand.

Same cars, booze, chicks and locales as Entourage. Same 'heart-to-hearts' and dramatic maneuvers as Jerry McGuire. A little light humor about hedonistic shenanigans [cheating, STDs, pregnancy scares, ridiculous shopping/purchases, stupid investments like bitcoin and sports drinks, etc] sprinkled in for variety.

Oh, and the opening credits is one of the view I still sit through every episode. Gets ya hyped.

Really? ...mkay.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:45 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

:-)

The Hunts wan to sell the Chiefs over the Tyreek Hill situation? Really? :-) They couldn't think up a better reason than THAT?

C'mon, who the fuck writes this shit.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 03:45 PM 08-26-2019
Picture mashing up Entourage and Jerry McGuire. [I mean, it's created/produced by Peter Berg/Mark Wahlberg/Evan Reilly, if that doesn't tell the whole story]

Rock is a former small potato NFLer with promise who injured out before any big glory. His brother killed himself in college at USC due to pressure of high recruits. Rock teams up with a numbers man [Corddry] to try to 'go rogue' in various entrepreneurial ventures around today's sports media landscape.

Player agent
Online media startup
'Xtreem' games talent and product platform

B-stories revolve around clients and former clients, rival agents and former colleagues, power players and nemeses, etc. Always about the next big deal and all the hoops they have to go through to land the contract or deal or company that's vital to expanding their brand.

Same cars, booze, chicks and locales as Entourage. Same 'heart-to-hearts' and dramatic maneuvers as Jerry McGuire. A little light humor about hedonistic shenanigans [cheating, STDs, pregnancy scares, ridiculous shopping/purchases, stupid investments like bitcoin and sports drinks, etc] sprinkled in for variety.

Oh, and the opening credits is one of the view I still sit through every episode. Gets ya hyped.

Small potato NFLer? The guy just got inducted into the Hall of Fame on that show. He is a legend not some small time guy. Do you even watch Ballers?
[Reply]
OmahaChief 03:48 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Bon Jovi tried to buy the Buffalo Bills but the owners voted a resounding no.
At least he went out in a Blaze of Glory
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:48 PM 08-26-2019
let's GOOOOOOOO

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:56 PM 08-26-2019
Rock is a former small potato NFLer with promise who injured out before any big glory.
That's not true. Rock's character is a Hall of Famer. He went broke because of bad investment deal in which he blames on his former financial adviser. He got into being a financial adviser to help players not turn out what happened to him.

After that it got a little out there with them bringing the Las Vegas stadium deal, buying some extreme sports company and fighting the NCAA. Now its going full crazy with him trying to buy the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:02 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That’s fucked up that they can use a real storyline like that when it turned out the way it did.
Kind of, yeah
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:16 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
Small potato NFLer? The guy just got inducted into the Hall of Fame on that show. He is a legend not some small time guy. Do you even watch Ballers?
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
That's not true. Rock's character is a Hall of Famer. He went broke because of bad investment deal in which he blames on his former financial adviser. He got into being a financial adviser to help players not turn out what happened to him.

After that it got a little out there with them bringing the Las Vegas stadium deal, buying some extreme sports company and fighting the NCAA. Now its going full crazy with him trying to buy the Chiefs.
Yeah, I don't pay full attention. It's more of a 'fold laundry' show for me than a 'sit down and absorb everything' show.

Guess I keyed more on his injuries cutting his career short and people razzing him about not meeting potential [probably just smack talk], and missed the HoF storyline.

But the sense of the show as it is, as opposed to the main character's backstory, is pretty solid, no? or have I missed that as well?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:04 PM 08-26-2019
Will be interesting for sure to see if they put "the situation" in it's proper context which I doubt they will because very few know the real story nor want to know the real story from a national media prospective. If I am Tyreek I'm watching strictly for a potential "defamation lawsuit" for sure.:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:10 PM 08-26-2019
Yeah, I don't pay full attention. It's more of a 'fold laundry' show for me than a 'sit down and absorb everything' show.

Guess I keyed more on his injuries cutting his career short and people razzing him about not meeting potential [probably just smack talk], and missed the HoF storyline.

But the sense of the show as it is, as opposed to the main character's backstory, is pretty solid, no? or have I missed that as well?
My take from season one he was basically his real life self but with with Julius Peppers' career notoriety.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:15 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Will be interesting for sure to see if they put "the situation" in it's proper context which I doubt they will because very few know the real story nor want to know the real story from a national media prospective. If I am Tyreek I'm watching strictly for a potential "defamation lawsuit" for sure.:-)
If it's true to the formula, the story will be more about the people and institutions The Rock has to seduce [romanticly or Platonicly] in order to close the deal, and the shenanigans of rival bidders, than about the specifics of why the franchise is for sale.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:17 PM 08-26-2019
The Rock could go on the field and deliver an epic 1998ish WWF promo before the AFC champ game.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:26 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
The Rock could go on the field and deliver an epic 1998ish WWF promo before the AFC champ game.
If you SMELLLLL-L-L-L-L-L-L-L what the parking lot is cookin'!!
[Reply]
kchero 06:50 AM 08-27-2019
It would have been funnier if they would have called them “the Clarks” D-Bo style.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up