ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Rock is buying the Chiefs on Ballers
ChiefsCountry 09:01 PM 08-25-2019
We have arrived in national spotlight. On Ballers tonight on HBO, the Rock is going to try buy the Chiefs. The storyline is the Hunts are upset over the Tyreek Hill incident and selling the team.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:14 PM 08-25-2019
I don't need your goddamn help
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:17 PM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't need your goddamn help
you don't need goddamn help, but conveying the message to others who don't want to be pinged by their web provider if they don't have a VPN subscription.
[Reply]
Jamie 12:08 AM 08-26-2019
Ballers uses the NFL teams and logos under fair use. As in, they do it without permission from the NFL. There's been a couple articles written about it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:29 AM 08-26-2019
I watch this show, enjoy it, and think this is fucking hysterical.

"I'm gonna run the motherfucker my way."

FREE PARKING, BITCHES!!
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 01:48 AM 08-26-2019
I welcome our new half-Black, half-Samoan, wrestling overlord and look forward to watching him hoist the next 12 Lombardi Trophies.
Ordering one "The Rock" jersey on NFL.com right now.
[Reply]
007 02:06 AM 08-26-2019
Just wait for the reaction when he cuts Tyreek.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:24 AM 08-26-2019
I'm blissfully ignorant of this show. Is it like some alternate reality thing?
[Reply]
notorious 05:58 AM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Except everything always ends up turning out okay. Everyone ends up being friends and the problem gets solved.

It’s dumb entertainment, shut your brain off when you watch.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:09 AM 08-26-2019
If you like lots of drinking, drug use and hot women flashing their breasts for the camera, you'll enjoy the show.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:23 AM 08-26-2019
Bon Jovi tried to buy the Buffalo Bills but the owners voted a resounding no.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:31 PM 08-26-2019
Entourage but football centric
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:58 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Entourage but football centric
Picture mashing up Entourage and Jerry McGuire. [I mean, it's created/produced by Peter Berg/Mark Wahlberg/Evan Reilly, if that doesn't tell the whole story]

Rock is a former small potato NFLer with promise who injured out before any big glory. His brother killed himself in college at USC due to pressure of high recruits. Rock teams up with a numbers man [Corddry] to try to 'go rogue' in various entrepreneurial ventures around today's sports media landscape.

Player agent
Online media startup
'Xtreem' games talent and product platform

B-stories revolve around clients and former clients, rival agents and former colleagues, power players and nemeses, etc. Always about the next big deal and all the hoops they have to go through to land the contract or deal or company that's vital to expanding their brand.

Same cars, booze, chicks and locales as Entourage. Same 'heart-to-hearts' and dramatic maneuvers as Jerry McGuire. A little light humor about hedonistic shenanigans [cheating, STDs, pregnancy scares, ridiculous shopping/purchases, stupid investments like bitcoin and sports drinks, etc] sprinkled in for variety.

Oh, and the opening credits is one of the view I still sit through every episode. Gets ya hyped.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:23 PM 08-26-2019
That's garbage :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:26 PM 08-26-2019
You know you at the top when only heaven's right above it
[Reply]
tatorhog 03:35 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Is Clark still lawyered up VS. the State of New Mexico? Don't know if that whole thing has ever been resolved or not....
If I remember right, I read that he settled for basically peanuts compared to what it was supposedly over.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up