ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign FA CB Mo Claiborne
Dante84 11:04 AM 08-08-2019
Per Terez

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with free agent CB Mo Claiborne, a source tells me. He’s flying out to K.C. tonight.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:09 PM 08-08-2019
I think the thing with defenses now is that you just have to have 11 guys that are atleast NFL solid players.

You can't have black holes and have it be covered up by stars. The best defenses in the league just have dudes everywhere. Dallas has an abundance of asskickers. The Bears, the Eagles are loaded up front.

I actually think our defense could be very Eagles like this year. Just have to maul everyone up front.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 03:09 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The defensive overhaul looks damn impressive when you look at it on paper.

Mathieu
Clark
Thornhill
Okafor
Ogbah
Saunders
Lee
Wilson
Claiborne

I'm sure there's another guy or two in there that I'm missing but that's a ton of guys with solid floors and decent ceilings to boot. In real time it seemed underwhelming but when you look at the body of work and the number of contributors that have been added to that side of the ball, expecting a real step forward suddenly becomes pretty reasonable.
Breeland
Attaochu
[Reply]
O.city 03:10 PM 08-08-2019
Says the person that wants to trade every draft pick we have for every broke-dick or malcontent demanding a contract extension...
Well, that's like, your opinion.

I am a sucker for a reclamation project I guess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:14 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Breeland
Attaochu
There ya go.

Throw those two in there and you can literally field an entire 3rd down/nickel group comprised of new players.

Veach did some friggen work this offseason.
[Reply]
sedated 03:16 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Being a cornerback in the modern NFL is like signing up to be the backup center for the Washington Generals. I think the shortage will get worse over time because no one will enjoy playing a position where the rules are designed to make them look bad.
People still play RB even though it's a one way ticket to CTE and the NFL treats them like trash.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 08-08-2019
Claiborne probably isn't. Breeland's less 'better' and more 'different' - better suited to this scheme but not likely to provide an obvious upgrade on Nelson.

Y'all just never accepted the fact that Nelson was easily an average NFL starter and in all likelihood significantly better than that.

Some folks haven't adjusted to the new normal in this league.

But I say all that to circle back to where I've been a dozen times here - the problem with that defensive backfield was a black hole at CB2 (Scandrick) that was always available when the QB needed it and a complete lack of safety help.

If Breeland can be simply as good as Nelson and Ward can prove to be an average CB2 while the safeties stay healthy, this unit will be light years improved.
The biggest thing being we won't have Ron Parker back there letting guys run right by him. If these safeties can manage to keep the play in front of them the secondary will look a lot better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The biggest thing being we won't have Ron Parker back there letting guys run right by him. If these safeties can manage to keep the play in front of them the secondary will look a lot better.
It's difficult to overstate how fucking awful Ron Parker was, man...
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 08-08-2019
If you guys wanna get really weird...

What if Khalen Saunders really takes off and is Gino Atkins lite? That would be awesome.
[Reply]
FAX 03:23 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you guys wanna get really weird...

What if Khalen Saunders really takes off and is Gino Atkins lite? That would be awesome.
If he performs well, we would just trade him along with a couple of picks.

So let's just hope he's merely serviceable.

FAX
[Reply]
O.city 03:28 PM 08-08-2019
I would really like it if another good corner would shake loose somewhere though that we could bring in.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:32 PM 08-08-2019
I really like this deal because we obviously needed more depth In the CB group but also I like it because this is an experienced guy who had a decent season last year and is still only 29 unlike Scandrick who was 32 and way beyond his peak. Having the likes of Breeland and Mo out there at least gives us two guys who have seen it all already. I have high hopes for Ward but remember when we had him and Smith debuting against the Seahawks? We can't afford to have that happen again. With better safety play (hopefully) and experienced corners we should be in a much better position this season to defend the pass better. The Pats always seem to find a way to take what is deemed "average players" and fit them into their system so why can't we? Let's go Mo!!.
[Reply]
O.city 03:35 PM 08-08-2019
The Pats also developed and played IIRC a rookie UDFA at CB last year, so if Mark Fields could do that, it would be nice.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:36 PM 08-08-2019
It's difficult to overstate how fucking awful Ron Parker was, man...
The best description I’ve read of him (I think it was on here):

Ron Parker was the Venus de Milo of tackling
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:46 PM 08-08-2019
It's difficult to overstate how ****ing awful Ron Parker was, man...
correct. slow, poor awareness, etc.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:47 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Pats also developed and played IIRC a rookie UDFA at CB last year, so if Mark Fields could do that, it would be nice.
I love the idea of developing the young talent. The salary cap dictates that you basically have to.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up