ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign FA CB Mo Claiborne
Dante84 11:04 AM 08-08-2019
Per Terez

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with free agent CB Mo Claiborne, a source tells me. He’s flying out to K.C. tonight.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Yeah same here. I don't think it's a bad move but when no team in the league seems to want the guy and he finally signs for just 1.5M, that tells me he is not well regarded around the league. I would compare this move to signing Scandrick last year.

Now, if Veach has plans to trade for a good CB either before the season or after a few games if he sees that the corners are clearly overmatched, it's all good to me.
Claiborne is probably as good as Veach can get at this point until the trade deadline, which honestly doesn’t yield great players very often.

Claiborne is very experienced and is a decent starting corner last year who had a career year. That’s much better than a rookie or question mark player.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on a really good corner being available until after the season is over.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:31 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
why is everyone in a panic? this feels like number 4 corner stuff all day.
{reads thread}
{reads thread again}
{runs thread through google translate and re-reads thread in non-native tongue}

Dude...who's in a panic?

Everyone seems to be somewhere between optimistic or ambivalent.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:32 PM 08-08-2019
I’m gonna also have to say, with Mathieu and Thornhill the Chiefs should have some really good safety play and that will ease some of our concerns at CB. I think it could be similar to what Philly had a couple years ago in that sense.

If it ends up being Fuller/Breeland/Claiborne, that should be just fine in this scheme IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 12:36 PM 08-08-2019
I’m curious at how else they were supposed to improve the cb spot?

If you wanted a real big name or something that time was in March or April
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:40 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m curious at how else they were supposed to improve the cb spot?

If you wanted a real big name or something that time was in March or April

Yep so really the only opportunities moving forward would be a big trade or hope a decent CB gets cut because of money. Otherwise we roll with what we have for now.
[Reply]
tyton75 12:45 PM 08-08-2019
Veach pulled Charvarious Ward out of Dallas at the end of camp last year. Dude is pretty good!

There is no downside to this move and I'm not putting it passed Veach to do something else at the end of camp.
[Reply]
okiedokieokoye 12:54 PM 08-08-2019
Week 1 Jacksonville---Don't need him.
Week 2 Oakland--Ha ha!
Week 3 Ravens--More worried about their run game..
Week 4 Detroit--Stafford could light us up, but not overly worried about the rest of that team.

I think we'll be good. Just in time for Luck and the Colts in week 5.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:57 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Yeah same here. I don't think it's a bad move but when no team in the league seems to want the guy and he finally signs for just 1.5M, that tells me he is not well regarded around the league. I would compare this move to signing Scandrick last year.

Now, if Veach has plans to trade for a good CB either before the season or after a few games if he sees that the corners are clearly overmatched, it's all good to me.
I'm guessing many teams don't want him because he's out the first four games. That isn't going to matter as much to us and also figured into the discount, I imagine.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:58 PM 08-08-2019
Good now go sign Patrick Peterson and we can put the old LSU Defense back together.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:02 PM 08-08-2019
Where’s OKchiefs? Does he still think Veach doesn’t see the need at corner?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:02 PM 08-08-2019
There were the rumors of Josh Norman being cut but I just can't see that happening when if they suck people will get fired.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:19 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Where’s OKchiefs? Does he still think Veach doesn’t see the need at corner?
Outside of trading for a nickle corner Veach's biggest additions at cornerback in 2 years as GM have been Scandrick and now Clairborne. Yes, I'm sure he really sees the need and has adequately addressed the position. With almost zero cap room going into next season and everyone but Ward hitting free agency I'm also INCREDIBLY confident that Veach will be able to adequately address the position for next season. It seems like a GREAT idea to paint yourself into a corner (pun intended) of having to count on a rookie cornerback to produce right away. But knowing Veach he'll still find a way to wait until day 3 to draft a cornerback with a quote later of "The board just didn't work out our way so we took a 6'1" 290 lb fatass DE/DT tweener again.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:31 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Outside of trading for a nickle corner Veach's biggest additions at cornerback in 2 years as GM have been Scandrick and now Clairborne. Yes, I'm sure he really sees the need and has adequately addressed the position. With almost zero cap room going into next season and everyone but Ward hitting free agency I'm also INCREDIBLY confident that Veach will be able to adequately address the position for next season. It seems like a GREAT idea to paint yourself into a corner (pun intended) of having to count on a rookie cornerback to produce right away. But knowing Veach he'll still find a way to wait until day 3 to draft a cornerback with a quote later of "The board just didn't work out our way so we took a 6'1" 290 lb fatass DE/DT tweener again.
Ummm no. We tried to sign Kyle Fuller last year, but it didn’t work out because he was tagged. We traded for Ward, who could be a solid starter if he picks up where he left off last year. We signed Breeland this offseason. He clearly was hoping for Murphy or Ya-Sin to fall into a range where we could trade up. It’s not his fault that we’ve had two weak FA/draft corner classes to pick from the last two years. The only way you can come to the conclusions you have is if you ignore all of this stuff, which you continue to do because you’re a fucking moron.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:35 PM 08-08-2019
Seems like Veach tried to trade for a corner, but the ones he wants aren’t budging on demands, so he went with the low risk high reward guy in Mo. Veach mentioned a couple months ago trying to re-visit some trade opportunities once camps got going and to me this signing is an indication that those teams didn’t want to move them for reasonable compensation.

Fuller
Ward
Breeland
Claiborne
Fields
Wade/Fenton/someone not currently on roster
[Reply]
Buckweath 01:39 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ummm no. We tried to sign Kyle Fuller last year, but it didn’t work out because he was tagged. We traded for Ward, who could be a solid starter if he picks up where he left off last year. We signed Breeland this offseason. He clearly was hoping for Murphy or Ya-Sin to fall into a range where we could trade up. It’s not his fault that we’ve had two weak free agent and draft corner classes to pick from the last two years. The only way you can come to the conclusions you have is if you ignore all of this stuff, which you continue to do because you’re a ****ing moron.
Veach has to do something.

It might not have been a strong FA crop but there were still players to be had. Veach could have made a stronger push for Ronald Darby for example.

All in all, I've got no problem with him not drafting any CB high but now I really hope that he understands that the CB position could make or break this team. The CB position could literally ruin a SB run and I don't care that the safeties are good.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up