ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign FA CB Mo Claiborne
Dante84 11:04 AM 08-08-2019
Per Terez

The Chiefs have agreed to terms with free agent CB Mo Claiborne, a source tells me. He’s flying out to K.C. tonight.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:07 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
He was such a bust for the Cowgirls. I didn’t follow him after he left Dallas. I hope we can get something out of him.
Yep. Honeybadger is our only hope to get something out of him.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:10 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
Excellent signing
I disagree but Veach is praying for the Honeybadger LSU effect to take hold. This is a desperate move IMHO.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:13 PM 08-08-2019
I like the move. Teams have been shying away from him because of the four-game suspension. If it wasn't for that, he would have been signed long ago.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:15 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
The Chiefs have agreed to sign free agent cornerback Morris Claiborne, according to Terez A. Paylor of Yahoo Sports (Twitter link). Claiborne will get a one-year deal worth up to $1.5MM, per Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (Twitter link).
Also $1.5m in incentives for up to $3m possible.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:19 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Teams have been shying away from him because of the four-game suspension. If it wasn't for that, he would have been signed long ago.
Nah, if he was all that to your point he would have been signed a long time ago "in spite of" a 4 game suspension. Teams aren't afraid of small suspensions IF the player can just flat out "ball" especially at the CB position. Just saying.:-)
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:29 PM 08-08-2019
I don’t have much faith MC but he is a body and going into the season with Breeland, ward and a ufa as a choices on the outside, it’s a no brainer signing given the cap room. There doesn’t seem like there was a lot of options out there via trade right now. This defense is gonna come down to the d line and safety play being great.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:55 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I agree with your original post. This is Scandrick part II. He never has embraced the intellectual side of playing CB in the NFL. No instincts at the professional level whatsoever. Dallas finally gave up on him and so did the Jets. If he was all that Jets would have kept him. Rumor has it that he is "dumb as a box of rocks" and chooses to stay that way wanting to play corner like he is still in college. Maybe "honey badger" can crawl up his ass a bit and force the issue of becoming more disciplined and playing smarter is all I can hope for at this point.

I don't like this signing because it shows how desperate we are at the CB position. OCs will definitely know how to attack him for sure.
Tbh you sound incredibly bitter and ignorant smh. Yeah, he's gonna play in the NFL for several years without the ability to grasp schemes and coverage's right?...MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:14 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Jason Verrett is already injured and won’t play in the preseason.
Man that sucks. He has so much talent. Hard to think of many other promising careers completely decimated by injuries any more than his has been. I was hoping we'd get him, then hoping it would work out for him in SF.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:42 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Tbh you sound incredibly bitter and ignorant smh. Yeah, he's gonna play in the NFL for several years without the ability to grasp schemes and coverage's right?...MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! :-)
GMs have huge egos and especially with their picks in the 1st rd that MUST "ball" and why they gave him 5yrs to hopefully mature his NFL game and MC never even came close to "1st rd NFL CB balling". You obviously don't have "football eyes" thus probably never played the game.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:45 PM 08-08-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
GMs have huge egos and especially with their picks in the 1st rd that MUST "ball" and why they gave him 5yrs to hopefully mature his NFL game and MC never even came close to "1st rd NFL CB balling". You obviously don't have "football eyes" thus probably never played the game.
So Veach, Reid, Spags etc, the guys who signed him up, are less intelligent than YOU when it comes to this game? Is that what you're saying? :-)
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 09:46 PM 08-08-2019
So players miss out on salary while suspended.

But veteran's base salary is guaranteed.

So do Chiefs save 25%-ish of his guaranteed salary during his suspension? Does it count against the cap?

Capologists? What say you?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:28 PM 08-08-2019
He seems to be able to make open field tackles. That would be nice for games 5-SB...
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:52 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
So players miss out on salary while suspended.

But veteran's base salary is guaranteed.

So do Chiefs save 25%-ish of his guaranteed salary during his suspension? Does it count against the cap?

Capologists? What say you?
This came from an older 2015 cbssports,com story but the figures are close to what's happening with Morris Claiborne so I will post.

Originally Posted by :
The actual cost of a suspension of the same length for two players with the same offense is usually different because of salary and contract structure. For example, a player suspended four games for performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) with a $1.7 million base salary costs twice as much as a player with the same PED suspension that has an $850,000 base salary. The first player will lose $400,000, or 4/17ths of his base salary. Whereas 4/17ths of the second player's base salary is $200,000.

The teams of the players will get a salary cap credit in the current season for the amount of the suspensions.

Other salary components can be at risk with suspensions. Teams can recoup the same proportion of the prorated amount of a player's signing bonus as he's losing in base salary. If the first player in the previous example had $1.275 million of signing bonus proration, he would be out an additional $300,000 because his team would also recover 4/17ths of the proration. The total cost of his suspension would be $700,000.

Teams are required under the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) to recoup signing bonuses for PED and substance-abuse suspensions.

[Reply]
YontsRBake 09:56 AM 08-09-2019
This signing has far more upside than Breeland.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:13 AM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
This signing has far more upside than Breeland.
I wouldn’t go that far.

But if you get the best versions of both players that we’ve seen yet to date, it’ll be very hard to keep the Chiefs out of the Super Bowl this year.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 18
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up