ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Would you consider Josh Jacobs at 29?
staylor26 07:56 PM 02-05-2019
Just got done watching his tape, and I’d have to say I’d be tempted. Normally I’m against a RB in the 1st, but this guy truly has elite upside. He runs very hard, he’s quick with good speed, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and is damgerous in space, and he can block/pass protect very well. He has some ridiculous blocks in his highlight video.

Would you trade our 1st for a guy like Kamara on a 4 year rookie contract with the 5th year option? That’s incredible value that we’re honestly unlikely to get at corner or safety all the way down at 29 for instance.

I still probably wouldn’t do it, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t consider it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:57 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If the board is that bare, they've set it wrong.

Year after year we see RB's come from late in the draft. Why would we take one that early.
Late rd RB’s are not Josh Jacobs. Most of them are 1 dimensional. Phillip Lindsay nor Damien Williams can be tough, tackle breaking between the tackle runners. Spencer Ware was slow.

Jacobs is a faster Kareem Hunt, and in an offensive league, he’s what could put us over the top.

This offense struggled at times without Kareem. I really don’t want to put it all on Pat to have to pull miracles out of his ass every time.

Again Jacobs isn’t my first choice, but this offense would be in god mode with him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Late rd RB’s are not Josh Jacobs. Most of them are 1 dimensional. Phillip Lindsay nor Damien Williams can be tough, tackle breaking between the tackle runners. Spencer Ware was slow.

Jacobs is a faster Kareem Hunt, and in an offensive league, he’s what could put us over the top.

This offense struggled at times without Kareem. I really don’t want to put it all on Pat to have to pull miracles out of his ass every time.

Again Jacobs isn’t my first choice, but this offense would be in god mode with him.
Pat pulled off just as many miracles WITH Hunt as he did without. The "need" is overblown.
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Was Kareem one dimensional? How about Kamara? The list is long man. You don't need an all world back.

The Rams had a non dimensional RB. Still had to put it on the QB to win.

It's a QB league, the Chiefs have the best one going right now and we want to take the ball out of his hands more? No thanks.

If you want to help Pat, build up the OL, get the defense better, get him more pass catching weapons, then improve the RB spot if you want.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:17 PM 02-06-2019
dude. NO. As bad as our defense was, and people want a RB in the first?
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
dude. NO. As bad as our defense was, and people want a RB in the first?
It's not even that for me. If they want to take a TE or a WR or an OL in the first, go for it. Make a strength stronger.

I'm just not ever going to take a RB that early.
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 02-06-2019
I dont' think Jordan Howard really fits what Nagy wants, I might call them up and see if they'd take a 5th for him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:35 PM 02-06-2019
It's not even that for me. If they want to take a TE or a WR or an OL in the first, go for it. Make a strength stronger.

I'm just not ever going to take a RB that early.
This.
[Reply]
Chargem 02:36 PM 02-06-2019
Hell no to a RB in the first, probably no matter what the situation is nevermind the Chiefs actual situation on defense this coming year.

Just to add another reason why it is never right to draft a RB in the 1st, on top of all of the other ones people already mentioned, is do you trust a rookie RB to pick up blitzes on third down at an NFL level? If he fails at that you're putting Pat at risk, or the alternative is your 1st round pick is a 2 down back his first year plus. No thanks.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:17 PM 02-06-2019
It depends, if they have a really good FA period it could be an option.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:58 PM 02-06-2019
No.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:23 PM 02-06-2019
Not enough of a body of work on Jacobs to merit using a 1st on him. It is great that he is low mileage, but he ran by committee behind one of the nation’s best offensive units. Too many unknowns, and not enough talent differential to a lot of guys you can get on Day 2/3.
[Reply]
O.city 08:40 PM 02-06-2019
I’d take the kid from OU later and hope he stays healthy
[Reply]
T-post Tom 02:14 AM 02-07-2019
NO no NO
[Reply]
LanTera 05:33 AM 02-07-2019
I just hope no
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:40 AM 02-07-2019
If the board is that bare, they've set it wrong.

Year after year we see RB's come from late in the draft. Why would we take one that early.
Because it's been proven that the vast majority of the elite rb's playing today were taken in the first round. Hunt and Kamara seem to have given folks the false notion that it's easy to get a very good rb in the later rounds but there's a big difference between "elite" and "good" imo.

As for the question. Yes, i'd do it if we are getting the next Zeke/Gurley/Bell/Gordon etc. Becaise as much as the defense needs help, I think the offesnse needs some pieces too just to keep it at a high level for next year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up