ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Patriot defense
RaidersOftheCellar 04:57 PM 09-22-2019
Are we concerned yet?

There appears to be significant improvement.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:19 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Collins was a great player in NE before he left. He had 100+ tackles and 4 sacks last year in Cleveland.

He absolutely is a difference maker. That’s how Bill pressures offenses....through his LB’s. That’s a big part of how he stalled us for an entire half twice.
I love when you think you’re educating somebody on something when you’re not.

I know who the fuck Jamie Collins is. He’s not going to be the difference in them stopping this offense. Just stop.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:22 PM 09-23-2019
The game between us and the Pats will come down to 2 things:
This game will come down to how the NY officiating office manages close plays.

If they give NE calls that no other team gets...they will win until the NFL decides to stop.

Thats just the bottom line truth....
[Reply]
RunKC 01:36 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I love when you think you’re educating somebody on something when you’re not.

I know who the **** Jamie Collins is. He’s not going to be the difference in them stopping this offense. Just stop.
Didn’t say he would be the difference. I said they got better, which you are acting like I’m saying we have no shot of beating them, which isn’t true.

Bill utilizes his LB’s against top offenses. Like Van Noy sacking Pat twice in the AFCCG? How about Hightower getting pick off Pat in NE and then forcing his other pick before the half due to a delayed blitz?

Its okay to say they got better dude. So did we.
[Reply]
Ghost002! 01:37 PM 09-23-2019
Collins was a great player in NE before he left. He had 100+ tackles and 4 sacks last year in Cleveland.

He absolutely is a difference maker. That’s how Bill pressures offenses....through his LB’s. That’s a big part of how he stalled us for an entire half twice.

Ok and how many times BB beat Reid. Including the SB w philly?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM 09-23-2019
Didn’t say he would be the difference. I said they got better, which you are acting like I’m saying we have no shot of beating them, which isn’t true.

Bill utilizes his LB’s against top offenses. Like Van Noy sacking Pat twice in the AFCCG? How about Hightower getting pick off Pat in NE and then forcing his other pick before the half due to a delayed blitz?

Its okay to say they got better dude. So did we.
And I never said they haven’t gotten better. I just don’t see how they’ve gotten so much better that we now need to be concerned (the subject of this thread).

Robinson/Hardman/McCoy along with Pat’s improvement and experience severely outweighs Collins and Winovich.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:38 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Robinson/Hardman/McCoy along with Pat’s improvement and experience severely outweighs Collins and Winovich.
Matheau/Thornhill/Lee/Breeland/Ogbah...potentially Claibourne. They lost Gronk, Hogan and their center.

Nothing the refs cant fix...but Chiefs got a lot better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:41 PM 09-23-2019
It's impossible to say with any degree of accuracy whether the Patriots defense is better, the same, or worse than last year, based on the season so far.

This season the Patriots played the Steelers, the Jets, and the Dolphins. Through Week 3 these three teams have managed to produce SEVEN (7) touchdowns total. And I believe at least one of those was on defense. Mahomes has 10 passing TDs by himself. I'm pretty sure that Sammy Watkins has more TDs that one of these teams.

The Patriots defense has done nothing that any top-15 or 16 defensive unit couldn't accomplish.

And last year the Patriots only managed to stop the Chiefs for two halves. In the second half of both games the Chiefs came back both times from double-digit deficits, and took the lead from the vaunted Bill Belichick defense on both occasions, lost the lead, and then took it back. Immaturity lost Mahomes the first game (he was 23), and a set of terrible penalties and bad luck (or if you prefer Scandrick's bad hands) cost the Chiefs the second. And last year the Chiefs defense was the worst in the league.

Bill knows full well which team he has to fear, because it's the only team in recent memory that has confounded him so completely and consistently. It's the reason he tried to get AB out of pure desperation. It's why he's changed his offensive philosophy to a sub-2 second passing game. He's trying to arrange his team to defeat the Chiefs.

Based on the facts available to this point, Bill better hope his defense is significantly better, or his team will be blown out by the Chiefs come December.
[Reply]
Ghost002! 03:25 PM 09-23-2019
No the Pats defense has done nothing.. just the same unit that held a top rank offense In the SB to just 3 points

But we are going to focus on the first 3 games of a 16 game season..when anyone who watches football would tell you around week 6..is where you get a good idea of what teams are.

I must of missed the top rank opp. The chiefs played the first 3 weeks and how they just held them to 3 point while dropping 50 on them..
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:34 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Ghost002!:
No the Pats defense has done nothing.. just the same unit that held a top rank offense In the SB to just 3 points

But we are going to focus on the first 3 games of a 16 game season..when anyone who watches football would tell you around week 6..is where you get a good idea of what teams are.

I must of missed the top rank opp. The chiefs played the first 3 weeks and how they just held them to 3 point while dropping 50 on them..
Read the OP; we're talking about the first three weeks of the season, kiddo.

And who dropped 50 on who this season?

Whatever. What I do see is that the Patriots defense played Miami (dumpster fire), the Jets (another dumpster fire), and the Steelers. Offensively, these three teams have managed to score just six offensive TDs between them in three weeks. Hardly what anyone could call good offenses. As for their defenses, again these three teams are among the worst defenses in the league.

Meanwhile, according to the stats, recent history, and the professional analysts, the Chiefs have beaten two of the top-5 defenses in the league and the Raiders, who were considered legitimate playoff contenders going into the game. Much tougher competition than anything the Patriots have faced thus far.

In fact, the Patriots won't face anything tougher than a "home-coming" schedule until week 9 or something like that. It's essentially the equivalent of Bama playing South Dakota State U. for eight weeks.

Who're the Chiefs playing, you ask?

Detroit (possible playoff team)
Indianapolis (playoff team)
Houston (playoff team)
Denver
GB ( possible playoff team)
Minnesota (playoff team)
Tenn (playoff team)
LAC (playoff team)

And we've beaten every team on the list. Oh, and Detroit has a good defense, Indy ditto, Houston another top 10 defense, Denver a middle tier defense, GB good defense, Minnesota possibly top-5 defense, etc.

We aren't playing a cupcake defense until we see the Raiders again in December.

So you can stop with the "how great the NE defense is now" bit until you actually have to play anyone that actually plays offense. We'll return to the subject after that.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up