ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>This is how bad our CB corps is, and what I think we should do.
Direckshun 11:44 PM 09-09-2019
I think our CB corps is terrible. Ward is atrocious, and Fuller is merely average -- not the stud we thought we were getting in the Alex Smith trade.

Bashaud Breeland looks alright. Morris Claiborne, who knows.

And besides, three of those players -- all except Ward, the worst of the bunch -- are free agents in the upcoming offseason.

My suggestion? Let them all walk. Breeland, maybe, if the price is right, but it won't be because Steven Nelson got 10/year and the NFL has lost its mind with corners. Let them all walk.

So, we're going to need a cheap injection of talent with the 2020 Mahomes contract coming down the pipeline.

The Draft.

Now, if we're smart, we can spin Sammy Watkins into a pick, and if we're not going to sign Chris Jones (as I don't think we will), we can spin him into a couple picks, a la Frank Clark. So we're going to have options, and probably multiple firsts if we don't trade our 1st rounder away this year.

We should seriously consider spending our top pick on DT to replace Jones, and then burn at least two of the next picks on CB. I'm thinking a late 1st and a mid-2nd, depending on where the 49ers end up in the draft order.

I think we should dip back into the CB pool in the midrounds, and sign at least one veteran. My suggestion is Chris Harris, who will be on the downslope of his career (which makes him cheap), but is still talented, and could be able to coach up a bunch of the young talents next to him.

Our 2020 CB depth chart would be: Harris, the 1st rounder, the 2nd rounder, Ward, a midrounder, and Fenton

What would you do to fix the CB situation?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:51 AM 12-28-2019
"Ward is atrocious"

dumbest post of 2019
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:11 PM 04-07-2020
CBS Mock Draft First Round

Great watch

https://youtu.be/u2Q4OUi0ECE

CB Noah Igbinoghene
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2