ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>The Rock is buying the Chiefs on Ballers
ChiefsCountry 09:01 PM 08-25-2019
We have arrived in national spotlight. On Ballers tonight on HBO, the Rock is going to try buy the Chiefs. The storyline is the Hunts are upset over the Tyreek Hill incident and selling the team.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 08:01 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Yeah, I don't pay full attention. It's more of a 'fold laundry' show for me than a 'sit down and absorb everything' show.

Guess I keyed more on his injuries cutting his career short and people razzing him about not meeting potential [probably just smack talk], and missed the HoF storyline.

But the sense of the show as it is, as opposed to the main character's backstory, is pretty solid, no? or have I missed that as well?
It's a pretty solid show overall. Nothing too spectacular (with the exception of some of the women) but nothing really dumb. The rest of what you posted was accurate as to the storyline.
[Reply]
OmahaChief 08:04 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If it's true to the formula, the story will be more about the people and institutions The Rock has to seduce [romanticly or Platonicly] in order to close the deal, and the shenanigans of rival bidders, than about the specifics of why the franchise is for sale.
It appears it is going to be a racial thing from the owners side. He is going to be the first minority owner but the old boys network does not want him to be an owner..with the exception of the guy that plans Jerry Jones. I hope that is not want it is all about as that will take away from a lot of the fun that the show can be. Would prefer a light hearted last season and not one mired in racial issues.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:22 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by OmahaChief:
It appears it is going to be a racial thing from the owners side. He is going to be the first minority owner but the old boys network does not want him to be an owner..with the exception of the guy that plans Jerry Jones. I hope that is not want it is all about as that will take away from a lot of the fun that the show can be. Would prefer a light hearted last season and not one mired in racial issues.
What made you think this was going to be a racial thing? In prior seasons the guy has burned bridges with just about everyone including attempting to sue the NFL, so I feel they have a lot of stuff to work with outside of anything racial.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:52 AM 08-27-2019
Rashard Mendenhall, former Steelers running back, is a writer for quite a few of the episodes.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:48 PM 09-22-2019
Clay tonight's episode has some good Mahomes talk. You could use it on some of your videos.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up