ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 52
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs
RunKC 08:36 PM 03-14-2024

A new weapon for Patrick Mahomes: Former Ravens and Cardinals WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per sources.

During is final season in Baltimore in 2021, Brown had 91 catches for 1,008 yards and six touchdowns. During… pic.twitter.com/oGD82iazKb

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:35 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's my rookie keeper in fantasy :-)

I always have Chase and AJ Brown :-)
I've got Mahomes, Achane and Rice as my keepers.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I've got Mahomes, Achane and Rice as my keepers.
That's fap worthy.

I also have James Cook, who I think could be an RB1 next year.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:39 PM 03-14-2024
Nobody is going to have the balls to say it?

I will.

Xavier Legette would compliment this WR room perfectly.
He may have a higher upside than McConkey, but really struggles against press man and is far from a good route runner at this point. Not saying he couldn't get better, but he wouldn't be ready in Reid's offense year 1. We get mad at guys running the wrong route and not being where they are supposed to be and we would need to be patient. Again, he may have a better long term upside, but it would be great to get someone who can contribute right away with a much higher floor. McConkey is the most plug and play guy in our draft slot. I would be fine with Legette, but his higher upside would take some time to get there and it would most likely not be in 2024.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:40 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
you can't find too many WR's in the NFL that put up over 900 yards in their rookie season and then drop off. They usually become great to hall of fame players.
900 yards in essentially 10 games since Reid barely played rice the first 8 weeks
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:42 PM 03-14-2024
Hold on so we get MVSs replacement for less than MVS? Lol
[Reply]
Womble 10:42 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Just searched your post for the past week and can't find where you STATED who you would take, so just say it, so it's here, on the record. Is it Legette?

I said Sky Moore would be in camp because he's cheap. Best case scenario for him is that he's a WR 5-6, if he's not cut.
Legette & Franklin. I don't buy the Georgia like to spread the yards excuse either. Teams in the NFL with a legit top 10 WR don't do that, and by being drafted in the 1st we're saying McConkey is a legit top college WR. Don't buy it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
He may have a higher upside than McConkey, but really struggles against press man and is far from a good route runner at this point. Not saying he couldn't get better, but he wouldn't be ready in Reid's offense year 1. We get mad at guys running the wrong route and not being where they are supposed to be and we would need to be patient. Again, he may have a better long term upside, but it would be great to get someone who can contribute right away with a much higher floor. McConkey is the most plug and play guy in our draft slot. I would be fine with Legette, but his higher upside would take some time to get there and it would most likely not be in 2024.
I'm not advocating for taking him at 32. He's probably gone before 64. Just making an observation.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:47 PM 03-14-2024
I'm not advocating for taking him at 32. He's probably gone before 64. Just making an observation.
I think he'll be in striking distance of 64 though at least. So if the Chiefs really want him...
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I think he'll be in striking distance of 64 though at least. So if the Chiefs really want him...
Possibly.

This WR class is deep into early round 3. I wouldn't be shocked.

That's the beauty of adding Hollywood. No pressure to do it in round 1. Just identify your guy like they did with Rice and get him.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:49 PM 03-14-2024
My hope is Worthy gets over drafted and Thomas falls to striking distance for us and the Chiefs make that move.

Worthy would be a fantastic addition for all the reasons discussed, but Thomas is a more complete receiver.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 10:52 PM 03-14-2024
Well, that's cheap and not much risked. Not super excited about the signing but the cost is really reasonable
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:52 PM 03-14-2024
Lmao what a W by Bart Fleece once again.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 10:53 PM 03-14-2024

Hollywood Brown is a Talent that’s been misused since he’s been in the NFL

I’m looking forward to seeing him flourish with the chiefs

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant)
March 15, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:53 PM 03-14-2024
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
Hold on so we get MVSs replacement for less than MVS? Lol
A faster, cheaper and better MVS.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:59 PM 03-14-2024
Bills fan fiction:

Originally Posted by :
Veteran
78thealltimegreat
Posted 1 hour ago
I think the Chiefs wanted Samuel and pivoted to Brown when Curtis signed. Curtis is a more complete receiver and Hollywood is more a vertical threat.

Both signed for about the same amount of money difference was probably Curtis got 3 years when the Chiefs probably wanted less.

I’ll take it Curtis is a better receiver and Hollywood does what the Chiefs were looking for.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 52
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up