Wong 2B
Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
rico 01:16 AM 04-04-2018
I really wanted Flaherty to get his first MLB win. One of my favorite prospects in a long time...I remember when we drafted him with that compensation pick we got for Beltran...my dad looked up a bunch of clips/info on him and I was blown away. I hope he stays on the roster this year...5 innings, 9 K’s, gave up 6 hits, only gave up 1 run...not bad.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:13 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
Motherfuckers.

Does Holland blow that?
He does if Matheny tries to make him go two innings.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:04 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
Motherfuckers.

Does Holland blow that?
Hicks doesn't. He's the real deal.

But, I dont blame Matheny for not using him. He's 21. Pitched in "A" ball last year. He pitched 2 days in a row. First day was 2 innings. Hick's is looking like a bonafide stud. 3 days in a row, this early in the season? Not even Matheny could be so stupid.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:06 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

But, I dont blame Matheny for not using him. He's 21. Pitched in "A" ball last year. He pitched 2 days in a row. First day was 2 innings. Hick's is looking like a bonafide stud. 3 days in a row, this early in the season? Not even Matheny could be so stupid.
Matheny was dumb trying to get a 5 out save out of Leone though.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:10 AM 04-04-2018

I agree Hicks looks good so far, let's see if he can keep it up for 70+ appearances.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He does if Matheny tries to make him go two innings.
Agreed. Relievers in 2018 dont go 2 innings successfully this early in the season. Matheny is an idiot. Maybe whoever he brings in blows it too but at least it was a fresh arm.

Gregerson. Leone and Holland will help the bullpen. If they are 80% of what they were in previous years and with the addition of Hicks, the bullpen this year should be a lot better than last years dumpster fire.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:23 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I agree Hicks looks good so far, let's see if he can keep it up for 70+ appearances.
Chapmans fastball wasn't successful only because of the speed. It has/had late movement. Hitters couldn't square it up. So does Hick's fastball. It looks free and easy on his arm.

I sure hope meathead Matheny doesn't blow out this young talents arm.
[Reply]
O.city 08:24 AM 04-04-2018
I can somewhat see now why they wouldn't move Hicks or Flaherty for a rental.

Keep them this year, sell enough Buds and Busch at the games to pay for a superstar this offseason.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:38 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I can somewhat see now why they wouldn't move Hicks or Flaherty for a rental.

Keep them this year, sell enough Buds and Busch at the games to pay for a superstar this offseason.
We have depth in positions that can be dealt to help other positions.

Wacha can only pitch through the lineup twice. If he gets through this season without any shoulder issues, thats two years in a row. His value should increase. He will still have 2 years of control left. If Kelly hits near .300 in AAA, he will regain the best catching prospect in the game value.

Put those 2 together with one of our outfield stud minor leaguers and we can get some high end help on offense.

Pay Manny his $350 million.

We will still have a starting rotation in 2019 to pick from of..

Martinez
Reyes
Weaver
Flaherty
Hicks
Hudson
Mikolas

A Championship window is wide open.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:46 AM 04-04-2018
We have depth in positions that can be dealt to help other positions.

Wacha can only pitch through the lineup twice. If he gets through this season without any shoulder issues, thats two years in a row. His value should increase. He will still have 2 years of control left. If Kelly hits near .300 in AAA, he will regain the best catching prospect in the game value.

Put those 2 together with one of our outfield stud minor leaguers and we can get some high end help on offense.

Pay Manny his $350 million.

We will still have a starting rotation in 2019 to pick from of..

Martinez
Reyes
Weaver
Flaherty
Hicks
Hudson
Mikolas

A Championship window is wide open.
I keep seeing you say "Pay Manny his 350 mill". I seriously doubt they're going to load that much money into one guy. Frankly, I'd be shocked if Manny wasn't in the AL East next season.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 04-04-2018
As much as I love Machado, he'll be wearing pin stripes or Red Sox next year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:51 AM 04-04-2018
Manny is not happening...sorry. As silly as some loon thinking Odell would be a Chief....
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 AM 04-04-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I keep seeing you say "Pay Manny his 350 mill". I seriously doubt they're going to load that much money into one guy. Frankly, I'd be shocked if Manny wasn't in the AL East next season.
Ohhh I know its not going to happen because Dewitt will never pull the trigger on that kind of deal.

My posts on this are what I'd do to get us back to potential championship caliber team. Not procrastinating on what moves Dewitt or Mo will actually do.

However the trade mentioned could happen with Dewitt and Mo pulling the trigger.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:23 AM 04-04-2018
Matheny stretching him for 5 outs is certainly debatable, but the pitch selection was the difference, particularly to Yelich. The slider was starting to hang, at 2-2 go up under his hands with a fastball or paint the corner. Neither place can he hit it out even if he knows it’s coming. When Yadi put down another deuce I thought wtf. Paint the corner with a fastball down, we were getting that call all night.

Then we compound the error by calling the same on the first pitch to frog eyed Braun. Matheny is a dumbass, but those two pitch calls were just atrocious.
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:46 AM 04-04-2018
That’s why you don’t shake off Molina. Yadi should have kicked Leone in the nuts.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 301
« First < 182425262728 293031323878128 > Last »
Up