Pitcher

Edit:
Matheny fired 07/14/2018

Opening Day Roster
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:04 AM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Who gives a fuck about texts? If you're too much of a [whatever he is - butthurt bitch, pussy, arrogant asshole, total moron, all of the above?] that you can't speak to your players and have to text them, then you have no business managing a major league team. Or any team, for that matter.
From what I heard that its pretty standard for managers and players to text each other these days.
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Who gives a fuck about texts? If you're too much of a [whatever he is - butthurt bitch, pussy, arrogant asshole, total moron, all of the above?] that you can't speak to your players This goes beyond questionable game decisions. Clearly he's lost control of the team. He needs to go. Immediately.
Agreed. Even if you text regurally to all, if there is an issue of any kind, you talk face to face. Especially if you are moving a player to another position and planning a long term change in the batting order.

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The only hope is to lose, lose, lose.
I agree. We have the 3rd highest attendance in baseball so far this year. Only below the Yankees and Dodgers. Maybe thats enough for Dewitt to keep Meathead. He has to know that despite the attendance numbers that a very large portion of the fan base is disgusted with the performance of the team.

We have to lose to have any chance of Dewitt making a move on Matheny.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:10 AM 07-10-2018
That turd Mabry needs flushed as well
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:16 AM 07-10-2018
Anyone fired yet?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:44 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
That turd Mabry needs flushed as well
Unfortunately I think it’s a package deal with Matheny. Unless Mike throws Mabry under the bus to save his job.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Unfortunately I think it’s a package deal with Matheny. Unless Mike throws Mabry under the bus to save his job.
they fired the 3rd base coach, the bench coach. The bullpen coach. they fired the pitching coach last year after having the 3rd lowest era in MLB that included the shitstorm that was our bullpen.

Our offense has been horrendous for over 3 years. Players digressed. Yet the batting coach has remained. Why? no other explanation other than he’s been the managers best friend for a long time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:17 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Anyone fired yet?
no but Fowler is playing. Munoz playing CF. That’s not a typo. Our best outfielder with 17 defensive runs saved sits on the bench.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:31 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
no but Fowler is playing. Munoz playing CF. That’s not a typo. Our best outfielder with 17 defensive runs saved sits on the bench.
Yeah, how the fuck is Munoz starting in CF?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:15 PM 07-10-2018
That’s more value than Fowler has provided the rest of season combined.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:38 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
That’s more value than Fowler has provided the rest of season combined.
From the right side this season, 3/40. .070 average, all singles.

The White Sox look horrible. The ball game was already over. Let’s wait and see if he’s turned it around.
[Reply]
VAChief 10:06 AM 07-12-2018
This seems like BS (some beat writer's conjecture), but would love it to be true. Especially if we keep Jedd and it is Wong going.

https://redbirdrants.com/2018/07/11/...ee-team-trade/
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:09 AM 07-12-2018
Originally Posted by VAChief:
This seems like BS (some beat writer's conjecture), but would love it to be true. Especially if we keep Jedd and it is Wong going.

https://redbirdrants.com/2018/07/11/...ee-team-trade/
How do the Mets get better long term in that deal? Don’t see it happening.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:27 AM 07-12-2018
Jose Martinez and Wong or Gyrko for DeGrom? I don't see any chance of that happening.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:09 AM 07-12-2018
So the Royals get Jose Martinez and a reliever, the Mets get Moustakas and Gyorko/Wong, and the Cardinals get deGrom and Cabrera?

That's worse than some of the most homeristic fan forum mlb the show trades.

Here's a rental and middle aged infielder, New York. Now give us one of the best pitchers in baseball thats in the middle of a Cy Young season and controlled for the next 2 1/2 years.

With Reyes' arm about to fall off I dont think the Cardinals could even pull off a trade for deGrom. It's gonna take an astronomical deal for the Mets to trade him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:44 AM 07-12-2018
Originally Posted by jd1020:
So the Royals get Jose Martinez and a reliever, the Mets get Moustakas and Gyorko/Wong, and the Cardinals get deGrom and Cabrera?

That's worse than some of the most homeristic fan forum mlb the show trades.

Here's a rental and middle aged infielder, New York. Now give us one of the best pitchers in baseball thats in the middle of a Cy Young season and controlled for the next 2 1/2 years.
Yeah, thats some serious BS.

St. Louis radio jocks pushing Jose Martinez/Wong/Ozuna/Heisly/Weaver to Tampa Bay for Archer and Duffy. Which is a way over pay. No one that posts in here thinks Archer is that good. I live about 5 minutes about from the stadium. Guarantee my neighbors would jump on that deal as soon as it was proposed. They know Archer is good but overrated.

It's just that time of the year when fans think they can package your shit and trade it to get some others teams good players.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:01 PM 07-12-2018
Snell is the ace that people claimed Archer was.

Give Snell a lead and he'll win with it. If he needs to work around a batter he'll do it and if he needs to flat dominate some he'll do that as well.

Snell can pitch at the top of a championship rotation. Archer can pitch in relief for a title winner or lead a .500 squad.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 301
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up