ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 593 of 3903
« First < 93493543583589590591592593 59459559659760364369310931593 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pablo 07:39 PM 03-21-2020
The one thing I would like to have that has been an Unsolved Mystery, is Kidney beans for my Chili. Every firkin can in town is gone. Even Walmart on-line is pretty much out, other than the extreme price gougers. Not the end of the world, I can go all beef.

I ordered A LOT of charcoal today as well at regular price. All that seems to have vanished around here as well, of course it's not exactly BBQ season in Montana yet, so I think the stock was low to begin with. I have a couple of cords of wood out back, but I'm thinking ash and pine wouldn't exactly make the best smoking wood. :-)
I grabbed 40 lbs of charcoal last week. Smoking with pine sounds like a death sentence.

Nobody touched the white kidney beans aka cannelini at my hyvee but the rest of the varieties were wiped out. Had a buncha black beans in my pantry.

Guess who's making white and black chili?
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:40 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
We are choosing to allow our elected officials to take away our individual rights to decide what is essential for our lives. I don’t know about you, but going to work everyday is essential to my existence. They are saying otherwise, like they some how know me and my life and can reasonably make that decision for me.

We are choosing to wreck the lives of the masses economically and through the loss of natural rights/civil liberties to save the lives of a few.

It absolutely is hysteria and overreaction.
I would agree to agree but will amicably agree to disagree with others
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:40 PM 03-21-2020
Just wanted to say-

Costco is operating in a really efficient manner and the stores are still well stocked. Distancing is encouraged, everything is orderly, and we were in and out in 30 minutes with almost everything we needed except for you know, TP, which for whatever reason people are hoarding like it's fucking gold.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:40 PM 03-21-2020
Woman talks of losing 4 family members to Virus

Coronavirus News: NJ family loses 4 members to COVID-19
Friday, March 20, 2020 11:52AM
FREEHOLD, New Jersey -- Four members of one New Jersey family have died from the COVID-19: a mother and three of her adult children.

Vincent Fusco died Thursday morning at a hospital in Freehold.

Fusco's mother, Grace Fusco, died Wednesday night, hours after another son, Carmine Fusco, died in Pennsylvania.

A sister, Rita Fusco-Jackson, died last Friday.

Nineteen other family members have been tested, but they're waiting on results now after they were all at a family dinner together in the past several weeks.

There are 11 siblings in this family. Besides the four who died, at least one other is on life support.

"It's like the second we start to grieve about one, the phone rings and there's another person gone, taken from us forever," one family member said. "We're just begging for help. We never want to get that call anytime soon, ever again because of this."

This family's heartbreak is an example how gatherings and one simple family dinner can have deadly consequences.

https://abc11.com/health/coronavirus...ersey/6031816/
[Reply]
Bwana 07:40 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think we're going to see a lot of these "shelter in place" orders coming through for cities across the country this week.
Without a doubt.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:41 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I grabbed 40 lbs of charcoal last week. Smoking with pine sounds like a death sentence.

Nobody touched the white kidney beans aka cannelini at my hyvee but the rest of the varieties were wiped out. Had a buncha black beans in my pantry.

Please post some photos and maybe your formula.
You seem to know your way around the kitchen and the grill
[Reply]
srvy 07:41 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Yeah, Dollar General and Dollar tree have been money for me. The only thing I haven't found is Lysol. I didn't need TP but they had it the other day. The drawback is that an employee coughed on me the other day.

Interestingly same to me I just grabbed my package and hoped it was just allergy and went home washed up changed clothing and washed.
[Reply]
srvy 07:43 PM 03-21-2020
Dollar store TP has to be brutal on the flow hole. John Wayne toilet paper if you will. It's rough, tough and doesn't take crap off of anybody.
:-)
[Reply]
Bwana 07:44 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Yeah I have 140 pounds coming my way that arrives next week, via Walmart On-line. Oh and yes, cooking with pine would make for some very rank tasting meat.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:44 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...smell-11961439

New study *suggests* that an early warning sign may be losing your sense of taste and smell. Just something to keep in mind for anyone who lives with an at risk person.

A person on another forum confirmed said he knows two people who tested positive and this happened to them.
Sounds like a great way for people to either disregard real symptoms or to freak out unnecessarily because they don't know how to correctly season their chicken dinner.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:44 PM 03-21-2020
Dollar store TP has to be brutal on the flow hole. John Wayne toilet paper if you will. It's rough, tough and doesn't take crap off of anybody.
I forgot that I had a roll of this stashed away. Something my dad found in a flea market in Phoenix a few years ago.

[Reply]
Bwana 07:47 PM 03-21-2020
I forgot that I had a roll of this stashed away. Something my dad found in a flea market in Phoenix a few years ago.

:-) That has to be some top notch stuff. One of those, break glass in case of emergency deals.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:47 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Woman talks of losing 4 family members to Virus

Coronavirus News: NJ family loses 4 members to COVID-19
Friday, March 20, 2020 11:52AM
FREEHOLD, New Jersey -- Four members of one New Jersey family have died from the COVID-19: a mother and three of her adult children.

Vincent Fusco died Thursday morning at a hospital in Freehold.

Fusco's mother, Grace Fusco, died Wednesday night, hours after another son, Carmine Fusco, died in Pennsylvania.

A sister, Rita Fusco-Jackson, died last Friday.

Nineteen other family members have been tested, but they're waiting on results now after they were all at a family dinner together in the past several weeks.

There are 11 siblings in this family. Besides the four who died, at least one other is on life support.

"It's like the second we start to grieve about one, the phone rings and there's another person gone, taken from us forever," one family member said. "We're just begging for help. We never want to get that call anytime soon, ever again because of this."

This family's heartbreak is an example how gatherings and one simple family dinner can have deadly consequences.

https://abc11.com/health/coronavirus...ersey/6031816/

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of entire families getting wiped out by this. It could certainly happen in the right circumstances.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:50 PM 03-21-2020

We need to name products like this , less confusing. Like my , Stuff for Pain and my Instant Clean Balls sprays.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:51 PM 03-21-2020
:-) That has to be some top notch stuff. One of those, break glass in case of emergency deals.
No doubt. It might fetch a pretty good price on Ebay or Craig's List right now. :-)
[Reply]
Page 593 of 3903
« First < 93493543583589590591592593 59459559659760364369310931593 > Last »
Up