ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 55
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
Donger 01:08 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I personally couldn't handle the humidity (or mosquitoes), even before moving out here and acclimating to the complete lack of humidity.

I've been there in the middle of the summer and it was predictably awful. I've also been there at the end of October and it was still in the 80s and humid. I spent time in Atlanta one spring and it would be ~50-60 degrees in the morning and I'd still feel like I needed a shower after walking several blocks to work, because the humidity was so bad.

I'm sure mileage varies, but with the times I've been there, it's like the pleasant time is all of like 3-4 months, and I could say just as much about KC.

And I'd live in Phoenix and deal with the 110+ for a few months every year.... I like the heat, just not being suffocated by humidity.

I'd rather live in KC and many other places before living in the southeast.
Same for me on regarding humidity. That's one reason why I love Colorado, and it never gets to 115...
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 PM 02-15-2021
Hey notorious. My county emergency management said the local utilities here don’t anticipate outages.

:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:13 PM 02-15-2021
"don't anticipate" are the key words here
[Reply]
notorious 01:14 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hey notorious. My county emergency management said the local utilities here don’t anticipate outages.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:18 PM 02-15-2021
no one in missouri should be bitching about this

a few days of this won't kill us
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:18 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
"don't anticipate" are the key words here
I’m guessing they have pretty good handle on the load that the grid services. There isn’t a ton of variability out here cows need fed everyday whether people run their heaters or not

Originally Posted by notorious:
[Reply]
Kman34 01:20 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
no one in missouri should be bitching about this

a few days of this won't kill us
Hope you don’t lose power..:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:26 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Hope you don’t lose power..:-)
I DID.

It was maybe 30 minutes.

It's fine.

This is the cost of living in a civilized society.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:30 PM 02-15-2021
I DID.

It was maybe 30 minutes.

It's fine.

Given the amount of taxes I pay, the country should have some excess electrical capacity.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:33 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm a big fan of global warming. Not to eliminate days like this though. I like these days. Gives me an excuse to be a lazy bag of shit. But we are at about 900' to 1100' above sea level. Melt those ice caps drowning the coastal land and we could really increase the cost of our Midwestern Land due to scarcity.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Given the amount of taxes I pay, the country should have some excess electrical capacity.
I'm surprised you aren't getting some of the power from our massive windmill farms.

We've got thousands of them here and the power company sells it to other grids as surplus. Our power comes from a coal plant.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:36 PM 02-15-2021
I DID.

It was maybe 30 minutes.

It's fine.

I’ve lost power 6 times today.. luckily it has come back within a few seconds each time.. Getting tired of setting the Oven and microwave clocks.. Surging power makes me nervous..
[Reply]
Fish 01:36 PM 02-15-2021
Kansas City-area utility companies initiate controlled outages

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Controlled power outages across Kansas City are possible as electricity demand has exceeded power generation capacity.

For Evergy customers, starting at 12:15 p.m. Monday, the utility is turning off electricity to blocks of customers for 30 to 60 minutes.

Independence Power and Light customers will also experience similar outages in the 20- to 30-minute range.

The Southwest Power Pool, which coordinates a 14-state power grid that includes electricity providers in Kansas City such as Evergy, BPU and IPL, issued an emergency alert late Monday morning.

The alert was issued after the power grid had exhausted available energy reserves amid record-breaking demand for electricity during the the intense cold snap that has overtaken the Midwest.

As a result, the grid operator is directing its member utilities to implement controlled interruptions of service to prevent more widespread and uncontrolled outages.

[...]
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:37 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I’ve lost power 6 times today.. luckily it has come back within a few seconds each time.. Getting tired of setting the Oven and microwave clocks.. Surging power makes me nervous..
You don't have your electronics on a UPS?
[Reply]
Kman34 01:38 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Kansas City-area utility companies initiate controlled outages

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Controlled power outages across Kansas City are possible as electricity demand has exceeded power generation capacity.

For Evergy customers, starting at 12:15 p.m. Monday, the utility is turning off electricity to blocks of customers for 30 to 60 minutes.

Independence Power and Light customers will also experience similar outages in the 20- to 30-minute range.

The Southwest Power Pool, which coordinates a 14-state power grid that includes electricity providers in Kansas City such as Evergy, BPU and IPL, issued an emergency alert late Monday morning.

The alert was issued after the power grid had exhausted available energy reserves amid record-breaking demand for electricity during the the intense cold snap that has overtaken the Midwest.

As a result, the grid operator is directing its member utilities to implement controlled interruptions of service to prevent more widespread and uncontrolled outages.

[...]
Thanks for the info..
[Reply]
Page 24 of 55
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up