ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3250 of 3903
« First < 2250275031503200324032463247324832493250 32513252325332543260330033503750 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:32 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am shocked we haven't gotten any yet :-)
Shocked :-)
[Reply]
TLO 12:44 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I know someone that works at Truman Medical Center and they got an email saying the hospital would be getting the vaccine in mid-December. They are going to start contacting people to receive the vaccine but it will be in batches.
Some of these larger hospitals are going to have a leg up when it comes to the Pfizer vaccine. You have to order a minimum of 975 doses, and prove you're going to be able to use them.

The Moderna vaccine actually seems a lot more practical. You only have to order 100 doses and the requirements for storage are much less stringent.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:21 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I can't remember who asked how Sweden was doing recently and then I saw this article from the WSJ today. Appears Sweden is abandoning their stupid herd immunity experiment. Their health leader who basically got demoted will go down as much of an idiot as Scott Atlas.

Lots of businesses are going under in Sweden because of their no lockdown policy with no government financial assistance. This because the virus is not contained so their people aren't going out as much.

I think we have learned several things during this past year with covid but among them is you can't get herd immunity with covid without a vaccine (at least not without a lots of death) and if you want to have a stable economy you must control the virus first.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/long-a-...nt-11607261658
Sad that some people just lap up propaganda like this.
[Reply]
Strongside 01:29 PM 12-07-2020
Got tested a bit ago and should know in a few hours. I have a couple family members who tested positive that I was around briefly last week, but I have had no symptoms aside from a slight headache yesterday. Wife and son both have sinus drainage and cough and are getting tested this afternoon.

Hopefully we're all good.
[Reply]
O.city 01:31 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Is Sweden not tightening things up?
[Reply]
R Clark 01:31 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Got tested a bit ago and should know in a few hours. I have a couple family members who tested positive that I was around briefly last week, but I have had no symptoms aside from a slight headache yesterday. Wife and son both have sinus drainage and cough and are getting tested this afternoon.

Hopefully we're all good.
Good luck
[Reply]
petegz28 01:35 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Business going under because no one is going out is worse than businesses going under because of lock downs...or something like that.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:37 PM 12-07-2020
Or I should have said...

Sweden sucks because they didn't do a lock down and businesses are going under because despite there being no lock downs, people are not going out.

But we kick ass because we are locking down to keep people from going out and businesses are go under because we are locking down to keep people from going out.

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:39 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Or I should have said...

Sweden sucks because they didn't do a lock down and businesses are going under because despite there being no lock downs, people are not going out.

But we kick ass because we are locking down to keep people from going out and businesses are go under because we are locking down to keep people from going out.

:-)
No. It shows that just opening up and staying open isn’t the answer if there is uncontrolled spread.
[Reply]
R Clark 01:41 PM 12-07-2020
My wife is a department head at a courthouse in se Ks , two employees in another department tested positive and a third in another department also tested positive.
One department head is sick and refused to get tested or stay home also co workers of the employees testing positive refuse to get tested or quarantine. You would think the health department would get involved as these people deal with the public
[Reply]
petegz28 01:44 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
No. It shows that just opening up and staying open isn’t the answer if there is uncontrolled spread.
That's not what I was addressing. Businesses going under because no one is going due to Covid is not any worse than businesses going under because of lock downs due to Covid.

To say one is worse than the other seems to be rather trivial at best. In fact I would take the former, personally.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:45 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
My wife is a department head at a courthouse in se Ks , two employees in another department tested positive and a third in another department also tested positive.
One department head is sick and refused to get tested or stay home also co workers of the employees testing positive refuse to get tested or quarantine. You would think the health department would get involved as these people deal with the public
Why do you need the Dept. of Health? Why are the people in charge there not making them quarantine and\or get tested?
[Reply]
O.city 01:47 PM 12-07-2020
That's not what I was addressing. Businesses going under because no one is going due to Covid is not any worse than businesses going under because of lock downs due to Covid.

To say one is worse than the other seems to be rather trivial at best. In fact I would take the former, personally.
They both suck.

But again, just shows controlling the virus (however that might be, not sure it’s possible at this point anyway) is the way to go
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:09 PM 12-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They both suck.

But again, just shows controlling the virus (however that might be, not sure it’s possible at this point anyway) is the way to go
Well, that would be news to the politicians here where I live. Our hospital numbers are surging and all they can say is Mask Harder. BTW, we have been wearing masks for 7 months and shut down business again.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:24 PM 12-07-2020

Having a higher per capita death rate than your neighbors while still having businesses go under is actually worse. Unless you don't care about the death rate.
[Reply]
Page 3250 of 3903
« First < 2250275031503200324032463247324832493250 32513252325332543260330033503750 > Last »
Up