ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3244 of 3903
« First < 2244274431443194323432403241324232433244 32453246324732483254329433443744 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:36 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
And?

Cant you chose not to go to a private business or not?
No.
[Reply]
TLO 01:07 PM 12-04-2020
From Dr. Williams

Originally Posted by :
Missouri will be able to vaccinate 339,000 people by the end of the month, Director of the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Dr. Randall Williams announced Friday.

He said this will include all forward-facing healthcare workers as defined by section 1A in the Missouri vaccination plan.

The first 51,000 Pfizer vaccines are expected to be made available to 21 freezer sites by Dec. 12. This will be followed by 61,000 Pfizer vaccines a week later and around 105,000 Moderna vaccines that will be sent to hospitals that are not part of the 21 assigned for the Pfizer vaccine. In the third week, 110,00 Pfizer vaccines and 46,000 Moderna vaccines will be available. This is pending the Food and Drug Administration's Emergency Use Approval.

Williams also said he expects the general public to start being vaccinated by May 1.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:09 PM 12-04-2020
May 1st seems a further out than I expected.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:43 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
How is this any different than having to have a vaccination card when we go to school?
Are you saying that right now there is a database that exist that a 3rd party can go to to look and see if you have been vaccinated?

You don't understand the difference between that and having a piece of paper you show the school that your kid has been vaccinated?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:52 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Are you saying that right now there is a database that exist that a 3rd party can go to to look and see if you have been vaccinated?

You don't understand the difference between that and having a piece of paper you show the school that your kid has been vaccinated?
Been around for a long time:

https://health.mo.gov/living/wellnes...20or%20573.751.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:54 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Been around for a long time:

https://health.mo.gov/living/wellnes...20or%20573.751.
As long as it stays in the healthcare system database then I am fine with it.

Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
TLO 03:05 PM 12-04-2020
Random questions from the mind of TLO: Take a stabat answering if you'd like/have the knowledge

1. What would happen if you somehow accidentally got both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine within a short period of time? What if the second shot you get doesn't match the first one, would it still work?

2. What is security like at the places that are manufacturing these vaccines? I like to picture heavily armed soldiers with automatic weapons covering the entrances.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:12 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
1. What would happen if you somehow accidentally got both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine within a short period of time?

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:27 PM 12-04-2020
Random questions from the mind of TLO: Take a stabat answering if you'd like/have the knowledge

1. What would happen if you somehow accidentally got both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccine within a short period of time? What if the second shot you get doesn't match the first one, would it still work?

2. What is security like at the places that are manufacturing these vaccines? I like to picture heavily armed soldiers with automatic weapons covering the entrances.
#2 one of the vets I’ve worked with in the past volunteered to be a company leader assigned by the military to be responsible for moving the vaccine to the states. Hopefully, it’s just a delivery to United, Delta airlines terminals or refrigerated rail cars and they put it on flights like they explained in the 60 minutes piece.

These are armed active duty military soldiers, ready to go wherever the pallets of vaccine are at that will be deployed to protect the vaccine if necessary. They are already authorized to shoot any would be robbers or unauthorized gangs that try to take the vaccine. But, they are planning a very low profile as to not alarm the general public. No one is expecting any trouble. Just in case break glass plans.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:28 PM 12-04-2020

I don't really know the answers to either question, but my suspicion would be:

1. We don't know. They work in similar ways, so there might be some cross-compatibility, but no one has tested it out. Probably not recommended regardless.

2. Drug companies regularly manufacture high-security drugs, so this can't really be out of the ordinary.
[Reply]
Otter 03:31 PM 12-04-2020
I've heard since March is how N95 masks (manufactured by 3M) are the gold standard for facemasks. You can't find these things anywhere online because they are in such high demand and prioritized for health care workers.

The entire planet wants these N95 masks from 3M. Seems like they'd be the busiest beavers on the planet.

So today I see this headline: 3M is cutting another 2,900 jobs

3M's stock was among the worst-performing stocks in the Dow last year. This year, however, is only down 2.5% for the year with shares flat in premarket trading.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/03/inves...ffs/index.html

I know 3M isn't just facemasks but I thought this would allow them to float steady for quiet awhile.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:37 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
I know 3M isn't just facemasks
That's like saying Amazon isn't just butt plugs. Facemasks are a tiny sliver of their overall operations.
[Reply]
Donger 03:40 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's like saying Amazon isn't just butt plugs. Facemasks are a tiny sliver of their overall operations.
Why do you know that Amazon sells butt plugs?
[Reply]
DaFace 03:50 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Why do you know that Amazon sells butt plugs?
I'm almost sad that there's an actual answer to this, and it's not because I looked for them. There's a story from Amazon's early days when their algorithms would occasionally suggest sex toys to people. There's a story in...maybe a book I read?...about Bezos getting an email about it and forwarding it to the department head with nothing but a "?" in his message. The "?" is apparently dreaded at Amazon. It loosely translates to, "WTF is this. Fix it immediately and convince me that I shouldn't fire you because of it."

I think this was the book fwiw.

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-St.../dp/B00BWQW73E
[Reply]
Donger 03:54 PM 12-04-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm almost sad that there's an actual answer to this, and it's not because I looked for them. There's a story from Amazon's early days when their algorithms would occasionally suggest sex toys to people. There's a story in...maybe a book I read?...about Bezos getting an email about it and forwarding it to the department head with nothing but a "?" in his message. The "?" is apparently dreaded at Amazon. It loosely translates to, "WTF is this. Fix it immediately and convince me that I shouldn't fire you because of it."
Good story, but I'm going with "It was for research!! I swear!!"
[Reply]
Page 3244 of 3903
« First < 2244274431443194323432403241324232433244 32453246324732483254329433443744 > Last »
Up