ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3198 of 3903
« First < 2198269830983148318831943195319631973198 31993200320132023208324832983698 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:28 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wife feels better. I feel okay. Nothing major. Chest doesn’t feel heavy anymore.

I think I’m in the mild symptom category of this thing
That's good. You have to watch that chest stuff closely. I was lucky and didn't have any issues along those lines but it was what I was the most paranoid about.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:23 AM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wife feels better. I feel okay. Nothing major. Chest doesn’t feel heavy anymore.

I think I’m in the mild symptom category of this thing
Glad to hear. Hope everything gets back to normal soon. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:12 PM 11-27-2020
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, is advising Americans who have already had the coronavirus – or suspect that they’ve had it – to take the coming vaccines for it anyway.

In a recent interview, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told McClatchy that he doubts previously infected individuals will be restricted from accessing the vaccines, and that he has no reason to believe that taking the vaccine will be of harm to those who have already had COVID-19.

“I don’t think that should be a concern at all,” Fauci said, encouraging those Americans to take the vaccines once available.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...247454710.html

He doesn't explain why the vaccines will be able to do something more than a recovery from an actual infection. Sounds like sales to me.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:35 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert, is advising Americans who have already had the coronavirus – or suspect that they’ve had it – to take the coming vaccines for it anyway.

In a recent interview, the longtime director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told McClatchy that he doubts previously infected individuals will be restricted from accessing the vaccines, and that he has no reason to believe that taking the vaccine will be of harm to those who have already had COVID-19.

“I don’t think that should be a concern at all,” Fauci said, encouraging those Americans to take the vaccines once available.

He doesn't explain why the vaccines will be able to do something more than a recovery from an actual infection. Sounds like sales to me.
In theory, a vaccine should cause a stronger immune response than a mild case of COVID, which would provide longer lasting (and more consistent) immunity. It's probably not a high priority to get it the vaccine right away if you got COVID, but it's not a bad idea down the road.

All that said, we definitely don't have long term data about long term immunity at this point, so the guidance could change as we learn more.
[Reply]
loochy 01:42 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Wuh??? I have not heard that one yet.
Really? It was one of the first conspiracies regarding corona. Of all the conspiracies, it also makes the least sense.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:48 PM 11-27-2020

With false positives it could be hard to determine who actually got it.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:48 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Really? It was one of the first conspiracies regarding corona. Of all the conspiracies, it also makes the least sense.
really? , then why would they put an antenna in the mask.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 02:09 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
With false positives it could be hard to determine who actually got it.
Took the words out of my mouth. Without engaging in an argument about testing, the simple fact is we've had a lot of testing accuracy issues. Even 8 months later, we still have issues. Recommending that people who've already had COVID-19 still receive the vaccine is simply playing it safe. And imo, best practice.
[Reply]
loochy 02:11 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
really? , then why would they put an antenna in the mask.
Because the great reset
[Reply]
loochy 02:12 PM 11-27-2020
So are we still on track for December 10th?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:21 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
In theory, a vaccine should cause a stronger immune response than a mild case of COVID, which would provide longer lasting (and more consistent) immunity. It's probably not a high priority to get it the vaccine right away if you got COVID, but it's not a bad idea down the road.

All that said, we definitely don't have long term data about long term immunity at this point, so the guidance could change as we learn more.
I have never heard an actual expert say that. My understanding (and this was from a few months ago) was that no vaccine could have a stronger response than the body's immunity from an actual infection. The goal of the vaccine is to get as close as possible while not putting a person at increased risk for a serious illness.

The point that I had heard a few times was that if human immunity didn't last long for Covid..the vaccines would last even less because vaccines would never be better than the immunity derived from actual infection.

This is just from my memory of this so if you have a link where someone claims a vaccine would work better than human immunity please share it.
[Reply]
TLO 02:22 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
So are we still on track for December 10th?
Yes.

I know someone at McKesson who has said they're pushing to start distribution before the 10th. I'm not sure if actually going to happen though.

Regardless, I have the utmost faith in them getting the vaccine where it needs to go in a timely manner.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:27 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Took the words out of my mouth. Without engaging in an argument about testing, the simple fact is we've had a lot of testing accuracy issues. Even 8 months later, we still have issues. Recommending that people who've already had COVID-19 still receive the vaccine is simply playing it safe. And imo, best practice.
Well, if they would cycle the tests where they should be as literally every fucking expert has said then perhaps we would rule out a lot of BS. But for some reason they insist on keeping the cycles at an unnecessarily high level.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:28 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:

You wanna back that up with something substantive?
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 02:38 PM 11-27-2020
I have never heard an actual expert say that. My understanding (and this was from a few months ago) was that no vaccine could have a stronger response than the body's immunity from an actual infection. The goal of the vaccine is to get as close as possible while not putting a person at increased risk for a serious illness.

The point that I had heard a few times was that if human immunity didn't last long for Covid..the vaccines would last even less because vaccines would never be better than the immunity derived from actual infection.

This is just from my memory of this so if you have a link where someone claims a vaccine would work better than human immunity please share it.
Lots and lots of great and exciting science to read about in this thread and all over the internet. Real clinical trials and studies showing that vaccines work and immunity is at a minimum (with some exceptions) 6-12 months and almost certainly long lasting given what they’ve found regarding the bodies immune response both short and long term. Only time will tell us how long, but my best guess is many years to decades.

Without trying too hard here’s one: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ner/index.html

Here’s a more important recent one: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...11.15.383323v1
[Reply]
Page 3198 of 3903
« First < 2198269830983148318831943195319631973198 31993200320132023208324832983698 > Last »
Up