ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2248 of 3903
« First < 1248174821482198223822442245224622472248 224922502251225222582298234827483248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 12:25 PM 05-27-2020
Looks like we surpassed 100k deaths.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:25 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Merde Furieux:
OH? But it's ok for you and your fan boys to hit and run, there?

FACT

Hydroxychloroquine -- has been in use for 65 years for the prevention or treatment of malaria, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. It is officially labeled a safe drug. Many doctors treating COVID-19 patients have found and reported HCQ, when used early enough together with zinc and the antibiotic Azithromycin to be an effective and safe treatment.

You don't like it? Tough tulips.
https://www.cardiovascularbusiness.c...hs-coronavirus

For this latest study, published on medRxiv and still awaiting a peer review, the researchers assessed data from 368 patients with confirmed cases of COVID-19. All patients were treated at medical centers affiliated with he U.S. Veterans Health Administration through April 11, 2020. Each patient was treated with hydroxychloroquine alone (97 patients), both hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin (113 patients) or no hydroxychloroquine at all (158 patients).

Overall, patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone experienced a death rate of 27.8%. Patients treated with hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin had a death rate of 22.1%, and patients receiving neither treatment had a death rate of 11.4%. The risk of ventilation was similar for all three groups.

“In this study, we found no evidence that use of hydroxychloroquine, either with or without azithromycin, reduced the risk of mechanical ventilation in patients hospitalized with COVID-19,” wrote Joseph Magagnoli, MS, University of South Carolina, and colleagues. “An association of increased overall mortality was identified in patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone. These findings highlight the importance of awaiting the results of ongoing prospective, randomized, controlled studies before widespread adoption of these drugs.”

Death rate is too high for use in widespread medical prescriptions. Even if it's the best we have at this time, doesn't make it a good option for some. 22% to 27% might be an acceptable death rate for you individually, but not for the medical community to recommend wide spread use.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:25 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Fact,

Any opinion that counters some posters in here is labeled as "Wanting people to die" etc.
There is a difference between opinions and intentional misinformation based on political stance.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:27 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Fact,

Any opinion that counters some posters in here is labeled as "Wanting people to die" etc.
I actually really don't care if you want to wear a mask or not, it's more the complete desire to sell it like it's some kind of noble action.

That could have been a 2 post conversation

I shouldn't have to wear a mask because I don't like it.

You know that makes you a selfish shithead right?

Yes but I don't care.

There ya go.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:28 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
There is a difference between opinions and intentional misinformation based on political stance.
Ok,

Well there is a difference between bias and none bias. Some of you clearly have a bias and accuse anyone you disagree with of having their own bias.

Never once has Hamas done his deep dive to debunk any HCQ studie (They have major flaws) that show it was bad. That shows his bias for a outcome that he has predetermined.

Same with you, I get you guys have a agenda to push but damn. please stop acting like you are some bastion of truth.
[Reply]
Redbled 12:29 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I actually really don't care if you want to wear a mask or not, it's more the complete desire to sell it like it's some kind of noble action.

Yes but I don't care.

There ya go.
Trash people gonna be trash people. Easier to accept it and move on.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:29 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This thread is straight trash, the arrogance on display renders it completely worthless
I've absolutely learned a few things from this thread. It's just been unfortunate that people can't be more respectful of differing opinions without lashing out. I really don't think it's that difficult to have a discussion without it turning into what DC generally turns into - A free for all shit show
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:30 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Yes but I don't care.

There ya go.
Lmao you know you wanting everyone to do what you deem fit, makes you a selfish shithead right?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:31 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It'd be nice if that guy had a linked source.
Here you go.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:32 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
It'd be nice if that guy had a linked source.
The same thing was noted in Kentucky a day or two ago, but the article is behind a paywall, so I don't know about its veracity.

Here is the CDC website:

There is a way to search by cause of death by state and ICD-10 code, but it's extremely cumbersome.

I still think the best way to catch this, for now, is to look at excess mortality.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:33 PM 05-27-2020
I should know by tomorrow if I have had this Covid crap.....
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:33 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Here you go.

There could be a direct correlation between people who are getting pneumonia and not wanting to go to hospital till its to late.

Doesn't mean States are hiding coronavirus numbers under pneumonia.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:33 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
So you don't know.
I get it man. We've been programmed to ignore what's gone on in this country for the past 30 years. And I'm fine with you being that way, but just spare us with the "do it for your fellow Americans" crap, mmkay?
[Reply]
Third Eye 05-27-2020, 12:34 PM
This message has been deleted by Third Eye. Reason: Oops, thought I was caught up.
BleedingRed 12:34 PM 05-27-2020
Talk about pushing conspiracy crap in this thread, want to jump down their throats everyone?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:35 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The same thing was noted in Kentucky a day or two ago, but the article is behind a paywall, so I don't know about its veracity.

Here is the CDC website:

There is a way to search by cause of death by state and ICD-10 code, but it's extremely cumbersome.

I still think the best way to catch this, for now, is to look at excess mortality.
If you scoll a little in my link, it's really easy to see regarding those staggering pneumonia statistics.
[Reply]
Page 2248 of 3903
« First < 1248174821482198223822442245224622472248 224922502251225222582298234827483248 > Last »
Up