ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2438 of 4818
« First < 1438193823382388242824342435243624372438 243924402441244224482488253829383438 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:57 AM 12-16-2019
This is the type of entertainment that is missing. Another poster stole this from the mange and shared it in the Let's talk about the Broncos thread. This is hilarious. Where is Knowmo to provide this entertainment now?

Choose your franchise centerpiece: Drew Lock, or Patrick Mahomes?
12-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Okay, let’s pretend that we get a call from the league tomorrow. They say, essentially, “It’s in our best interest to help the proud, historic franchises with the consistent fan bases. So, we’re going to let you choose the QB to build around. You can keep what you have, or you can take any other QB in the division.” (This scenario is actually not that far-fetched, as I can’t imagine Mahomes will choose to stay in a place like Kansas City any longer than he has to, which means two more seasons.)

Who do you choose?

As I see it, there are actually some decent justifications for Mahomes. Yes, he’s a system QB. But if you have an offensive staff that is willing to tailor the offense to his strengths, that can be okay. Also, while he’s definitely showing himself to be fragile, you have to assume a smarter franchise would 1) invest so that he’s not behind a crappy offensive line; and B) avoid brain farts, like running a guy with a fragile body into the heart of one of the more vicious defenses in the league. Honestly, I don’t see any reason why, managed properly, he couldn’t have a nice, little 8-10 year career in this league, a la Joe Flacco (who, let’s not forget, won that one Super Bowl).

On the other side, Lock does seem to have that almost magical quality so many of the greats have. His arm compares to Elway’s, when he came into the league. And while he doesn’t run quite as well as Lamar Jackson, he makes Mahomes look like Carson Palmer, towards the end of his career. You can plug him into any system, and have it work (you don’t have to dumb anything down, like they’ve done in KC). And he has a body that looks built to hold up in the NFL. Can you imagine a guy like Drew Lock’s numbers dropping off as severely as Mahomes, in his second year? Yeah, I can’t either. Throw in the fact that Lock is more than a year younger than Mahomes, and the needle pushes even more in his direction.

So, do you go with the guy who had a nice second year in the league, despite not being able to really crack the lineup as a rookie? Or do you go with the guy who looks like he might be The Natural? Do you go with the guy who will probably have a nice career as an upper-level, second-tier QB in the league? Or do you go with the guy who has the physical talent to be the GOAT, but has one less season to have proven himself, at this point?

Don’t get me wrong. I think that most league people would basically say, “Duh, you take Lock.” But I think it might be closer than we might assume. What do you think?"
[Reply]
TEX 09:58 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, you guys have been more accustom to this level of suck than most Broncos' fans... so, there's that. #PA
Difference is we weren't delusional about it. There are actually Donktards who are saying that Lock is a better QB option than Mahomes. That says it all. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:59 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
This is the type of entertainment that is missing. Another poster stole this from the mange and shared it in the Let's talk about the Broncos thread. This is hilarious. Where is Knowmo to provide this entertainment now?

Okay, let’s pretend that we get a call from the league tomorrow. They say, essentially, “It’s in our best interest to help the proud, historic franchises with the consistent fan bases. So, we’re going to let you choose the QB to build around. You can keep what you have, or you can take any other QB in the division.” (This scenario is actually not that far-fetched, as I can’t imagine Mahomes will choose to stay in a place like Kansas City any longer than he has to, which means two more seasons.)

Who do you choose?

As I see it, there are actually some decent justifications for Mahomes. Yes, he’s a system QB. But if you have an offensive staff that is willing to tailor the offense to his strengths, that can be okay. Also, while he’s definitely showing himself to be fragile, you have to assume a smarter franchise would 1) invest so that he’s not behind a crappy offensive line; and B) avoid brain farts, like running a guy with a fragile body into the heart of one of the more vicious defenses in the league. Honestly, I don’t see any reason why, managed properly, he couldn’t have a nice, little 8-10 year career in this league, a la Joe Flacco (who, let’s not forget, won that one Super Bowl).

On the other side, Lock does seem to have that almost magical quality so many of the greats have. His arm compares to Elway’s, when he came into the league. And while he doesn’t run quite as well as Lamar Jackson, he makes Mahomes look like Carson Palmer, towards the end of his career. You can plug him into any system, and have it work (you don’t have to dumb anything down, like they’ve done in KC). And he has a body that looks built to hold up in the NFL. Can you imagine a guy like Drew Lock’s numbers dropping off as severely as Mahomes, in his second year? Yeah, I can’t either. Throw in the fact that Lock is more than a year younger than Mahomes, and the needle pushes even more in his direction.

So, do you go with the guy who had a nice second year in the league, despite not being able to really crack the lineup as a rookie? Or do you go with the guy who looks like he might be The Natural? Do you go with the guy who will probably have a nice career as an upper-level, second-tier QB in the league? Or do you go with the guy who has the physical talent to be the GOAT, but has one less season to have proven himself, at this point?

Don’t get me wrong. I think that most league people would basically say, “Duh, you take Lock.” But I think it might be closer than we might assume. What do you think?"
Oh my god. Wow. The complete and total stupidity of that poster is just incredible.
[Reply]
TEX 10:00 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh my god. Wow. The complete and total stupidity of that poster is just incredible.
It's a whole thread...:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:02 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
It's a whole thread...:-)
Wow. Completely delusional.

Mahomes a system QB? We 'dumbed down' the offense for him? What a crock.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:20 AM 12-16-2019
Unlike a lot of y'all, I actually enjoy football more when the Raiders and Donks are worthy opponents.

It's not really as fun beating up on Jerry's kids.

I hope both organizations get their shit together. I want some epic battles. I hope we have many seasons in which the AFC WEST puts 3 teams into the play-offs.

With Saint Patrick I ain't scared, we'll prevail.

But I can't very well hate hapless dumbfucks. I don't like feeling sorry for them.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:28 AM 12-16-2019
I just went to the mange and started reading through the Drew Lock vs. Mahomes thread. It turns out that it was started by Dom Casual as a troll thread making fun of Deberg and and his love for Jackson and Watson. :-) well played Dom. Well played.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:30 AM 12-16-2019

Who do you choose?

:-) So much fail in one post.

Mahomes- couldn't crack the line up as a rookie -- But notched his first win on the road against the Donks.

Mahomes is fragile-- far from it, he was trying to get back into the game after they popped his knee back in place. The dude is tough as nails.

Mahomes is not leaving KC in 2 years- they fucking wish. No, he will stay here and keep sweeping you guys every year. Mahomes loves KC.

He did get one thing right-- Lock's number won't drop off his second year like Mahomes- because he will never throw for 5000 yards and 50 TD's in a year.
[Reply]
TEX 10:31 AM 12-16-2019
Wow. Completely delusional.

Mahomes a system QB? We 'dumbed down' the offense for him? What a crock.
Yep. Saying they're delusional is paying them a compliment.
[Reply]
TEX 10:34 AM 12-16-2019
I just went to the mange and started reading through the Drew Lock vs. Mahomes thread. It turns out that it was started by Dom Casual as a troll thread making fun of Deberg and and his love for Jackson and Watson. :-) well played Dom. Well played.
Yep. Good one at that... Deal is though, many are taking it seriously and were picking Lock. THAT'S the FUNNY part! :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:35 AM 12-16-2019
Unlike a lot of y'all, I actually enjoy football more when the Raiders and Donks are worthy opponents.

It's not really as fun beating up on Jerry's kids.

I hope both organizations get their shit together. I want some epic battles. I hope we have many seasons in which the AFC WEST puts 3 teams into the play-offs.

With Saint Patrick I ain't scared, we'll prevail.

But I can't very well hate hapless dumb****s. I don't like feeling sorry for them.
Faiders had 3 times as much cap money and triple the draft picks last year- and we still swept them.

Donks wrapped up 20 million in 2 journeymen QBs and drafted one high- and they still all sucked. I hope those cheating fucks stay in QB purgatory for the next 5 decades.

I don't want Mahomes to ever lose to any team in the AFC West for the rest of his career.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:44 AM 12-16-2019
I love Lock....he set up that crap fanbase, for two weeks, only to have their delusional franchise QB fantasies dashed in spectacular fashion.

He mustered 3 points on the way to a record 9 straight losses against KC...

Please, Horseface, waste 2-3 years hoping and praying for him to develop.

When they lose to KC next year...it will mark 5 years .

In the two games this year...KC 53 Doinks 9
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:51 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
I know. When you're desperate for a QB, that happens. Especially when your division rival has what you covet most. :-)

Today wonder if they'll call him Lockweiler?
Lockutler. Kizsla wrote an overreaction article after his bad game yesterday calling him another Cutler.
[Reply]
TEX 10:54 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Lockutler. Kizsla wrote an overreaction article after his bad game yesterday calling him another Cutler.
:-) That's it! Even kind of looks like him.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:57 AM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I love Lock....he set up that crap fanbase, for two weeks, only to have their delusional franchise QB fantasies dashed in spectacular fashion.

He mustered 3 points on the way to a record 9 straight losses against KC...

Please, Horseface, waste 2-3 years hoping and praying for him to develop.

When they lose to KC next year...it will mark 5 years .

In the two games this year...KC 53 Doinks 9
Crazy that Mahomes has 5 wins against them already. He is just getting started.
[Reply]
Page 2438 of 4818
« First < 1438193823382388242824342435243624372438 243924402441244224482488253829383438 > Last »
Up