ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 207
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:06 PM 09-23-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So weird. Buffalo Trace is literally in every grocery store here, any time you want it.
It's ridiculous...I havent seen a bottle on the shelf of a state liquor store in almost 2 years. I've decided to special order it, because there's no other way to procure it.

Its the government monopoly...
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:12 PM 09-23-2016
Damn that's horrible. I fill my hot tub with Buffalo Trace, we have so much of it here. :-)

Do you guys have Fry's grocery in the Midwest?
I'm actually in the northeast and no Fry's here. You have to hunt for bargains around here, but they can be found. The upside is I can get just about anything as long as it exists in the United States. Except Pappy of course, but that's another story.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 09-23-2016
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
It's ridiculous...I havent seen a bottle on the shelf of a state liquor store in almost 2 years. I've decided to special order it, because there's no other way to procure it.

Its the government monopoly...
Where do you order it from and what's it cost?
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:23 PM 09-23-2016
Where do you order it from and what's it cost?
I can make an order through my local ABC store and it's 23.99 per bottle...but I have to buy 12 bottles. if you have a better deal, I'm listening.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:37 AM 09-24-2016
I can make an order through my local ABC store and it's 23.99 per bottle...but I have to buy 12 bottles. if you have a better deal, I'm listening.
I know people here ship beer to each other (although isn't that illegal?). If it was something fairly easy, I wouldn't mind doing it for you.
[Reply]
Bewbies 09:56 AM 09-24-2016
If I ever get a reason to get to ATL, I'll be sure to make a stop. Here in Virginia, we cannot get Buffalo Trace...Pappy is literally like it never existed. I remember getting some Pappy back a few years ago before Buffalo Trace's distillery went off the chain.

Be thankful, fellow bourbon drinkers, if you can get Buffalo Trace freely...we have a broke dick system of state controlled liquor here in Virginia and if a local ABC store gets a case, typically, the lucky finder buys every bottle they have. ****ers...
Down south there are such weird laws in regards to liquor. We've got bourbon only in liquor stores, but we've only been able to buy on Sunday for 3-4 years now. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 10:39 AM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Down south there are such weird laws in regards to liquor. We've got bourbon only in liquor stores, but we've only been able to buy on Sunday for 3-4 years now. :-)
The South is fucked up.

No shock there.
[Reply]
Bewbies 11:46 AM 09-24-2016
The South is ****ed up.

No shock there.
And then you wear a t-shirt in January and remember why it's awesome.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:33 PM 09-24-2016
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
And then you wear a t-shirt in January and remember why it's awesome.
I think I know what you're talking about..........
[Reply]
frozenchief 04:05 PM 09-24-2016
Just bought a bottle of a bourbon I'd not heard of: Bib & Tucker. Smooth with a long finish. Anybody else here ever try it?
[Reply]
lewdog 05:47 PM 10-26-2016
Became a member of the Arizona Bourbon Society group earlier this year. Have learned a lot about bourbon and whiskey in the group. Through this group was able to purchase a nice whiskey glass as a gift for myself and my father. Cheers to CP members and bump to this thread!

[Reply]
|Zach| 01:44 AM 11-03-2016
Had dinner at Rye a few weeks ago and was drooling at their liquor selection at the bar. The bar tenders know their stuff over there I told him that I really enjoy Buffalo Trace whisky and wanted to trying something new. Had this with one cube and it was just a fucking delight....really good shit.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:19 AM 11-03-2016
Became a member of the Arizona Bourbon Society group earlier this year. Have learned a lot about bourbon and whiskey in the group. Through this group was able to purchase a nice whiskey glass as a gift for myself and my father. Cheers to CP members and bump to this thread!

Did shots of the Bullet bourbon in the background there at a Halloween party this past weekend.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 08:01 AM 11-03-2016
Spent the entire WS game last night with a cup of Hudson's baby bourbon filled the whole time. Needless to say, I'm not going to make it into the office today
[Reply]
lewdog 08:33 PM 11-03-2016
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Had dinner at Rye a few weeks ago and was drooling at their liquor selection at the bar. The bar tenders know their stuff over there I told him that I really enjoy Buffalo Trace whisky and wanted to trying something new. Had this with one cube and it was just a fucking delight....really good shit.

If you like rye whiskey, then Bulleit would be a better choice. It's half the cost and has 95% rye. That pikesville is only 51% rye even though it says "straight rye whiskey." Glad you enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 207
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up