ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 207
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
R Clark 12:57 PM 07-14-2016
Mixing diet dr pepper with any bourbon is a crime or you squat to piss
[Reply]
lewdog 07:38 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I had my first Jim Beam last month, yeah I'm new to this whole thing. It was so putrid I couldn't do one small glass on rocks. Rancid
Huh, that's probably my favorite of the cheap whiskeys. I'm usually mixing it though.
[Reply]
phisherman 08:17 PM 07-14-2016
Jim Beam is pretty bad. I normally go with Evan Williams White Label for a bottom shelf bourbon. The kick up to 50% ABV does wonders.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:19 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Huh, that's probably my favorite of the cheap whiskeys. I'm usually mixing it though.
It's fine if you're mixing it with coke I suppose. Trying it on the rocks is a moron move.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:20 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Jim Beam is pretty bad. I normally go with Evan Williams White Label for a bottom shelf bourbon. The kick up to 50% ABV does wonders.
I go Wild Turkey 101 for bottom shelf.

If I am going to go cheap then I am going full hobo.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:21 PM 07-14-2016
Beam is only 25 dollars a handle. It's a great party bourbon. I use buffalo trace for my daily sipper and mixed drink purposes.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:24 PM 07-14-2016
Picked up a 100% copper mule mug on prime day. No lining like most. Time to make a Montana/Kentucky Mule!
[Reply]
lewdog 08:24 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Pablo:
It's fine if you're mixing it with coke I suppose. Trying it on the rocks is a moron move.
Yea, I should have said always mixing it.

I never drink Jim Beam straight. I actually like the Evan Williams green label as my favorite cheap whiskey, but I can't find it in Phoenix like I could up north.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:24 PM 07-14-2016
I almost had a whiskey drink or two, but it's a school night so I'm gonna be lame.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:25 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Picked up a 100% copper mule mug on prime day. No lining like most. Time to make a Montana/Kentucky Mule!
Thanks for sharing the deal here, asshat!
[Reply]
Pablo 08:30 PM 07-14-2016
Yea, I should have said always mixing it.

I never drink Jim Beam straight. I actually like the Evan Williams green label as my favorite cheap whiskey, but I can't find it in Phoenix like I could up north.
You could probably throw enough lemon into a beam and water combo to make it work on a summer day. I just don't care for cheap whiskeys all that much anymore. Got my fill in college. Still drink black velvet with the father in law every once in a great while. That's about it anymore.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:47 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You could probably throw enough lemon into a beam and water combo to make it work on a summer day. I just don't care for cheap whiskeys all that much anymore. Got my fill in college. Still drink black velvet with the father in law every once in a great while. That's about it anymore.
So true! I love just throwing in some fresh squeeze lemon juice and poor some whiskey over some rocks.

I planted a Meyer Lemon tree and can't wait to see a decent yield in the next few years. They are supposed to pair great with whiskey as they are a bit sweeter than regular lemons.
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:03 PM 07-14-2016
When I go cheap it's usually old grand dad or regular Weller's reserve. The OGD 114 isn't too bad if you don't mind the higher rye mashbill bourbons
[Reply]
Pablo 09:04 PM 07-14-2016
So true! I love just throwing in some fresh squeeze lemon juice and poor some whiskey over some rocks.

I planted a Meyer Lemon tree and can't wait to see a decent yield in the next few years. They are supposed to pair great with whiskey as they are a bit sweeter than regular lemons.
I will muddle some lemon rind and go on the rocks with it. Definitely a good combo. Crown and water with lemon is a dangerous combo.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:12 PM 07-14-2016
Thanks for sharing the deal here, asshat!
Fuck you! Here it is. Was a lot cheaper Tuesday.

https://www.amazon.com/Alchemade-Cop...words=Mule+mug

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 26 of 207
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up