ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 203 of 207
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
kcgreene 11:13 AM 06-26-2023
Sorry for the general post (lack of quoting), but I remember seeing someone post about 1792 Small Batch on here a while back, and looking back I must be overlooking the post that I saw.

Finally got to try it this weekend.

Probably my new preferred Bourbon in that price range.... Very good stuff.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:20 AM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
It would be an awesome thing to have in the home bar.
100% agree..
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:02 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Well they send it to the store bottled, but personalized in the label. The send the store samples from different barrels, you pick one, then they bottle it and send it to you.

It's god stuff...
This seems to be a thing more recently; at least locally to me.

Friend of mine owns a liquor store in town, he bought a barrel of Makers. My golf club bought their own barrel. They all went for a tasting, picked their blend, had it bottled and sent to them. I've got one from each.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:22 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
This seems to be a thing more recently; at least locally to me.

Friend of mine owns a liquor store in town, he bought a barrel of Makers. My golf club bought their own barrel. They all went for a tasting, picked their blend, had it bottled and sent to them. I've got one from each.
It's awesome...
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:41 AM 06-27-2023
It's awesome...
Here are the two I picked up. One on the left is from my buddy at the liquor store. One on the right was given to me by my bartender friend at the club. Zoomed in you can see the blend they picked.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:46 AM 06-27-2023
Here are the two I picked up. One on the left is from my buddy at the liquor store. One on the right was given to me by my bartender friend at the club. Zoomed in you can see the blend they picked.

What do the numbers in the blend mean?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:47 AM 06-27-2023
What do the numbers in the blend mean?
I honestly don't know for sure. I'm sure someone in here will know.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:29 AM 06-27-2023
I honestly don't know for sure. I'm sure someone in here will know.
Staves are the pieces of board that are used to make the barrels. The listing you see on the bottles are the staves used in to make the barrel to create the desired flavor profile. The number next to the stave is the char level.

1 is a 15 second char
2 is 30 seconds
3 is 35 seconds
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:32 AM 06-27-2023
Staves are the pieces of board that are used to make the barrels. The listing you see on the bottles are the staves used in to make the barrel to create the desired flavor profile. The number next to the stave is the char level.

1 is a 15 second char
2 is 30 seconds
3 is 35 seconds
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:35 AM 06-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This place is Him

Could've been my timing on a Sunay afternoon but I was the only person at the bar and ol boy kept feeding me barrel pick after barrel pick before I was like bro I have to drive back to Globe

Seriously though grabbed a pour of Del Bac single barrel plus their Yellowstone pick to-go. This place is super friendly and legit.
Hopefully they stick around.

I'm far pickier about beer, so I usually know what I'm getting into and rarely disappointed with a purchase... and a 22oz bottle of course goes far quicker.... compared to bourbon, where there's just a ton out there (and so much of it sounds great on the surface), and collecting it like beer would make for a lifetime supply 10 times over., so I rely much more on goof bourbon bars to try stuff or try before I buy.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:49 AM 06-27-2023

1 is a 15 second char
2 is 30 seconds
3 is 35 seconds
:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:58 AM 06-27-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Hopefully they stick around.

I'm far pickier about beer, so I usually know what I'm getting into and rarely disappointed with a purchase... and a 22oz bottle of course goes far quicker.... compared to bourbon, where there's just a ton out there (and so much of it sounds great on the surface), and collecting it like beer would make for a lifetime supply 10 times over., so I rely much more on goof bourbon bars to try stuff or try before I buy.
The bartender said they've been there like 30 some years but admittedly started as a vodka bar (wtf?). They also seem to have a pretty big following in the local bourbon world

What I liked is how the dining room was separate from the bar so its an easy place to just sit and try things without feeling like you're in a full blown restaurant

Unfortunately their live menu is QR code so its not really possible to see everything they have available prior to going

They also have probably a dozen or so flavor infused barrels of varying flavors for cocktails. They let me try a Juicy Fruit Old Fashioned from one which was out of this world

I'd definitely meet you there sometime
[Reply]
penguinz 11:44 AM 06-27-2023
InvinciBill, Why the fuck did you downvote me?
[Reply]
InvinciBill 12:11 PM 06-27-2023
InvinciBill, Why the **** did you downvote me?
I think the number is just the # of that kind of stave, not the char level.

The numbers always add up to 10, and there are 10 custom staves on each barrel.

https://www.makersmark.com/makers-ma...vate-selection
[Reply]
penguinz 12:17 PM 06-27-2023
Originally Posted by InvinciBill:
I think the number is just the # of that kind of stave, not the char level.

The numbers always add up to 10, and there are 10 custom staves on each barrel.

https://www.makersmark.com/makers-ma...vate-selection
I didn't look up MM's labeling I was going by just standard stave ratings.
[Reply]
Page 203 of 207
« First < 103153193199200201202203 204205206207 >
Up