ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL likely banning hip-drop tackle
oaklandhater 03:13 PM 03-20-2024

The NFL competition committee has proposed a new rule that would penalize a player with a 15-yard penalty and grant the opposition an automatic first down for using the hip-drop tackle to bring a runner to the ground.

This is the definition of a hip-drop tackle:
(a) grabs the… pic.twitter.com/yL7peCR8gS

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) March 20, 2024

YAC gods will go crazy
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:02 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I can see it now, Derek.Henry breaks out and open field , a D B jumps on his back & ride him all the way to the goal line for a TD, just because he can't drop down tackle him.
you can drop down , you just cant plant your hip into their leg when you fall down...right?
[Reply]
penchief 10:03 PM 03-20-2024
I hear where most of you are coming from but I'm not sure I disagree with it. Seems like some defenders do it with the intent of injuring. I still feel like Arden Key's tackle on Mahomes in the Jacksonville playoff game last year was an example of intent to injure. You could tell by the way he threw his full weight on Pat's legs that it was sneaky dirty. Thank God Mahomes is tough as nails.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:25 PM 03-20-2024
What the fuck!?
[Reply]
jdubya 10:30 PM 03-20-2024
Depends on conditions right? Sloppy wet fields vs dry. This is so "Beta".....Good Lord

I love this place but this will get me downvoted quickly.....

Mahomes is the king of running to the sidelines but when defenders pull up to not drill the fuck out of him...he sprints for another 3-7 yards up the sideline. On another play if a player touches his helmet......a flag is thrown for hurting his "something" I guess
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:12 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Depends on conditions right? Sloppy wet fields vs dry. This is so "Beta".....Good Lord

I love this place but this will get me downvoted quickly.....

Mahomes is the king of running to the sidelines but when defenders pull up to not drill the fuck out of him...he sprints for another 3-7 yards up the sideline. On another play if a player touches his helmet......a flag is thrown for hurting his "something" I guess
This almost never happens. And the whole pulling up thing is pretty much bullshit, too. All they have to do is push him out of bounds. They would not get flagged. They're just not finishing the play. Or they have a bad angle.

At the end of the day these rules help keep the best players on the field and I'd rather watch the best players play a slightly less brutal form of football than watch a bunch of back ups.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:37 PM 03-20-2024
As others have said, I have zero faith that this will be called correctly and will likely directly impact 2-3 games this season.
[Reply]
Katie 11:47 PM 03-20-2024
this is officially dumbest thing ever.
[Reply]
SAGA45 01:29 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
At the end of the day these rules help keep the best players on the field and I'd rather watch the best players play a slightly less brutal form of football than watch a bunch of back ups.
In the broader sense I would agree but some of the "best players" have been backups that seized an opportunity in the wake of the starter getting seriously hurt.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:53 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
In the broader sense I would agree but some of the "best players" have been backups that seized an opportunity in the wake of the starter getting seriously hurt.
I'd prefer to watch them play the game.

Guys get hurt, will always get hurt, will never stop getting hurt.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:20 AM 03-21-2024
Just play flag football and wear pink jerseys

Originally Posted by penchief:
I hear where most of you are coming from but I'm not sure I disagree with it. Seems like some defenders do it with the intent of injuring. I still feel like Arden Key's tackle on Mahomes in the Jacksonville playoff game last year was an example of intent to injure. You could tell by the way he threw his full weight on Pat's legs that it was sneaky dirty. Thank God Mahomes is tough as nails.
No shit players try to injure other players. It's a part of the game. Don't like it? Go watch women's volleyball
[Reply]
kysirsoze 04:51 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

No shit players try to injure other players. It's a part of the game. Don't like it? Go watch women's volleyball
Sounds like you're the one who needs to find a different sport.
[Reply]
penchief 05:01 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

LOL. you sound like a real asshole. To this day, I'm still a defensive homer. I love tough physical football as much as the next person, but there is no place in sports for intentionally trying to injure other players. If that's the kind of football you like, go be a fan of the Raiders or the Harbaughs.

It's the stupidest thing to hear morons say you can't tackle clean and still be physical. Our defense just proved that you can be punishing without being pieces of shit.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 05:03 AM 03-21-2024
Karlaftis is about to be the 2024 version of Taylor on this call. He is gonna get wrongly flagged for this, a lot, if it passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:04 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by penchief:
LOL. you sound like a piece of shit. To this day, I'm still a defensive homer. I love tough physical football as much as the next person, but there is no place in sports for intentionally trying to injure other players. If that's the kind of football you like, go be a fan of the Raiders or the Harbaughs.

It's the stupidest thing to hear morons say you can't tackle clean and still be physical. Our defense just proved that you can be punishing without being pieces of shit.
You soft as hell broski. Probably never been in a fight in your life pussy.

I never said players can't tackle clean and still be physical. Obviously the flag football pink jersey comment was a joke.

I don't want players to try and injure other players but it is reality and they can change the rules all they want. That's not going to change..

https://theathletic.com/3635296/2022...injure-player/

Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Sounds like you're the one who needs to find a different sport.
Whatever you say. Have a good day
[Reply]
penchief 05:22 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Brooklyn:
Karlaftis is about to be the 2024 version of Taylor on this call. He is gonna get wrongly flagged for this, a lot, if it passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There a plenty of ways to tackle from behind without lifting your legs off the ground and targeting the back of another player's legs with the full force of your body weight. That actually takes more effort than just driving the player into the ground from behind or dragging them down without targeting th back of their legs.

How is it different than Denver's culture of targeting the backs of players legs? Dirty play is for cheaters and undisciplined teams.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up