ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 34
« First < 243031323334
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:03 PM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
went to a private party there, it's phenominal
Appreciate the info, its definitely on the itinerary
[Reply]
blake5676 03:09 PM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
It's Harp for me also. I have been singing their praises since it was recommended to me by a friend who is a pretty well-known judge in the KC BBQ Society judging circle. I just think people won't move from the Big names like Joe's Q39 and Jack Stack to try a place in Raytown. Scott's Kitchen up by the Airport is another gem that people seem to ignore that is excellent.
I'll admit I've only had Harp about 4-5 times. It's not close to where I live and was always inconvenient to go early on Saturday's when they were operating out of Crane Brewery. But each time I've gone, it's been consistently nails. Last time I went they had a blueberry and white cheddar sausage that was better than sex. And the brisket is that thick cut, fatty with good char style.

I rarely have "bad" BBQ at any of these places in KC. I've just come to find that these small craft places can consistently put out a better quality that the super popular places like Joes and Jack Stack. That being said, I'd eat any of them any day of the week and be happy.
[Reply]
srvy 04:49 PM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by blake5676:
I'll admit I've only had Harp about 4-5 times. It's not close to where I live and was always inconvenient to go early on Saturday's when they were operating out of Crane Brewery. But each time I've gone, it's been consistently nails. Last time I went they had a blueberry and white cheddar sausage that was better than sex. And the brisket is that thick cut, fatty with good char style.

I rarely have "bad" BBQ at any of these places in KC. I've just come to find that these small craft places can consistently put out a better quality that the super popular places like Joes and Jack Stack. That being said, I'd eat any of them any day of the week and be happy.
That sausage is incredible and spot on with the brisket. Yes you can't go wrong with really any of the big name places but not branching out to discover that there is fantastic BBQ out on the outskirts is really missing the boat.

Sadly Gates and Bryant don't resemble anything of what they once were. I Just don't bother anymore.
[Reply]
srvy 04:52 PM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by ku_jhawk23:
It begins and ends with LC's original location on Eastwood. There are no other right answers.
I haven't been to it since LC died is it still as good?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:54 PM 09-06-2023
Favorite is Joe's because of the consistency. A lunch plate Burnt End with Fries is ALWAYS going to be top tier. Never had a bad or even mediocre one. Unfortunately can't say the same for any of the other 'name' joints like Jack Stack, Bryants, or Gates.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:54 PM 09-06-2023
Q39 is objectively good but can't stand how pretentious it can be.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:04 PM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Q39 is objectively good but can't stand how pretentious it can be.
I can't get out of q39 for under $80 for two but the meal is always phenomenal. It's expensive but it is good.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:21 PM 09-06-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
That sausage is incredible and spot on with the brisket. Yes you can't go wrong with really any of the big name places but not branching out to discover that there is fantastic BBQ out on the outskirts is really missing the boat.
When I visit family in KC, Hayward's in OP(?) is really close by. Nothing fancy, but I love getting a full rack of ribs to go. Simple to swing by, get in and out, and has the right amount of bark and meat tenderness, for me.

Wish I had something similar out here nearby.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:01 PM 09-06-2023
Has anyone been to Wolfepacks new location that is the restaurant and not the food truck? Heard they ran outta food last week at 4pm (was like the first Saturday night they were open in the restaurant). Would like to see how good their fries are since they couldn't ever serve them at the food truck
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:55 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Has anyone been to Wolfepacks new location that is the restaurant and not the food truck? Heard they ran outta food last week at 4pm (was like the first Saturday night they were open in the restaurant). Would like to see how good their fries are since they couldn't ever serve them at the food truck
Just picked some up now, their ribs fall off the bone, it’s officially my new fav place.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:13 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Just picked some up now, their ribs fall off the bone, it’s officially my new fav place.
You like bone, Eh
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:22 PM 09-07-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Has anyone been to Wolfepacks new location that is the restaurant and not the food truck? ....
Have not. Interesting though, that location used to be LaSala's Deli.

If I'm in that area its usually for Caddyshack pizza, but we can give BBQ at the Wolfe a try sometime.

Continue with BBQ discussion.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 34
« First < 243031323334
Up