ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 34
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:36 PM 05-11-2020
Q39 is trash.

Not Zarda bad....but close to it.
[Reply]
candyman 05:05 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Q39 is trash.

:-)

It's the third best bbq (from a restaurant) I've ever had. You're either trolling or got very unlucky on a rare off-night.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:11 PM 05-11-2020
Q39 is trash.

Q39 has fantastic burnt ends.

Their sides aren't much to write about, but their meat and sauce is heat.
[Reply]
RustShack 05:21 PM 05-11-2020
Q39 is trash.

It’s my favorite.
[Reply]
Third Eye 05:30 PM 05-11-2020
Q39’s smoked chicken wings are legit.
[Reply]
srvy 05:36 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
haven't been in the last few years but a little joint called Wabash was a longtime favorite. it's in excelsior springs, mo
Its a favorite of mine but some people stick to their 6 mile radius then claim to know who is best.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:41 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Q39’s smoked chicken wings are legit.
Smokehouse has some Cajun butter chicken wings that are absolutely amazing. The ads with Fescoe on 610 got me to try them and it's one of the times I appreciated his pitch or opinion greatly. Their beans are as good as it gets in KC as well. The one in Gladstone is better than their Zona location.

I'll give Smokin Guns in NKC a nod for their burnt ends. Not as good as Joe's but as good as you'll find north of the river I'd guess.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:42 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Smokehouse has some Cajun butter chicken wings that are absolutely amazing. Their beans are as good as it gets in KC as well. The one in Gladstone is better than their Zona location.
Independence Smokehouse is fire, too.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:47 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Independence Smokehouse is fire, too.
Good to know, forgot they even had one out there. I always get their chopped burnt end sandwich when I'm there, the other meats I've had were good but not great. I'd gladly make a meal out of their wings and beans though.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 06:15 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I tried something, smoked ham salad on club crackers, this weekend from Brodecks on 105th and Roe. It was very good. My son brought home a quart of it, and we have been eating it as snacks. Not sure how the rest of their stuff is, but here is the link:

https://brobecksbbq.com/
Confirmed. It’s been a while but their ham salad sammich is outstanding.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:18 PM 05-11-2020
Good to know, forgot they even had one out there. I always get their chopped burnt end sandwich when I'm there, the other meats I've had were good but not great. I'd gladly make a meal out of their wings and beans though.
Their beans are the best thing ever.
[Reply]
srvy 06:21 PM 05-11-2020
Oh yeah the Super Crispy that's a good sammie. Their pit beans are second to none sorry Jack Stack.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:34 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Oh yeah the Super Crispy that's a good sammie. Their pit beans are second to none sorry Jack Stack.
For my son's second birthday I made a pork butt and slaw and some other stuff. My MIL was in charge of the beans. She said she found a recipe online and had it under control.

Everyone raved about them. They were the best beans they've ever had. They kept asking who made them and I hadn't even had time to eat anything so I just said my MIL not thinking anything of it. She decided to buy a pan from Smokehouse instead of making them last minute.

:-)
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 06:35 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Festus:
Has anyone been to Guy & Maes in Williamsburg recently? I haven't been there in 30 years. It used to be quite an attraction-just ribs
I’d heard great things, but I suspect their time has come and gone because it was not good.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:39 PM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Boiled Chicken:
I’d heard great things, but I suspect their time has come and gone because it was not good.
I don't EVER get ribs.

I can always do better myself, and for a helluva lot less...
[Reply]
Page 29 of 34
« First < 192526272829 30313233 > Last »
Up