ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 34
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:43 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Munson:
Damn, that looks delicious.

I had never heard of this place. But after seeing that picture, I'm gonna have to give them a visit this week.

https://www.dannyedwardsblvdbbq.com/
I like their beans, but they are different than most. I've enjoyed everything I've tried there.
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:21 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Man, all I can get around here is Dreamland, and they wouldn't know what beef looked like if it walked in the door and mooed.
Ribs aren’t bad there though.

Definitely not great BBQ, but it’s ok.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:21 PM 12-16-2018
Danny Edwards was originally located where the Sprint Center is now. They were a daytime only restaurant, dinky place with only a few seats. Their slogan was "Eat It And Beat It." Now they're on Southwest Boulevard right next to Ponak's. Their BBQ is very good, but my biggest gripe is they are still a daytime only business. Lunch only, not open for dinner. That's just the way they do it. Their sauce is a coffee colored spicy sauce. Unique and very tasty.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:25 PM 12-16-2018
The only Gates that's still quality is the one on Cleaver II/47th.
I was a Bryant's man (18th and Brooklyn only) for most of my life, but it's gone to shit.
LC's is still pretty good; inconsistent but lower ceiling, but higher floor. The Mitch Trubisky of KC BBQ. LOL.
Joe's is very consistent across the board. Sad, but it's probably true that it's overall the best these days.
I usually grab Gates to go from the aforementioned spot when I want BBQ because I live nearby.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:39 PM 12-16-2018
I'd love to smash one of those sandwiches right now. Looks delicious.
[Reply]
scho63 02:04 PM 12-16-2018
I've tried twice to get into Little Miss BBQ out here in Phoenix and both times the wait was over two hours.

One of the highest rated BBQ places in the US.

I think I'll do a pre-order next time and this thread is making my craving skyrocket.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:24 PM 12-16-2018
My personal favorite in KC is 1. Jack Stack in Martin City followed closely by Q39

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12-16-2018, 03:09 PM
This message has been deleted by cooper barrett.
kcpasco 03:15 PM 12-16-2018
I ate a Joe’s in Overland Park last time I was in KC. Overrated? I thought the brisket was really good.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:20 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
I ate a Joe’s in Overland Park last time I was in KC. Overrated? I thought the brisket was really good.
This afternoon I made a delivery to one of my customers in Olathe. So I stopped in at Joe's for lunch. Got a half slab of ribs with fries, beans and a strawberry soda.

I's full and need a nap now.
Attached: IMG_0846.jpg (79.0 KB) IMG_0845.jpg (101.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Munson 03:30 PM 12-17-2018
Just got back from Danny Edwards BBQ. I had the "Monday Special" (1 sandwich + 1 side) pulled pork sandwich and fries for only $6.99. It was tasty, and I feel like I got my money's worth.
[Reply]
srvy 04:09 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Danny Edwards was originally located where the Sprint Center is now. They were a daytime only restaurant, dinky place with only a few seats. Their slogan was "Eat It And Beat It." Now they're on Southwest Boulevard right next to Ponak's. Their BBQ is very good, but my biggest gripe is they are still a daytime only business. Lunch only, not open for dinner. That's just the way they do it. Their sauce is a coffee colored spicy sauce. Unique and very tasty.
Yep I ate there nearly every day while working during construction or ATT Town Pavilion used to set the pig statue out at entrance. The City forced them out of there with eminent domain and wouldnt let him be a part of the P&L district. The funny thing was the were their forever successfully yet all the original eateries have pulled out of P&L. It seems there was a Edwards in Waldo at one time to.

Actually I think it was called Jake Edwards BBQ in Waldo. Maybe a relation I dunnoActually Jake Edwards was Danny's father and the place by what is now Sprint was call Lil Jake's Eat It and Beat It named for Danny the son. Jake Edwards started a restaurant during the great depression and started his BBQ joint at 83rd and Wornall in the Waldo district.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:10 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This afternoon I made a delivery to one of my customers in Olathe. So I stopped in at Joe's for lunch. Got a half slab of ribs with fries, beans and a strawberry soda.

I's full and need a nap now.
I fancy getting Barq's red creme soda when I go there. A rarity in this region.
[Reply]
BeMyValentine 04:40 PM 12-17-2018
I tried Slaps last week. Very Impressed, thank you for the recommendation.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:46 PM 12-17-2018
And another thing about SLAPS, I mix the hot and the sweet sauce to put on their meats.

And I use the white sauce for the cheddar jalapeno sausage. Which is awesome. Krizmans makes it.
[Reply]
philfree 09:54 PM 01-07-2019
I was in KC last night and thru lunch today. Went to Jack Stack for lunch and it was great. Today's Soup was Burnt Ends Stew. It was off the charts. Had the Hot Russ I think it was called. Not he Poor Russ the other one. It was great as well. The Burnt Ends Stew though was just wow!
[Reply]
Page 27 of 34
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up