ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 34
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Best BBQ joint in KC area?
BossChief 12:20 PM 02-07-2015
We are driving down to KC and I usually go to Gates, but want to try something different this time around.

I'm looking to go to the absolute best BBQ joint in the KC area for dinner tonight and figured you guys would know best. Maybe a few of you want to come out and eat with us.

What say you, CP?

(The search function is off or I'd use it.)
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:52 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Joe's KC but mostly because I can walk there
When is the best time/day to go to avoid the line?
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:54 PM 12-08-2018
My stepdad got me into the Poor Russ and then the French Dip at jackstack. I feel bad for not ordering BBQ but that French Dip might be the best thing on their menu.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:13 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Good to know your BBQ takes are just as bad as your football takes.

I'll give you the Gates/sauce thing. But LC's is pretty damn good and Zarda's is subpar for KC (still would be top 5 BBQ in LA). LC's burnt ends might be the best I've had.
LC's has always been hit or miss for me.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:28 AM 12-09-2018
I really only like the burnt ends. But they are amazing.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:58 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
KCJoes for Ribs.....

I have to agree....My Wife is not a huge fan of BBQ - but she LOVES Joe's ribs. :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:26 AM 12-09-2018
I am not up to speed of some of the new Q joints in KC. I will need to do some research on next trip to KC
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:01 PM 12-15-2018
I just finished up with three bones and a quarter of smoked chicken from Slap's. This was not my first time there as I live only a couple of minutes away, but possibly my first time commenting on them. I will admit to not being a huge fan of their sauces. The spicy is decent but not great. The sweet, well I don't care much for sweet bbq sauce to begin with so it was in the negative column before I ever tried it. And honestly I don't like to use a lot of sauce to begin with. Just a touch of a good sauce to accentuate the smoked meat is all that is required. It does not need to be smothered in it. If it does it is not a very good smoked meat. Anyway, the meats are on point. Both ribs and chicken were perfectly smoked. And their warm potato cassarole is always a treat. If you haven't made your way up to the Strawberry Hill in a while (or ever) you should come up and check out the place. Hell, hit me up and we can do lunch or dinner and we can grab a couple of drinks, or ten, at the local bars. I am always down for a CP meeting. Sadly they are not as common as they used to be. But Slaps is worth a visit wether we meet up or not.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:03 PM 12-15-2018
There's some cool looking spots in that area.

I popped into the sausage place a couple weeks ago
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:09 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
There's some cool looking spots in that area.

I popped into the sausage place a couple weeks ago
My uncle does a lot of smoking, had his bbq joint on Tonganoxie for a while and still does quite a bit of catering. Anyway, that is where he gets his sausage from. I have never been dissapointed in it.

There was an article in The Pitch this past week or two about this area. I still haven't read it, but now that I am thinking about it I will. Apperantly it named a place or two that frequent. I'll go read it and probably post the link to it afterwards.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 07:13 PM 12-15-2018
Warning... if you want burnt ends, they don’t serve them until 5:00pm. We went and ordered at 4:40 and couldn’t get them. About five minutes until 5:00 it started loading up with people. After we were done eating, I walked by someone with burnt ends and was jealous as hell. Man, they looked delicious.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:21 PM 12-15-2018
the longest lines I always see are Saturday early afternoon. There's usually a line out the door.

I've had good luck on weekday nights with shorter lines.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:21 PM 12-15-2018
OK, good article hitting some, but not all of the hot spots on the Hill. And in keeping with the topic of the thread they lead with their write up on Slap's.

Breit's is my go to. But Johniie's is where I had a couple of cocktails this afternnon before swinging by Slpa's for my dinner.

https://www.thepitchkc.com/food-drin...lEHMFHoLRjMyFY
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:23 PM 12-15-2018
I love me a good Reuben sandwich.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:26 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I love me a good Reuben sandwich.
As do I. Breit's makes them as well as anyone and better than most.
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:30 PM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
OK, good article hitting some, but not all of the hot spots on the Hill. And in keeping with the topic of the thread they lead with their write up on Slap's.

Breit's is my go to. But Johniie's is where I had a couple of cocktails this afternnon before swinging by Slpa's for my dinner.

https://www.thepitchkc.com/food-drin...lEHMFHoLRjMyFY
Cocktails you say?
[Reply]
Page 25 of 34
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up